Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was honestly trying to divert the conversation but I do want to see a BCV renovated room! Probably not for a couple more weeks though until the first wing or two are done.
I would love to see a renovated BCV room. The only way I would stay in a deluxe studio would be if they replaced the sofa sleeper with a Murphy bed. I see that they are adding them to other DVC resorts. In fact, I tried to rent a deluxe studio with points for October in hopes that they would have the Murphy bed but unfortunately, I was too late to catch the rental window. :(

Just a thought but...while the pixie dust is nice for the guest that has extra non YC/BC guests get use of the SAB, it creates the situation where those less reasonable and feeling much more entitled to use those examples as their excuse to demand entrance for those they want to include.
Also take into account that you have a sign posted that is exclusive to BC/YC guest only, and a CM (showing pixie dust) allows a non YC/BC guest into the pool with YC/BC guest, they get hurt or worse and now there is a liability issue on the CM, hotel management and Disney themselves. Rules are in place for a reason. Sorry but I am one of those YC/BC rule followers. I paid the premium price to stay at my favorite resort and it should be for resort guest only whether it’s 10am or 8 pm. Next thing you know is we are bringing them up to CL with or without asking. Who is to know?

I have booked a water view room Beach Club (resort, not Villas) but heard that rooms over looking the quiet pool can be noisy since that pool is open late. Any thoughts? if i ask for a higher room would that help? or should i just avoid that area all together? Or will cooler nights keep people from using it later and therefore not an issue? I don't want to be too picky in my request because I'm hoping to get my room earlier rather than later. TIA

I have booked a water view room Beach Club (resort, not Villas) but heard that rooms over looking the quiet pool can be noisy since that pool is open late. Any thoughts? if i ask for a higher room would that help? or should i just avoid that area all together? Or will cooler nights keep people from using it later and therefore not an issue? I don't want to be too picky in my request because I'm hoping to get my room earlier rather than later. TIA
I think BC is only 5 floors so it's not like "higher room" puts you way up in a tower. The BC quiet pool is pretty small. I wonder if noise is from people at the pool, or people on the walkway to Epcot.

I can't speak to the BC quiet pool view rooms, but we have stayed in YC quiet pool view rooms several times. The rooms have been nice and quiet (3rd and 4th floor). My husband and I were there last week {sigh} and I used the quiet pool every afternoon and there were up to 4 other people there those days (and 2 of the people were only there because they were doing laundry). In the evenings, we used the spa/hot tub and had it to ourselves except one night when there was one other woman there and we chatted quietly and pleasantly. Granted, January is not a busy time, but even when I've had that view in March and August, it has been quiet. It's certainly possible that BC is different.

Can any Beach Club regulars help with some travel times from Beach Club? Just trying to get a sense of how much time I need to plan to get where I need to go. I'll be voting at a busy time - Spring Break - so I want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!

-Beach Club to Disney Springs via Bus or Rideshare.

-Beach Club to Magic Kingdom via Bus and Minnie Van. I understand Ridershare drops you at TTC. Does the bus drop you at MK or at TTC? Do Minnie Vans drop directly at MK?

-Beach Club to Animal Kingdom via Bus or Rideshare.

-Beach Club to Hoop Dee Doo via Bus, Rideshare, or Minnie Van. I understand Bus and Rideshare will drop us at the main Fort Wilderness entrance and we'll need to take more busses/shuttles to get to Pioneer Hall, but Minnie Van can drop you off right at Pioneer Hall, is that still the case?

I would love to see a renovated BCV room. The only way I would stay in a deluxe studio would be if they replaced the sofa sleeper with a Murphy bed. I see that they are adding them to other DVC resorts. In fact, I tried to rent a deluxe studio with points for October in hopes that they would have the Murphy bed but unfortunately, I was too late to catch the rental window. :(
Well, whenever you do get to rent a studio, it will have the double Murphy bed. DVC is replacing all the sofa beds with Murphy beds as they refurb each resort.

I am wondering how often resort reservations are reloaded into the system when folks cancel or change dates?
I currently have a rack rate booked for my 3/29-4/5 trip, and would, of course, really rather get the AP or 25% off discount that is running at that time...

If someone cancels, do those dates go back into the availability bucket right away, or does it take a while and they load them only at certain times of the day?

I've been checking multiple times a day, but so far - nothing... 😒
I was just able to update my existing reservation with the 25% offer for my dates. I check a lot too and this is the first one I saw pop up so I'm gonna say they do put them back into inventory.

Good luck!

Hey y’all, we just booked YC again for this August!! This time, it’s my wife, 3 daughters and I, my BIL, his wife and 3 daughters and finally grandma and grandpa.

12 of us total. Any suggestions for a group activity, the cruises only seat 10 max.

So excited to be heading back!!

Hey y’all, we just booked YC again for this August!! This time, it’s my wife, 3 daughters and I, my BIL, his wife and 3 daughters and finally grandma and grandpa.

12 of us total. Any suggestions for a group activity, the cruises only seat 10 max.

So excited to be heading back!!

We enjoy the Winter Summerland mini golf. That one is near Blizzard Beach. But there is also Fantasia across from Swan & Dolphin. The pool games are fun too, things like Disney Trivia the whole family can participate in.

Can any Beach Club regulars help with some travel times from Beach Club? Just trying to get a sense of how much time I need to plan to get where I need to go. I'll be voting at a busy time - Spring Break - so I want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks!

-Beach Club to Magic Kingdom via Bus and Minnie Van. I understand Ridershare drops you at TTC. Does the bus drop you at MK or at TTC? Do Minnie Vans drop directly at MK?

-Beach Club to Hoop Dee Doo via Bus, Rideshare, or Minnie Van. I understand Bus and Rideshare will drop us at the main Fort Wilderness entrance and we'll need to take more busses/shuttles to get to Pioneer Hall, but Minnie Van can drop you off right at Pioneer Hall, is that still the case?
It’s been since 2019, so my info could be not 100% accurate.

the longest bus ruote is for sure to Magic kingdom. Via bus Should take about 15/20 (maximum). If you count waiting Times at the bus stop, it can take up to 45 minutes (if you’ re unlucky, for my experience). I never tried minnie van so I don’t know how much it can take, but yes, Minnie vans drop you at the entrance and ride shares drop you at TTC.

to Disney springs it’s not bad, since it’s not super far. It should be 10 minutes via bus (but buses can be less frequent than the ones for theme parks).

to animal kingdom, again, it’s not a bad timing with bus. It’s around 10/12 minutes.

about fort wilderness, I remember a ride from blizzard beach to there and it was kinda long, but It was something not planned, so I can’t really help unfortunately.

about rideshare, of course all timings are shorter, sometimes in a significant way. But, during busiest hours (morning and evening) wait times for a car can be super long, sometimes worst than buses. So, it really depends, for my experience, if you don’t have a car (so you can’t control wait times for transportation), using rideshare for parks can be good as bad.
if you are in a hurry or want to be super early, try to be at the bus stop earlier and, in the meantime, check options on rideshares and see what works best. I never had a bad time with buses, but it was always in non busy periods of the year.

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry that I have not been around much lately and especially that I have not kept up with the Be Our Guest list.

I am grateful that @disneyfan150 has reached out and offered to help me with this She will be getting me the info I need to make updates. We will assume anyone who lists their trip info is ok being added to the list, but if that is not the case, just let her or me know.

Be in touch soon!

xoxo!

Dee (natebenma)

BC to Disney Springs:
Every time I take a bus from BC to Disney Springs, the ride seems to take forever and I feel motion sick by the time I get there. I always swear I will never do it again. Most of the shops are too fancy-shmancy for me, and I haven't planned to eat there. A few years back I tried Minnie Van. Getting there was fine. But it took forever for a Minnie Van to arrive to take me back to the hotel. I'm not sure where the pick up/drop off area is for Minnie Van versus regular Lyft/Uber versus Disney bus these days. If it's the same place for Minnie Van and regular Lyft/Uber, there is no point in taking a Minnie Van over a regular Lyft/Uber unless you need the car seats.

BC to MK:
Somebody probably answered this already.
Bus goes directly to MK.
Minnie Van goes directly to MK.
Uber/Lyft go to TCC.

BC to AK:
I did this in 2019, so my notes might be out of date. I took a Lyft. I was picked up at 9:22 am and arrived at 9:36 am. When I had looked at the apps to order a ride, Uber didn't seem to know the difference between Animal Kingdom park and Animal Kingdom Lodge (hotel), so I used Lyft. Animal Kingdom had a weird pick up/drop off area in the parking lot. It’s okay when you are being dropped off. I think it would be confusing if you are getting picked up. I did not go straight back to the hotel from there.

Beach Club to Hoop Dee Doo via Bus, Rideshare, or Minnie Van. I understand Bus and Rideshare will drop us at the main Fort Wilderness entrance and we'll need to take more busses/shuttles to get to Pioneer Hall, but Minnie Van can drop you off right at Pioneer Hall, is that still the case?
I would take a Minnie Van or other ride to get to Pioneer Hall.

Via Disney transportation-
We traveled from Beach Club to Pioneer Hall once and it took forever. The only way to get there via bus from BC is to take the MK bus and then the FW boat. The boat from MK to FW is nice because drops you off near Pioneer Hall but it takes time to get there.

The return trip from FW to the BC would be to take the MK bus from the Settlement Depot and then catch the BC bus from the MK bus depot. Or take the boat from FW to MK and catch the BC bus from there. That is the way most people return to their resorts.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

83 days until our Beach Club stay!

If we buy a bottle (or 2) of white wine for the room, can I bring out one of those insulated wine tumblers to the pool filled with my wine? :) It's plastic or at least non-glass.

Also does Marketplace sell croissants and also toasted bagels with cream cheese in the morning? If not, does the place at Yacht Club?

Thank you.

Also does Marketplace sell croissants and also toasted bagels with cream cheese in the morning? If not, does the place at Yacht Club?
The Marketplace sells Bagels that you can toast. Thomas Brand plain and raisin bagels. The also offer English muffins all packaged. They also have individual croissants, Muffins,

Menu list: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/beach-club-marketplace/menus/
Menu list: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/menus/

Dave

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter