Dorothy and Blanche:A tale of left over shoes and lost items! DONE 7/14 just in time!

I will post a little update each day about my shopping/eating... just for fun. I'm not good with food reviews, but I will share what I got and how much it cost if I have the receipt. Just in case it helps. And sometimes it's fun to know what someone else bought in Disney. I know I like to hear about other people's purchases. This way I do a separate update and people can skip it if they'd like.

Food:
9:41 am (10:41 my time and I'd been up a long time by then)
Wendy's at JFK
Side Caesar salad
Small frosty
$5.58

4:03pm Landscape of Flavors at AoA
Cheese pizza
Glass of water
$7.24

7:17 pm Kabouki Cafe (Japan in Epcot)
Strawberry Kaki Gori (MY FAVORITE! and I do not even normally like snow cones)
$4.00

Shopping: NONE!

Blanche had decided she was still not feeling up to travelling, so she wasn’t arriving on this day. I decided to pack everything up, call luggage services to have my bags transferred to Pop, and then head down to breakfast. But first, I had to take a ton of pictures of the room for Blanche! Well, okay, for me too!

Don't mind the person making a funny face taking a picture of the mirror... just look at the mirror!

Mickey lost an ear! This is on the curtains.

Bubbles that look like hidden Mickeys on the sheets.

Don't mind me again... LOL

Mickey in the shower.

Continuing in the room:

*I found the pictures too small, so I'm trying a bigger size. If they are too big let me know!

So after calling for someone to take my big bag to Pop Century for me, I took my camera bag and went off for breakfast!

I guess it might have been a little humid out, eh?

Menus for those of you interested:

I really loved the pictures in the Lion King area!

Cute waffles. I love Disney waffles.

I got a water and the waffles for breakfast. I guess I got the water so I could take it with me if I didn't finish it all.

Heading out to the bus after breakfast, and I'm still taking pictures of AoA.

Off to MK on a weird yellow bus! Yes, that was my thought. Oh my, what a weird yellow bus.

I love the pictures on the buses. My absolute favorite is the one that says "It's a rope, not a ride." I didn't see it on this trip I don't think.

So after about the 5 minute wait for the bus, and snapping a total of one picture of the inside of the bus, here I am:

Lots of construction around. I think a lot of it was for the magic bands. I didn't have a magic band. Yet. I was getting one later in the day when I checked in at Pop.

I don't understand why the CMs have to wear white. I guess Disney magic keeps their uniforms sparkling clean!

Everyone looks so nice and warm! With the weather we've been having lately, I am wanting to be back there now. I have two students in Florida right now, and I am just a tad wee bit jealous! Hee hee hee

Looks like Snow found a new prince!

And now you will see the beginning of my castle pictures!

Actually that's all I'll share, but there are more on my flickr account. Just click on the castle picture and browse through the others. They are quite similar, just edited a little differently.

I love Disney artwork!

I'm not so keen on this though:

Especially after I only discovered the cinnamon rolls on my last trip!

I was heading up Main Street when I was ushered to the sidewalk, because something was heading towards me!

I find these people make such fun faces!

Look who I found!

I decided to take the time to watch the little song and dance. I'd never actually watched it before!

Disney takes care of everything!

My castle again!

Following along :surfweb:
Love your Mainstreet and castle pictures. :thumbsup2
Can't wait to read on......

I was heading up Main Street when I was ushered to the sidewalk, because something was heading towards me!

I find these people make such fun faces!

Look who I found!

I decided to take the time to watch the little song and dance. I'd never actually watched it before!

Disney takes care of everything!

My castle again!

What were they singing? The one lady looks like she has such a distainful look on her face that I HOPE it has something to do with the lyrics!

What were they singing? The one lady looks like she has such a distainful look on her face that I HOPE it has something to do with the lyrics!

:rotfl: I keep thinking the same thing! She kept making a similar face every time I saw her through the trip. Nothing to do with the song, just her expressions I guess! I took pictures again another time, so when I get to them, you'll see her lovely expressions again. :rotfl2:

There are more pictures on my flickr account if you want to see more!

I'm loving your photos!!! I can't wait to see more!

Thank you! And since I'm home again due to weather (someone please tell Spring to come home! I think it went south for the winter and refuses to come home!) I have another update in the works just now.

Just found your report and I am now following along. :) I love your pictures of AoA! I wanted to stay there this time (we were there last week) but because we have 3 adults and 2 kids, we'd have to do the family suites and just couldn't afford it this time. Someday I want to try it out! :)

I feel so bad for your friend! I hope she gets well and makes it to join you!

So, after watching the trolley show for the very first time, I kept walking up Main Street. (Now that I’m looking at my pictures, I hope that I watch it next time straight on… it will make for different shots.) I snapped a ton of pictures of the Castle, as usual. Some will be shared here, others will be left on my flickr account for you to peruse at your leisure.

What do you think?

Or black and white fun.

The windows mean so much more to me ever since I had the opportunity to meet and dine with Bob Gurr (see my DL Club 33 trip report for details... yes, shameless plug!)

It was such a beautiful morning! (As I sit here inside and the RCMP are advising motorists to stay off the roads!!! This is not normal Spring like weather... We've had a really harsh winter/spring this year!)

A picture of me taken by the photopass photographer. For some reason you can't share your pictures if they are marked private... weird, that is new.

For comparison, here is the link to the picture the photographer took with her own camera.

The peoplemover!

Maybe I should get a metal palm tree since real ones probably won't even survive INSIDE here.

Just found your report and I am now following along. :) I love your pictures of AoA! I wanted to stay there this time (we were there last week) but because we have 3 adults and 2 kids, we'd have to do the family suites and just couldn't afford it this time. Someday I want to try it out! :)

I feel so bad for your friend! I hope she gets well and makes it to join you!

Welcome! The suites are terribly expensive, I know! I looked into them for our next trip, when I take my sister, her hubby and my 14 year old niece! :hyper: We ended up choosing All Star Sports (my niece had asked me to save that for her, since I'd never stayed there before) and Port Orleans Riverside. I love POR, so I don't mind going back, but it would have been nice to find another mod that I haven't stayed at. Where did you stay last week? Are you doing a TR? But back to AoA, it is beautiful! I loved staying there. I will go back, hopefully sometime when the Little Mermaid rooms are discounted. I didn't swim in the pool and that's something I have to do! Until I go back to stay, I will just go back and take pictures!

Welcome! The suites are terribly expensive, I know! I looked into them for our next trip, when I take my sister, her hubby and my 14 year old niece! :hyper: We ended up choosing All Star Sports (my niece had asked me to save that for her, since I'd never stayed there before) and Port Orleans Riverside. I love POR, so I don't mind going back, but it would have been nice to find another mod that I haven't stayed at. Where did you stay last week? Are you doing a TR? But back to AoA, it is beautiful! I loved staying there. I will go back, hopefully sometime when the Little Mermaid rooms are discounted. I didn't swim in the pool and that's something I have to do! Until I go back to stay, I will just go back and take pictures!

I was at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it, but I know my nephews would have loved the Cars suite at AoA. I wanted to make it over there to take pictures, esp of the nephews with the Cars, but never made it. Hopefully one day. :) I am debating a trip report. I might do one once I get caught up on my sleep...haha. :)

Wow the pics are getting better! I am in love with the one with "Tomorrowland" and the sky!

I used to lug my canon around, but I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder, and that has put a damper on my photography. Hoping I can carry it in September.

I was at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it, but I know my nephews would have loved the Cars suite at AoA. I wanted to make it over there to take pictures, esp of the nephews with the Cars, but never made it. Hopefully one day. :) I am debating a trip report. I might do one once I get caught up on my sleep...haha. :)

Don't you just love POR? It's hard to get to other resorts for pictures sometimes. I don't think I took ONE shot of POR last time, even though I went once on my last trip. So I will need to make up for it this time. Can't wait!

Wow the pics are getting better! I am in love with the one with "Tomorrowland" and the sky!
Thanks. I love taking pictures, can you tell? :lmao:

I used to lug my canon around, but I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder, and that has put a damper on my photography. Hoping I can carry it in September.

Oh no! That is terrible! I hope you heal quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter