Dorothy and Blanche:A tale of left over shoes and lost items! DONE 7/14 just in time!

Don't you just love POR? It's hard to get to other resorts for pictures sometimes. I don't think I took ONE shot of POR last time, even though I went once on my last trip. So I will need to make up for it this time. Can't wait!

Yes it was a beautiful resort! :) I know, there's just not enough time in a Disney day to do everything. I really want to take 2 weeks one of these times so I can feel like I get a lot more accomplished. :)

Just found your TR and am following along. :wave2:
Love your photos, especially of the sky in Tomorrowland. My son was a CP last year for 7 months in WDW and told me loved to just look at the sky in Florida-always changing, wild, beautiful. You really captured it! We were there very briefly in mid-August 2013 and I knew what he meant! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more updates!

Yes it was a beautiful resort! :) I know, there's just not enough time in a Disney day to do everything. I really want to take 2 weeks one of these times so I can feel like I get a lot more accomplished. :)

True! Although sometimes a longer trip doesn't help, you end up taking more breaks! I have 15 days coming up though, but with days for EEEK the other parks, We're still only at about 9 days of Disney. I'm getting a upgrading my 4 day ticket when I get there though, to a 10 day hopper.

Just found your TR and am following along. :wave2:
Love your photos, especially of the sky in Tomorrowland. My son was a CP last year for 7 months in WDW and told me loved to just look at the sky in Florida-always changing, wild, beautiful. You really captured it! We were there very briefly in mid-August 2013 and I knew what he meant! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more updates!

Welcome! I am so jealous of your son's experience. I really wish I'd done that, but I guess teaching doesn't really qualify! :scratchin The sky can be really beautiful! I love getting a nice sky... and to be perfectly honest, I might add a little more pop to the sky, but not too too much!

I was on my way to my first ride of the day:

You know, it really bugs me that I can't get a shot with the wait times anymore!

Nope, not what I was trying for! But that's okay, I'll try again!

Still not quite it.

Back in the beautiful hot sun!

Hey, I think that's my shadow in the corner...

If only I'd have known that's the last time I'd see push... :sad2: I'd at least have tried to get a better picture as he went away! Then I'd have tried to find him again for more interactions!

Back to see my castle!

There are more pictures of the castle on my flickr account. Just click on any picture to browse them. That's all for today, I guess!

Following along - you never know, palm trees are surprisingly resilient things, maybe you can make your own little forest even in the snow ;)

True! Although sometimes a longer trip doesn't help, you end up taking more breaks! I have 15 days coming up though, but with days for EEEK the other parks, We're still only at about 9 days of Disney. I'm getting a upgrading my 4 day ticket when I get there though, to a 10 day hopper.

That's true, you would probably just take more time to do everything with a longer trip. That's awesome, I'd love a 10 day hopper! Have a blast! :)

Beautiful pictures in MK! I always love Castle pictures! I take a ton when I am there. :)

Following along - you never know, palm trees are surprisingly resilient things, maybe you can make your own little forest even in the snow ;)

I think I need to go visit a greenhouse. Apparently there are some types that can live in a pot inside... After a year or two I might need to donate it to a hotel, but that's okay! After this snow I think I wouldn't mind.

That's true, you would probably just take more time to do everything with a longer trip. That's awesome, I'd love a 10 day hopper! Have a blast! :)

Thanks! Really looking forward to it!

Beautiful pictures in MK! I always love Castle pictures! I take a ton when I am there. :)

Thanks! And although I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one who took so many shots of the Castle, it's nice to have a fellow Castle photographer read along! The Castle is just so photogenic!

I decided to play with some settings for this one:

Everything is just so beautiful!

Where am I headed?

I love palm trees!

No jungle cruise. Had I gone the day before, I would have been able to catch it. That was in my plan of things to do originally.

I was heading to Pirates next I guess!

One day I will have to sit and watch this, just to take pictures of Captain Jack Sparrow!

This time I just snapped a few shots as I walked on by.

Because I wanted to ride this:

Ready for a picture ride of POTC?

Posted wait time: 10 minutes! I'm on it!

I love Disney details! The peg leg...

I like when the stores have different things in them than the merchandise you see in each and every store. That's what makes shopping at WDW/DL fun!

Oh, and for you die hard Pirates fans, there are even more on pictures on my flickr account. I just tried to keep it down to one post!

just found your trip report - enjoying all the amazing photos :)

Welcome! And thank you! As you can see, I enjoy taking pictures. :rotfl2: But the report is almost purely photos, I never seem to have the interesting stories that other people seem to have... unless you count the fact that I left home with two right sandals!

Loving your TR! Sorry that Blanche was sick and couldn't make it the first 2 days - I hope she does get to make it for the rest of the trip.

Your touring style is exactly what I love to do when given a chance. Your pics are awesome! What setting did you use on your camera to get those great pics in POC without flash?

I would like to stay at Art of Animation on our next trip but the family is so spoiled staying at the BWV - they say why pay the same $$ at a Value Resort when we can rent points and stay at a Deluxe Resort like BWV lol

Loving your TR! Sorry that Blanche was sick and couldn't make it the first 2 days - I hope she does get to make it for the rest of the trip.

Thanks for reading along! Don't worry, Blanche will arrive soon.

Your touring style is exactly what I love to do when given a chance. Your pics are awesome! What setting did you use on your camera to get those great pics in POC without flash?

I have a DSLR, the Canon 60D. I set it at ISO 6400, on aperture priority at f/1.4. I then set it to underexpose by a step. I'd rather my dark ride pictures be a little darker than overexposed.

I would like to stay at Art of Animation on our next trip but the family is so spoiled staying at the BWV - they say why pay the same $$ at a Value Resort when we can rent points and stay at a Deluxe Resort like BWV lol

BWV would be a lovely place to stay! I can understand their reasoning, totally. Maybe you could squeeze in a night or two, or at least a visit sometime to AoA!

After POTC, I was ready for one of my absolute favorite Disney snacks. Sorry, not the Dole Whip. I tried it twice to make myself like it and I just couldn’t bring myself to like it. Instead, I got my Citrus Swirl! It will show up a few more times on this TR.

In fact, I love it so much I took 4 pictures of it, trying to decide which background I liked best! I chose this one to show you, but the other three are on flickr!

After my delicious, refreshingly cool snack, I was ready for another ride. I snapped some pictures around Frontierland on my way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Yes, I really was heading to BTMRR!

30 minute wait? I can deal with that!

And I proceeded to take many, many more pictures in the queue.

I really love all the new things to look at in this queue.

Can I stay at the bunkhouse too?

Are you bored with the queue pictures yet? Because there are more coming:

Hey! There are three people in the first car and none look like small kids. I've never seen three in a seat unless one was a child!

Hahahaha! I don't smoke, but I can't guarantee I won't eat beans!

Leave all your Disney park maps at BTMRR...

Love the plug for Pecos Bill's!

On the ride now:

While exiting the ride, I stopped to take a palm tree shot.

So there you have some of my BTMRR pictures, because in true Dorothy fashion, I have more on my flickr account. Feel free to browse them.

All caught up! I am loving all the pictures and the different angles.
We had our first citrus swirl this past trip....YUM!!!!!!!!

These are simply great images Tina. Love the ones around the hub with those gorgeous skies. Too bad there were people in those images! ;) That one behind the partners statue is great.

I also like that one of the fence line and the statues as you enter into Adventureland with just sky behind them. I wish Pirates was as long as it is in Disneyland. It just doesn't feel right.

So were you using a 50mm lens for Pirates?

Your pictures are great! I love seeing the parks again by living through the pictures. :)

Really enjoying this TR and all the photos! Subscribing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter