Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Keep your eyes and ears open. We were at the YC CL last year the exact same time period and I was able to amend my original reservation to include a Disney Plus discount of 35 percent. You never know.

We got lucky and booked it with a bounceback offer from our April trip! Particularly exciting because we tried so hard to find availability at the BC during our April trip with the spring discount and despite checking daily for months - nothing! We tried the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and it was lovely, but there is nothing like Crescent Lake.

In the past, I have requested the exact room I wanted and received it 2 out of last 3 times we have been to Disney. The last trip in November I received a room 2 doors down. My request was a WV room. If you know the room number let us know and a poster may know the room classification. It’s great when we have a room area we love.
What method did you use to make your room requests?

What method did you use to make your room requests?
Since I had club level, I asked signature services for room 5227, king or any room from 5217 down to 5231. I also made the same request on MDE app chat. They always tell you they can’t guarantee request but so far it’s worked for me. The time I did not get my room request, I got a room next to the lounge and elevators. Didn’t sleep that night. I asked the CL manager to move us in the early morning based upon what we were experiencing, she moved us the next day to my original room request. Now I know I was lucky but we were booked for 11 days so 9 of them were in the that we requested and she had that request in the queue she was looking at and that the guest that had that room were leaving. So it does pay to request what you want. And Disney does have a record of it. In 12 or so trips over the years I have been very lucky. And the older we get it’s getting more important to get the room or the area of rooms we would like. We do like to get beers or wine with apps from the CL lounge and sit on the balcony.

We have moved our 2025 trip to the last week of October so we can use SAB (we had originally booked for May). I'm a little nervous about crowds over Halloween since we will be there the 26-Nov. 1, but I am hoping it will be worth the tradeoff! We thought about changing resorts and keeping the May dates, but our last BC stay was in 2018 and we have stayed at a few others since then because of discount availability... there is really nothing that compares! We have missed it every time.
The last week of October is our favorite time to go to WDW because the weather is usually very good. We haven't experienced huge crowds, either. Most fall breaks are earlier in the month. And a lot of families want to be home for Halloween. :)

The last week of October is our favorite time to go to WDW because the weather is usually very good. We haven't experienced huge crowds, either. Most fall breaks are earlier in the month. And a lot of families want to be home for Halloween. :)

This is so helpful to know! When I was talking with the kids to see if they would be disappointed to miss trick or treating (if it meant being in Disney!), their response was... there are treats and costumes at Disney!! 😂

Well hello you wonderful people. It’s been such a long time since I’ve posted in here. After our tip was cancelled in 2020 due to COVID it’s taken us a very long time to feel the Disney magic vibe. But, finally we are getting back in the groove. It may be a while in the future but we will coming back to our much loved Yacht Club (and the place where we said “I do”) in September 2025. 483 days and counting.

Please add us to the list as we’re heading back to Yacht this summer! July 20-27, taking advantage of the 30% off discount to celebrate both girls’ birthdays AND our anniversary (we haven’t done a summer Disney trip since our honeymoon! 🥵). We prefer to go in early December but our girls will be in middle school and high school (which does a block schedule) next school year, so we can’t take them out for a week anymore. If we’re stuck going during school vacations, we figured we’d at least go when we can get a discount and not everyone is forced to go during the exact.same.time. And, unlike our honeymoon, we’ll actually be as prepared as we can be for the heat (fans, cooling towels, liquid iv, etc.). Here’s to hoping we don’t melt! 😂
just wanted to encourage you. We always went in late august (our schools up north start later) but the heat is just the same. We always survived!! We never stayed in the parks after lunch. It was either naps (when they were young) or pool time back at the resort, and then head to a park for the evening/dinner/etc sometime around 4:30. It was a great break, and since we always RD we never had issues doing what we wanted to do (which was everything...). So don't be afraid of the heat, just be smart and maybe consider that break back at the pool!

John

We have moved our 2025 trip to the last week of October so we can use SAB (we had originally booked for May). I'm a little nervous about crowds over Halloween since we will be there the 26-Nov. 1, but I am hoping it will be worth the tradeoff! We thought about changing resorts and keeping the May dates, but our last BC stay was in 2018 and we have stayed at a few others since then because of discount availability... there is really nothing that compares! We have missed it every time.

I was at BoardWalk last year from 10/28 to 11/02. I loved it. I went to the Magic Kingdom for awhile on 10/31 and got to see lots of guests in costume. Some of the costumes were really clever. Then I went back to the resort to check out the evening activities at BoardWalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club. I posted in this thread about it:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-out-for-halloween-day.3945393/#post-65477547

Here now leaving tomorrow, celebrating my big birthday with daughter and best friend. Upon arriving they upgraded us to water view and the location is far from lobby but if you walk outside it's shorter. We have had the best weather although hotter then I remember from past May trips. Did rope drop for the pool 2 days in a row, I highly recommend. Also recommend the After Hours at Epcot so much fun!!!!

Attachments

• tempImagetWngus.png
    tempImagetWngus.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 31
  • tempImagexMGenY.png
    tempImagexMGenY.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Epcot after hours 1.JPG
    Epcot after hours 1.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Epcot after hours 2.JPG
    Epcot after hours 2.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 34
just wanted to encourage you. We always went in late august (our schools up north start later) but the heat is just the same. We always survived!! We never stayed in the parks after lunch. It was either naps (when they were young) or pool time back at the resort, and then head to a park for the evening/dinner/etc sometime around 4:30. It was a great break, and since we always RD we never had issues doing what we wanted to do (which was everything...). So don't be afraid of the heat, just be smart and maybe consider that break back at the pool!

John
That’s our plan- rope drop, stay until lunch time, head back to the resort for pool/relax/shower again/etc., then head back to a park late afternoon.

We just got back from the Beach Club. We have stayed at the beach club more times than I can remember but this trip will be our last for a bit. Our room was super dirty upon arrival, the dust was piled up so high. I asked to change rooms and unfortunately no rooms were available so we were stuck there. I have to come back and post pictures but mold in the shower, shower head, literally urine caked in on the toilet lid brackets, dust on the walls, the ac broke, went thru 2 steamers both that were brought to our room were broken, closet door broke, the phone didnt work.House keeping missed cleaning our room 4 of the 8 days we were there we had to call each time we were at dinner for them to come clean the room. For deluxe prices this was a value resort at best. Even the hallways carpet etc are just so beat up. If you are going to charge 600 to 800 a night it should not be what we experienced. Its a nice perk the pool and getting to epcot but the beach club will be a big no for us for a long time. I will say if you want a clean room ask the room I just checked out of I literally had to disinfect/dust the entire thing myself and we had to fix all of the above so it will be in working order for the next guest lol

Last edited:
Wow, that sounds bad. Stayed at Yacht Club last month and I had housekeeping every day. Didn’t really need it since it was just me. Also had towel animals every day. Obviously, very inconsistent housekeeping and state of the room. Sorry this happened to you. You paid top dollar and that is not acceptable.

Here now leaving tomorrow, celebrating my big birthday with daughter and best friend. Upon arriving they upgraded us to water view and the location is far from lobby but if you walk outside it's shorter. We have had the best weather although hotter then I remember from past May trips. Did rope drop for the pool 2 days in a row, I highly recommend. Also recommend the After Hours at Epcot so much fun!

That’s our plan- rope drop, stay until lunch time, head back to the resort for pool/relax/shower again/etc., then head back to a park late afternoon.
I don't believe they had the umbrellas at some lounge chairs when we were there in 2022 but they do now and some also have a small side table next to them. FYI If you arrive at pool rope drop you will see some lounge chairs that have a towel rolled up on it which makes you think they are taken, they are not. I believe the staff just does it for aesthetics, someone told us that.

We just got back from the Beach Club. We have stayed at the beach club more times than I can remember but this trip will be our last for a bit. Our room was super dirty upon arrival, the dust was piled up so high. I asked to change rooms and unfortunately no rooms were available so we were stuck there. I have to come back and post pictures but mold in the shower, shower head, literally urine caked in on the toilet lid brackets, dust on the walls, the ac broke, went thru 2 steamers both that were brought to our room were broken, closet door broke, the phone didnt work.House keeping missed cleaning our room 4 of the 8 days we were there we had to call each time we were at dinner for them to come clean the room. For deluxe prices this was a value resort at best. Even the hallways carpet etc are just so beat up. If you are going to charge 600 to 800 a night it should not be what we experienced. Its a nice perk the pool and getting to epcot but the beach club will be a big no for us for a long time. I will say if you want a clean room ask for room 2602 I literally had to disinfect/dust the entire thing myself and we had to fix all of the above so it will be in working order for the next guest lol
I am so sorry that you and your family had to go through this. It was totally unacceptable and Disney should compensate you. They won’t but should. We pay a lot of money and enjoy the magic. I have come across some issues in my many stays from broken AC, TV’s, mold, shower doors etc…. Most of our issues were taken care of by maintenance, I fixed the shower door myself. I complain about the door in 2021 and I had the same room in 2022 and it still was not fixed so a did it myself. Over the years especially after Covid, I have found quality has taken a decline not just with the rooms but also with the food. Mousekeeping has been okay but other areas starting with upkeep in the resorts not so much. The parks especially the rides to me anyway have broken down more often in the last few years than in years in the distant past. But Disney has this magic spell on us, especially me, and they know we will continue to come. But like you I am taken this year off after three disappointing years in a row. Last year 2023 was so bad from getting ill from the CL food to closed rides at the Mickey Halloween Party. I am hoping for positive changes especially at my favorite resort YC/BC. With the renovations at SAB, YC CL lounge and some room renovations maybe 2025 will be better. CL prices have skyrocketed maybe more discounts will happen.

Our room was super dirty upon arrival, the dust was piled up so high. I asked to change rooms and unfortunately no rooms were available so we were stuck there.
Did you clean the entire room that night? I would normally agree with you but not with the number of issues you reported.

I am somewhat confused by some of your comments. The rooms were just redone last fall and floors 2 and 1 were the last finished. The hallway carpets were replaced during the same time frame. How much dust could have accumulated in 8 months on the walls and be piled high? Please stop back and post your pictures.

I literally had to disinfect/dust the entire thing myself and we had to fix all of the above so it will be in working order for the next guest lol
Did you stop by the Front desk the next morning and ask to speak to the "on duty" manager to get any of these cleanliness issues noted as important Guest feedback. Or show them your initial pictures or a followup visit to discuss the failure of housekeeping to clean your room. We have had room cleaning issues at check-in but by day 2 all were addressed and the housekeeping manager gave us their number if there were any further issues.

Management can't address issues if you don't report them timely. Unfortunately housekeeping and maintenance are caught in the middle trying to turn rooms as the next guests don't want to wait longer to get their rooms. I am not trying to make excuses but in the past we let lot's of stuff slide or just cleaned the room as you did. Now we report it immediately yes there is a manager available in the evening.

Dave

Here are a couple of pics sorry they r so gross esp the embedded urine stains on the toilet here you go Dave. for what we paid it shouldn't be like this in the first place...period
I agree it should not have happened but it did. The park bathrooms look better than this situation. Clearly a housekeeping issue that needs to be addressed. It can only be address if reported. Where was the dust from?

Did you show these pictures to anyone at BC? I would have taken the pictures to document the facts and then walked to the Front desk to speak to the "on duty" manager.

Dave

I agree it should not have happened but it did. The park bathrooms look better than this situation. Clearly a housekeeping issue that needs to be addressed. It can only be address if reported. Where was the dust from?

Did you show these pictures to anyone at BC? I would have taken the pictures to document the facts and then walked to the Front desk to speak to the "on duty" manager.

Dave
The dust was everywhere in the room the picture of my fingers of the dust was the first picture I showed a cast member when I wanted to change rooms and his response was they could not since they were completely booked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter