• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do you remember ?

You know Bob, it's that thread about HEY LOOK ! I found a quarter ! I had oatmeal for breakfast.
Anyone seen my car keys ?

:snooty: Uncool-----PF KEDS sneakers

:woohoo: Cool------Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers.

Mystery of life questions. What did PF mean ????? Who was Chuck Taylor ????

I played a lot of B-Ball and did not wear PF Keds. That was a no-no. Worst was wearing black socks with sneeks. Also, even though I am really old, I never played with or against Chuck Taylor, but I always wore white socks with my Chuck Taylor Converse Sneeks.

john

:laughing:

Plutospup: Tube socks ???????

I wear them now. Does that make me like a black sock wearer of days gone bye ???????

When I played HS/COLL I don't think tubes were on the drawing board yet.

Don't get me wrong. I am not of the era of a b-ball with laces, like a football. Close, but a little before me. I do remember shooting one up.

I remember saying 'how can you dribble this thing'. In my case, I could jump to the moon, but ball handling was for the other guy. Soooooo for me, laces would have not added or subtracted from that skill.
john

I remember Butch Wax.

Butch Wax... I have two older brothers who used Butch Wax. I thought if it made the front of their hair stand up, it might do the same for mine... except I had bangs down to my eye brows. I was so wrong! I must have been in first grade and my mother made me go to school with all that goop in my hair. It was not a pretty site.

:thumbsup2

Do you remember: Hoot Gibson, Ken Maynard and Bob Steele. Plus there were others every Saturday afternoon.

Bob Steele was the only good guy I can remember that dressed in Black. Just a little guy, but the best nose puncher at the matinees.

john

Butch Wax... I have two older brothers who used Butch Wax. I thought if it made the front of their hair stand up, it might do the same for mine... except I had bangs down to my eye brows. I was so wrong! I must have been in first grade and my mother made me go to school with all that goop in my hair. It was not a pretty site.

This is probably just a Florida/California thing, but Butch Wax also reminds me of Sex Wax as well. My mother would always take it from me and scream at me for buying it and tell me I had no business with it....except it was for my surfboard.:rotfl2: (it was the brand name of the wax we used to put on the boards to keep us from falling off while surfing)

This is probably just a Florida/California thing, but Butch Wax also reminds me of Sex Wax as well. My mother would always take it from me and scream at me for buying it and tell me I had no business with it....except it was for my surfboard.:rotfl2: (it was the brand name of the wax we used to put on the boards to keep us from falling off while surfing)

uh huh :rolleyes:

Honest!:littleangel:

1474743.jpg

Reminds me of George Clooney who loved his pomade in Oh Brother Where Art Thou. "I don't want no Sex Wax! I'm a Dapper Dan Man! Its hard findin a decent hair jelly these days. I like the smell of my hair, the pleasin' odor's half the point. ..... We need a shot in the arm when we cleaned up and get a little smellum in our hair!"

Reminds me of George Clooney who loved his pomade in Oh Brother Where Art Thou. "I don't want no Sex Wax! I'm a Dapper Dan Man! Its hard findin a decent hair jelly these days. I like the smell of my hair, the pleasin' odor's half the point. ..... We need a shot in the arm when we cleaned up and get a little smellum in our hair!"

:lmao:I reck'n youz likes that movie.:lmao:
One of my all times favorites, :thumbsup2
I listen to parts of the sound track often.

:confused::confused::confused:

SEX WAX ?????????

I have been around sooooooooo long, "I have probably forgot, more than most people will ever learn".

Are you kiddin'. SEX WAX on a surfboard to keep from falling off in California, Florida and Montana.

I guess you just learn something new, everyday of your life.

john--I just have to join HONEST, UH HUH, ARE YOU KIDDIN'

:confused::confused::confused:

SEX WAX ?????????

I have been around sooooooooo long, "I have probably forgot, more than most people will ever learn".

Are you kiddin'. SEX WAX on a surfboard to keep from falling off in California, Florida and Montana.

I guess you just learn something new, everyday of your life.

john--I just have to join HONEST, UH HUH, ARE YOU KIDDIN'

I have never surfed in Montana...must be something new...:confused3

http://www.sexwax.com/

:littleangel::angel::littleangel::angel:

Frank: PA surfing also sucks. Think Montana might be better ???

I tried using a 4 ft, 2 X 6 down in the pond (I told you about) behind our house.

I had an old tin of KIWI shoe polish (brown) used a magic marker. 'SEX WAX' and put it on my board. C'mon wind & waves ! ! !

No luck AuburnJen---kept falling off, but all was not lost. Had my snorkel mask on. Boy is that pond loaded with Largemouths.

Also in trouble with DW----Shirley thought I was spear fishing in the pond.
john

John didn't have a big enough one of them wind mo-chines. Can't make 'nuff waves if y'all don't have 'nuff wind and all....;)

:littleangel::angel::littleangel::angel:
Frank: PA surfing also sucks.

Now John, I have to disagree with your thoughts on Pennsylvania surfing. Try taking strips of cardboard (refrigerator boxes), and try sliding down the PA coal banks! It's a cross between surfing and skiing. The real challenge was standing on the cardboard, sliding down the culm bank, and then continuing right into an adjacent minewater lake. Rumor has it, if Jimmy Hoffa isn't underneath Giant's stadium, he might be in one of our deepwater mine lakes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter