Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Am I crazy?

For an early December stay, we had AK king bed std view, because it was available with the AP discount for not much more than the rack rate FQ king room we had booked. YC/BC were unavailable with the discount and/or insanely expensive at that point. Then, a BC CL water view room popped up with the discount. DH said go for it, since well, BC. Duh.

Then I started doing the math. And got thinking about the smaller numbers of balconies and king beds at BC. So when a BWV 1 bdrm showed up for $150 less a night than the BC room, I swapped. I’m worried I’m going to miss YC/BC, but you can buy a lot of snacks to stock the room with, and it guarantees us a king bed, balcony/patio, full kitchen and much more space. No SAB, but the creepy clown is gone and who knows how many swimming weather days we’ll get in December anyway. We aren’t crazy about BW, the layout is screwy and awkward to get around, but it’s cheaper and more practical.

It’s the sensible decision, right? YC/BC Addicts, please reassure me that I’m not going to spend the whole trip looking longingly across the lake. It’s the whole king bed issue that’s our dealbreaker, we just can’t do a queen bed for more than one night and stay happily married.

I'm DVC. My preference is BCV or BWV over anywhere else. So Beach Club or BoardWalk over Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I would choose a 1-bedroom at either resort over a regular room at any resort. Have you ever stayed in a 1-bedroom? They're so nice. So 1-bedroom BWV over regular room at BC.

When I'm staying at BWV, I always end up wandering over to BC to look in the gift shop. And when I'm staying at BCV, I always end up wandering over to the BoardWalk to look in the gift shop. When I'm at one, I'm never unhappy and wish I were at the other one.

The only thing you're not factoring in is that they're supposed to be doing refurbishing work at BoardWalk. I haven't paid attention to the dates. You can get info about that over on the BoardWalk thread.

I also have had King beds at my request for BC and YC on all my trips

We’ve had great luck getting king beds at YC every trip. BC is about a 50-50 success rate, and when we have actually gotten a king bed, the room has had a small (or no) balcony and it’s been in a sucky location or had a crappy view. If I had been at YC, I’d have kept the reservation in a heartbeat. It’s just the BC side of things that makes me hesitate every time…

Hi - can anyone confirm that either market at YC or BC have 1/2 gallons of cow milk and a non cow milk (any type - soy, almond, oat, etc.)? We are staying at YC and considering packing cereal to eat in the room (2 of us prefer cow milk and 2 of us prefer non cow milk). Or maybe even available somewhere on the Boardwalk (just thought of that)?

And what is the bowl/spoon situation? Are those available at the market, too? Or do I need to pack those?

Thanks!

I can confirm the cow milk and non cow milk is available. We bought both in October. Not sure about the spoon/bowl situation unless your staying in the villas (they provide both) and not the hotel.

BC Marketplace should have all the basics due to the BC DVC. They have whole milk, 1%, and Fat Free. In addition they should have Silk and Almond Milk available in 1/2 Gallons. They also have packages of bowls, napkins and plastic-ware available.

The Screen Door Store over at the BoardWalk also has a good selection of breakfast related items.

Dave

Thanks for the help!

I have another question - are there rooms at YC with a chair/ottoman? DH may need to sleep in a chair due to pain. I thought that I saw a pic with a chair/ottoman, but I can't even remember which resort it was. Thanks!

Thanks for the help!

I have another question - are there rooms at YC with a chair/ottoman? DH may need to sleep in a chair due to pain. I thought that I saw a pic with a chair/ottoman, but I can't even remember which resort it was. Thanks!
At YC there is usually a chair and ottoman in the king bed rooms. The two Queen rooms usually have a fold over/daybed couch.

Thanks for the help!

The chair & ottoman frankly aren’t very comfortable, IMO. They’re a vinyl material so I always seem to slip down when sitting in it. And the chair isn’t high at all, so no head support. I can’t imagine sleeping in it all night. Might sitting sideways on the sofa work for him?

I know there are better pictures, but I found these quick.

CF373831-97CA-4A19-9535-2974D3F5B6CB.png3EF4869F-72BC-4BDF-A121-FF8994B4A4F6.png

The rooms I’ve been in with chairs have had the thin arms like in the second picture. It’s a little hard to see but I hope you get the idea.

Last edited:
The chair & ottoman frankly aren’t very comfortable, IMO. They’re a vinyl material so I always seem to slip down when sitting in it. And the chair isn’t high at all, so no head support. I can’t imagine sleeping in it all night. Might sitting sideways on the sofa work for him?

I know there are better pictures, but I found these quick.

View attachment 721909View attachment 721910

The rooms I’ve been in with chairs have had the thin arms like in the second picture. It’s a little hard to see but I hope you get the idea.
We stayed at Yacht Club a few weeks ago and had a chair like the second picture with the sling arms. It was very comfortable for sitting, but I"m not sure it would have been very good for sleeping.

Thanks for the help!

There was a post once on one of the DVC forums about someone seeing a big chair being brought in. People assumed it was for medical reasons. You can have various medical things delivered. A chair he can sleep in probably is one of those things

Thanks for the help! We are in a queen room. Yes, the sofa might work, but I was trying to figure out what options are available. I am hoping that his pain isn't so bad that he needs options and is fine in the bed but I wanted to be prepared. Now that I know that they have a chair/ottoman in some rooms, that helps. i agree- it looks too low to support your head. But I don't know how he manages to sleep in our chairs at home!

Heading down for a 7 night Christmas excursion with our four adult nieces to the BCV on Thursday! I'll be the "odd man" out but looking forward to sharing the experience with them! I'm not really odd but it's 5 vs. me! Also, trying to maintain that good uncle status. It will be my first time in a 2BR villa since we're usually a studio couple. They're excited and we're excited. I'll try to report back during our stay. Weather looks warm for this time of year, at least warmer than when we were there in October. I'll try to get a picture of the December Activities Schedule when we get there on Thursday, but may have to wait until Friday. We have a full agenda even with some reservation timing missteps on my part. But who's keeping score!

Has anyone had any experience using Shipt at the Yacht and Beach club? Does it get delivered to Bell services like an Instacart order or to the business center like a package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter