Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Before checking out, I headed upstairs for breakfast. On the menu-strawberry and vanilla yogurts, hard-boiled eggs, ham and cheese frittata, oatmeal with fixin's (toasted almonds, brown sugar, raisins, and cranberries), wheat and white bread, croissants, strawberry jam, grape jam, and orange marmalade, smoked salmon, red onions, capers and lemons, breakfast sausage, mixed berries (strawberries and blueberries), grapes, pineapple, bagels, English muffins, apple cinnamon loaf, guava danish, blueberry muffins, silver dollar pancakes, Rice Chex, Rice Krispies, Fruit Loops and corn flakes, POG and orange juice plus coffees and teas. I requested a POGmosa. Yum!
After breakfast, I checked out of last night's room, left bags at Bell Services, then headed upstairs to work in the lounge. In less than 15 minutes, I was calling Bell Services to bring my bags up. My room was already ready! Beautiful water view overlooking SAB and right at the Boardwalk. A small box of Belgian chocolates was waiting upon my arrival.
20230207_113010.jpg
20230207_113217.jpg
Got settled and then headed to the lounge. Tried out a few tables inside before finally relocating to a table outside on the balcony to do some work. Of course, I took some breaks to read a few pages in the new book I purchased at the airport before leaving home and munch on afternoon snacks. Available choices: Miss Vickie's potato chips, Stacy's pita chips, chocolate chip and sugar cookies, Cheez-its, Animal crackers, Goldfish crackers, trail mix, pastries carried over from breakfast, crudites-cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli and asparagus with garlic peppercorn dressing for dipping, bananas, oranges, apples, lemonade and iced tea, plus coffees and teas.20230207_121405.jpg

Attachments

• 20230207_121457.jpg
    20230207_121457.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230207_121504.jpg
    20230207_121504.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230207_121509.jpg
    20230207_121509.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230207_121517.jpg
    20230207_121517.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230207_121527.jpg
    20230207_121527.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 47
After breakfast, I checked out of last night's room, left bags at Bell Services, then headed upstairs to work in the lounge. In less than 15 minutes, I was calling Bell Services to bring my bags up. My room was already ready! Beautiful water view overlooking SAB and right at the Boardwalk. A small box of Belgian chocolates was waiting upon my arrival.
View attachment 738242
View attachment 738241
Got settled and then headed to the lounge. Tried out a few tables inside before finally relocating to a table outside on the balcony to do some work. Of course, I took some breaks to read a few pages in the new book I purchased at the airport before leaving home and munch on afternoon snacks. Available choices: Miss Vickie's potato chips, Stacy's pita chips, chocolate chip and sugar cookies, Cheez-its, Animal crackers, Goldfish crackers, trail mix, pastries carried over from breakfast, crudites-cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli and asparagus with garlic peppercorn dressing for dipping, bananas, oranges, apples, lemonade and iced tea, plus coffees and teas.View attachment 738243
Took a few online meetings in my room and returned to the lounge just in time for evening appetizers-assorted cheeses, cold roast beast, cornichons, chicken tacos (wasn't really sure if I should take them with or without the stand??), crudites-this time, thin asparagus, cauliflower, celery, carrots and cucumbers, served with a roasted shallot aioli, oven baked glazed salmon over thin layer of veggie lentil stew, quinoa salad, marinated olives, apples with caramel sauce, mini hotdogs with fixin's, red pepper hummus, classic hummus, Parker house rolls, herb focaccia, sourdough baguette, and tomato mozzarella salad with basil and drizzle of balsamic vinegar, along with same drinks for mid-day snack time. Mickey ice cream sandwich bars were available all day long; however, they were mostly gone by the time I left evening appetizers.

Attachments

• 20230207_183250.jpg
    20230207_183250.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230207_183300.jpg
    20230207_183300.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230207_183305.jpg
    20230207_183305.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230207_183315.jpg
    20230207_183315.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230207_183337.jpg
    20230207_183337.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230207_183345.jpg
    20230207_183345.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230207_183510.jpg
    20230207_183510.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Took a few online meetings in my room and returned to the lounge just in time for evening appetizers-assorted cheeses, cold roast beast, cornichons, chicken tacos (wasn't really sure if I should take them with or without the stand??), crudites-this time, thin asparagus, cauliflower, celery, carrots and cucumbers, served with a roasted shallot aioli, oven baked glazed salmon over thin layer of veggie lentil stew, quinoa salad, marinated olives, apples with caramel sauce, mini hotdogs with fixin's, red pepper hummus, classic hummus, Parker house rolls, herb focaccia, sourdough baguette, and tomato mozzarella salad with basil and drizzle of balsamic vinegar, along with same drinks for mid-day snack time. Mickey sandwich bars were available all day long; however, they were mostly gone by the time I left evening appetizers.
Did a bit more work in my room before going to the lounge for desserts. Looked in the freezer and waaaaaay in a back corner, spied a lone Mickey ice cream sandwich. Thankful for my good fortune, I grabbed it and perused the other offerings: chocolate profiterol, red velvet cupcakes (with a seemingly mismatched neon blue frosting?), raspberry cheesecake, lemon and coffee macarons, vegan brownies, mixed berries and apple slices, Bailey's, Frangelico, Grand Marnier, Kahlua and all the drinks available for snacks and appetizers, including a tea I've really grown a fondness for-Twinings summer berry green tea. Opted for profiterol and raspberry cheesecake, in addition to my Mickey ice cream sandwich. Headed for a table outside. Put my things down, looked up and saw...fireworks from the Magic Kingdom in the distance! Such a sweet surprise.

By the time I got back to my room, EPCOT fireworks were just starting. One more cup of green tea on my balcony while I enjoyed the show.

Attachments

• 20230207_201500.jpg
    20230207_201500.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230207_201510.jpg
    20230207_201510.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230207_201526.jpg
    20230207_201526.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230207_201532.jpg
    20230207_201532.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230207_201548.jpg
    20230207_201548.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230207_202652.jpg
    20230207_202652.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230207_202800.jpg
    20230207_202800.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230207_211204.jpg
    20230207_211204.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 35
Wow, great reporting—and SO many wonderful photos. Thank you 😊

Your view/room looks really beautiful. Enjoy your trip!!!

It’s cute I think. It surprises me that they kept the carpets and they did not put all wood floors.
It is a LOT faster and less expensive to just replace the carpet. Switching to the faux wood would probably fall under a hard goods refurb.

If all the villas now have Keurig Duos, I really don't care what else they've done, I'll be a happy camper
I'll be testing that out for sure!

It looks (I think?) like they've also put back the clothes line in the bath/shower, one of the more bizarre omissions from the last refurb. Strange how such a little thing was so annoying!

Does anyone have info about cabana rental times now that they only rent by the full day? We're spending a day at SAB after our Disney cruise. I'd like to get a cabana, but I don't know how the timing from the port to the pool will work. Will they hold the cabana if we arrive late?

Did a bit more work in my room before going to the lounge for desserts. Looked in the freezer and waaaaaay in a back corner, spied a lone Mickey ice cream sandwich. Thankful for my good fortune, I grabbed it and perused the other offerings: chocolate profiterol, red velvet cupcakes (with a seemingly mismatched neon blue frosting?), raspberry cheesecake, lemon and coffee macarons, vegan brownies, mixed berries and apple slices, Bailey's, Frangelico, Grand Marnier, Kahlua and all the drinks available for snacks and appetizers, including a tea I've really grown a fondness for-Twinings summer berry green tea. Opted for profiterol and raspberry cheesecake, in addition to my Mickey ice cream sandwich. Headed for a table outside. Put my things down, looked up and saw...fireworks from the Magic Kingdom in the distance! Such a sweet surprise.

By the time I got back to my room, EPCOT fireworks were just starting. One more cup of green tea on my balcony while I enjoyed the show.
Would you mind sharing which room this was?

They may not want to give their room number while still there. But from my many stays @ YC CL, it looks like somewhere in the 5219 - 5227 area.
Thank you!.
I'd thought of that, but apparently I don't know what day today is and I was thinking they'd likely have checked out by now.

Does anyone have info about cabana rental times now that they only rent by the full day? We're spending a day at SAB after our Disney cruise. I'd like to get a cabana, but I don't know how the timing from the port to the pool will work. Will they hold the cabana if we arrive late?
I haven’t been yet, but I have reserved a cabana at SAB and was told that the “full day” rental will be 10a-7p, although actual pool hours will be longer. You pay for the cabana in advance and it’ll be yours. That is, it won’t be “given away” if you show up later in the day.

I'm a little late to the Mousekeeping tipping debate but I'll tell you what I do when I stay in any hotel... 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

I decorate an envelope with Disney characters that I copy/paste on it. I also put a message on the envelope in English and Spanish saying that this tip is for the housekeeper and thank you for the service.
It can be a bit of a challenge to setup my printer (Named "El Diablo") to print envelopes, but when I have everything working properly I print up a batch of them. I also find it easier to to get the proper tipping change when I'm at home.

If you have kids you can get them to draw and decorate the Mousekeeping envelope. Housekeepers LOVE seeing these special tip envelopes.

Now get busy and have some fun with those envelopes. Fill them with your tip money amounts. Then don't forget to take them on your trips.

"Housekeeper, Thank you for a job well done. Please accept this tip.
Ama de llaves, gracias por un trabajo bien hecho. Por favor acepta este consejo. "

~Ninja Mom

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi, again, BC/YC lovers! It's me again.

I think I have changed my Spring trip reservations about a dozen times now, and right now have settled again on the Beach Club - WV room, (although BWV 1-BR is still pulling at me)! Dates are 4-17 - 4-24-23. First SOLO trip, so it will be different than any other Disney trip I've done over the years!

It's been several years now since I stayed at BC, and when I did, I was not on "wheels" so didn't pay much attentions to handicapped entrances, etc.

I'm leaning towards requesting a ground floor room to avoid dealing with elevators, but don't remember if any of the "secret" entrances closer to EPCOT are ground level with HC push buttons, or if I would have to come back to the lobby to get out the back entrance.

Would much appreciate suggestions for location of room... I really enjoy watching people/boats from the patio, but realize that almost all the ground level ones are on the SW side of the building, and it might be just a bit too warm for sitting out there during the day. Might feel nice in early morning with a cup of coffee though. No real interest in being close to pool(s). And if the lake-facing ground floor rooms are loud with lots of people walking by too close to the patios, I may be more likely to take my chances with the elevators!

Thanks for any insights and tips... Eventually, I'll run out of days to actually take this trip and will have to stop changing it!!

Hi, again, BC/YC lovers! It's me again.

I think I have changed my Spring trip reservations about a dozen times now, and right now have settled again on the Beach Club - WV room, (although BWV 1-BR is still pulling at me)! Dates are 4-17 - 4-24-23. First SOLO trip, so it will be different than any other Disney trip I've done over the years!

It's been several years now since I stayed at BC, and when I did, I was not on "wheels" so didn't pay much attentions to handicapped entrances, etc.

I'm leaning towards requesting a ground floor room to avoid dealing with elevators, but don't remember if any of the "secret" entrances closer to EPCOT are ground level with HC push buttons, or if I would have to come back to the lobby to get out the back entrance.

Would much appreciate suggestions for location of room... I really enjoy watching people/boats from the patio, but realize that almost all the ground level ones are on the SW side of the building, and it might be just a bit too warm for sitting out there during the day. Might feel nice in early morning with a cup of coffee though. No real interest in being close to pool(s). And if the lake-facing ground floor rooms are loud with lots of people walking by too close to the patios, I may be more likely to take my chances with the elevators!

Thanks for any insights and tips... Eventually, I'll run out of days to actually take this trip and will have to stop changing it!!

This post has info and photos about the Beach Club secret entrance:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451148

I'm not sure how people feel about the ground floor BC patios. I stay at BCV, and to get to Epcot from BCV you walk right by people's patios. I mean so close by, I thought I had made a mistake the first time I went that way. It almost seemed like it would be weird to be sitting on one of those patios when people walked so close by. Also, there's a very wilderness-y little area across from those patios. There could be critters deciding to visit your patio.

I love the 1 bedrooms at both BCV and BWV, but they're pretty expensive if you're going to pay rack rate.

The secret entrances, aka fire exits, don't have the HC push buttons. They are a little tricky to enter since they are locked and you need to use your MB to unlock the door.

There aren't very many ground floor water view rooms since the lobby, restaurants, stores, etc, take up much of the ground floor space. Rooms near the volleyball court might be the quietest location for the water view rooms.

We’ll be at YC the end of the month. What are the hair dryers like there if any one remembers? Trying to decide if I need to bring my own or if I can just bring the diffuser attachment. Or is it humid enough this time of year that it doesn’t matter and I’ll look like Hagrid in a hour no matter what? #curlyhairproblems

We’ll be at YC the end of the month. What are the hair dryers like there if any one remembers? Trying to decide if I need to bring my own or if I can just bring the diffuser attachment. Or is it humid enough this time of year that it doesn’t matter and I’ll look like Hagrid in a hour no matter what? #curlyhairproblems
It isn't super humid in Florida in February. We just got back on Thursday and it was sunny skies most of the time.

The hair dryers are good, but if you need a diffuser you may want to bring your own. :)

I don’t remember the exact model, but it is a regular full sized dryer, not a little travel thing. If not this exact dryer, it is very similar.

CD76B5C3-EF46-4DF2-8EDD-C6080E1F522E.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter