Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying in Yacht Club CL next week and our only strong preference is for a full balcony, is it still true that pretty much all of these rooms have full balconies or should I try to add the request to our reservation?

Staying in Yacht Club CL next week and our only strong preference is for a full balcony, is it still true that pretty much all of these rooms have full balconies or should I try to add the request to our reservation?
You have an excellent chance of getting a full balcony since there is only one CL room that doesn't have one. :)

I’m so happy to be back on this thread- I last stayed at Beach Club in 2017! Which would you choose- full balcony, elevator, or king bed?

Full balcony every time, but we like to have a place to enjoy the weather while getting out of the hustle and bustle of the crowds a bit.

i'm a balcony or patio person also.... love to sit with coffee in the am and wine in the evening and watch people/boats/fireworks depending on the view.

I’m so happy to be back on this thread- I last stayed at Beach Club in 2017! Which would you choose- full balcony, elevator, or king bed?
Full Balcony all the time. Ideally, full balcony with king bed. I get them at the YC all the time, at the beach club it’s mostly king beds, harder in my opinion to get full balconies. Good luck.

It isn't super humid in Florida in February. We just got back on Thursday and it was sunny skies most of the time.

The hair dryers are good, but if you need a diffuser you may want to bring your own. :)
If you forgot your diffuser you can just ask your significant roommate to hold the blow dryer from a distance while you run back and forth across the breeze like Celine Dion at one of her concerts :scared1: (Your hairbrush can double as your mic).

My husband said he was quitting as my hairdresser and would never work at my salon again. :sad2:

~NM

Really depends on the time of year of your visit. A balcony in August is not always fun.

Dave
Lol, we were there in August and I spent tons of time on the balcony!

One particularly fond memory was watching some people in a nearby room trying to retrieve a piece of clothing that had fallen onto the roof below (swim trunks left out to dry, I think). IIRC, they tied a hanger to something and did get the item. Most entertaining part of my week!

First is it 7 am ET for cabana rental to call?
Also, has anyone rented a cabana for the day . Then for a few hours walked over to Epcot then come back to the cabana?
If you have it from 10am to 7 pm .

Last edited:
Also, has anyone rented a cabana for the day . Then for a few hours walked over to Epcot then come back to the cabana?
I’m curious about this too. We’ve already rented a cabana and we were told it’ll be available to us regardless of when we get there. We are considering walking away for lunch and then coming back. I’m sure it’ll be no problem to alert the CMs that we will be back.

Yup, 7am ET to book, and yup we've headed over to Epcot for lunch during our Cabana days. It's no problem, once you have it booked, it is yours for the entire day (well 10-7 at least). One time we were there the people at the cabana next to us didn't even show up until about 3 in the afternoon!

I will say though if you plan to leave for a bit closer to the end of the day you may want to just let the CM know you plan to be back, we've noticed when other people have been gone from their cabanas for a while around 6pm the CMs will start cleaning up and breaking that cabana down for the day.

Yup, 7am ET to book, and yup we've headed over to Epcot for lunch during our Cabana days. It's no problem, once you have it booked, it is yours for the entire day (well 10-7 at least). One time we were there the people at the cabana next to us didn't even show up until about 3 in the afternoon!

I will say though if you plan to leave for a bit closer to the end of the day you may want to just let the CM know you plan to be back, we've noticed when other people have been gone from their cabanas for a while around 6pm the CMs will start cleaning up and breaking that cabana down for the day.
Perfect! Thank you. Is there an AP discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter