Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's been just a little over a month since We came back from a week at the YC - honestly I love, love this resort and the whole crescent Lake area. Already planning an April 2023 trip, and possibly a very short trip in early December to see the Christmas lights. After not having traveled for 3 years because of the pandemic, We have a little catching up to do

This was our room view. Perfection.

View attachment 689417
My favorite resort. We will be there for 10 days in December for our first trip since 2019

It's been just a little over a month since We came back from a week at the YC - honestly I love, love this resort and the whole crescent Lake area. Already planning an April 2023 trip, and possibly a very short trip in early December to see the Christmas lights. After not having traveled for 3 years because of the pandemic, We have a little catching up to do

View attachment 689417

Oh my! Looks so pretty and getting me so excited to stay at BC. In fact this exact time in 4 weeks I'll be on the plane 😁

We are planning a trip to Universal for next June and we’d like to visit Disney afterwards. I’ve been checking the Disney site for days and there is no availability at the end of June for either Yacht or Beach Club. Can it already be booked solid for next June? I’ll keep checking, but it caught me off guard.

So my family and I are doing a split stay this December at Beach Club/AKL/Saratoga and we checked back to see if we could change the Saratoga part of our stay another hotel and we were able to grab Beach Club from December 29th-January 1st!! A little annoying to have to go from BC, AKL and then back to BC but we're super excited to be at Beach Club for New Year's!! Checking back for availability works, so don't give up.

We are planning a trip to Universal for next June and we’d like to visit Disney afterwards. I’ve been checking the Disney site for days and there is no availability at the end of June for either Yacht or Beach Club. Can it already be booked solid for next June? I’ll keep checking, but it caught me off guard.
I tried to book YC for the last of week of June on the morning 2023 packages first dropped and there was ZERO availability in any room category at YC or BC. I called Disney and was told that it could be that they held back the inventory for a convention and it hasn't been released to the public yet. I've been checking almost daily since then and have never seen a room available for that week at either resort.

I tried to book YC for the last of week of June on the morning 2023 packages first dropped and there was ZERO availability in any room category at YC or BC. I called Disney and was told that it could be that they held back the inventory for a convention and it hasn't been released to the public yet. I've been checking almost daily since then and have never seen a room available for that week at either resort.

Thank you for letting me know. At least I know I'm not losing my mind, lol! I tried so many combinations of dates and nothing was showing available and I thought I was doing something wrong. I'll keep checking, too!

Yes, all the TV's are smart TV's and anything you media can stream the can be viewed on the tv in your room . So I recommend, lets say you have Disney+ make sure it's loaded on your phone or Ipad . There is so much available. Lets face it though you didn't come to Disney to watch TV. Have a Wonderful Magical Time !
Thanks for the info! We don't usually watch much, if any TV on vacation, but given everything going on in the world, I was thinking along the lines of if either of us got sick while in WDW, would we have Netflix, Disney+ to keep us company.

View attachment 689417
What a lovely and lively vista! May I ask which room category this falls under?

Well, I am super happy to report we were able to rent DVC points for our honeymoon next year so we'll be staying at Beach Club Villas instead of our backup plan of Yacht Club. Has anyone stayed in the villas that can recommend a good location to request? I know it's not till June of next year but I'm just toooo excited to start planning!

Well, I am super happy to report we were able to rent DVC points for our honeymoon next year so we'll be staying at Beach Club Villas instead of our backup plan of Yacht Club. Has anyone stayed in the villas that can recommend a good location to request? I know it's not till June of next year but I'm just toooo excited to start planning!
Congrats on the wedding and honeymoon! You'll love the BCVs. Just to give you some perspective, BCVs is a relatively small resort. It is also not known for it's views but some of us do have our favorites and make the best of it. All rooms have a balcony or patio, some larger than others but nonetheless you will have one. Access to the BC lobby is a short, 5 minute or less walk from most rooms in the BCVs. Two elevator banks, a double in the main BCV lobby and single towards the middle of the building which will dump you off by the Dunes Cove Pool area.

You can request a pool view or what I will call a non-pool or woods view. 5 floors in total, so if you want a higher vs. lower floor or vice-versa you can add that to the request. Some of the higher floors on the woods side will give you limited views of Epcot and the higher fireworks. There is also a road [Epcot Resorts Blvd.] on the woods side where you'll hear some traffic.

Whatever you decide on for requests, you'll need to go through the source of your rented points to insure those get added to the reservation.
Regardless of where you end up I think you'll enjoy the villas, all of the amenities of BC/YC, the short walk to Epcot and easy access to Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:
Well, I am super happy to report we were able to rent DVC points for our honeymoon next year so we'll be staying at Beach Club Villas instead of our backup plan of Yacht Club. Has anyone stayed in the villas that can recommend a good location to request?

Here is the BCV room map, in case you haven't seen it:
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

You used to be able to see the Epcot fireworks from the higher floors if you were facing that direction, but not as much any more because the trees have grown taller.

BCV isn't big enough to make requests like "near lobby" or "near Epcot" important. As PP said, if people put in a request it's usually for a pool view or a woods view.

As PP also said, the member who made the reservation can contact DVC Member Services for you to put in a request; you cannot contact DVC Member Services if you are not a member. Some people choose to pay for a Touring Plans subscription and put in a request that way; my understanding is that you can do this even if you are renting points because Touring Plans puts in the request for you.

The worst rooms are studios near the elevators. Don't request that unless you have mobility issues. You can hear weird whirring elevator sounds in those rooms. It's really annoying.

Is the scaffolding still up around the lighthouse? Also....around the stair/bridges at storm along bay? Thanks in advance!

Wondering who has stayed in YC over holiday season. We're deciding between WL or YC for December 2023. Everyone says WL is the best for the holidays, and I do love the resort, but a voice inside of me is still saying YAAAAACHT CLUUUB lol. Any thoughts? I've also heard that WL is less likely to do discounts than YC/BC, and getting a better deal will be important.
We've done both WL and YC over the holidays. Not many, if any discounts from 12/25 - 1/1 for any resorts. Loved both stays, you can't go wrong at either resort. Had better weather the year at the YC, so of course that's my favorite holiday trip, but WL is so cozy and "holiday like." WL will likely be a little less expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter