Dream a dream....KMAB00's DW Honeymoon TR: Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you two made it to LTT!! I cant believe how fast you did. I'm impressed! This TR is awesome. I love all the pictures!! I cant wait for the rest :)

I know this is WAAAAAAAAAY OT, however, I just have to share!!

Ok so for my wedding, I had a total of 23 days off of work....HEAVEN...:cloud9:

Just the thought of having those 23 days off is what kept me going each day at work.....knowing I was about to go to Disney, etc. Now I work with Cancer patients and I work on a hospital floor. When I was hired on, our floor was MOSTLY Cancer patients and I LOVED IT! I LOVED my job........now, it's become more of a "medical oncology" floor so we see just about EVERYTHING. Our unit is an 18 bed unit and on an average basis, we usually only have about 2 or 3 cancer patients.

EVERY DAY is incredibly stressful. I've been an RN since May of 05...right about two years. And last March (04), they started making me Charge Nurse (which I HATE!!!!)!!!! I'd rather just have my patients and take care of them like I learned how to do in school....all the rest, leave me ALONE!! I HATE the 12 hour shifts, I HATE working every other weekend.....it's just not very "family" oriented, you know??

So anyway, after Disney was over, the first thought in my mind of course was, omg I have to go back to that dreadful place!!! The thought of even going back had me SICK to my stomach. I felt like I was about to have a panic attack....My heart was beating fast, I was nauseated and felt like I was going to ... well ... for lack of a better word ... throw up.

I didn't even feel like I wanted to be a nurse anymore. Like I had missed my calling or something.

But that's when I got to thinking. Maybe THIS place isn't where I'm supposed to be. Nursing is so diverse and you can basically work anywhere. Sooo...I went to my boss. I sat down in her office and told her how I felt. She totally understood...she was so nice! I told her that I loved working for this hospital and I don't want to leave the hospital, I just want to find my "niche".

So she suggested that I apply for a Radiation Oncology job which is still in the hospital, and is still with cancer patients, just in a different setting. The job is Part Time instead of full time. It's Monday-Thursday 7-12. :woohoo: :laughing:

Jason did get a job but he won't start until June 4 so I will have to work full time until then but that's only a few weeks away!

THE BEST PART IS THAT I GOT CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW!!! Tuesday at 10 a.m.!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: You don't know how badly I want this job to work out! I know that if it's "meant to be" then it will happen....we'll just have to see!!!!!!

Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers! You guys are awesome!! :banana:

Aw, I'm glad that your job situation worked out the way it did! :banana: I also want to say that I have a lot of respect for you being a nurse and you should be proud of what you do every single day. I'm a student nurse right now (graduating Dec. 14) so I may be biased, but even if you didn't like your previous position, just know that your still an amazing person for picking nursing to be your professsion!:goodvibes

Well, I just wanted to tell you that from one 'almost' nurse to another, I hope you have found your niche and good luck!!:dance3:

Aw, I'm glad that your job situation worked out the way it did! :banana: I also want to say that I have a lot of respect for you being a nurse and you should be proud of what you do every single day. I'm a student nurse right now (graduating Dec. 14) so I may be biased, but even if you didn't like your previous position, just know that your still an amazing person for picking nursing to be your professsion!:goodvibes

Well, I just wanted to tell you that from one 'almost' nurse to another, I hope you have found your niche and good luck!!:dance3:

Aww that's exciting! I remember graduation and that feeling of such accomplishment....like HA I DID IT!! :cheer2:

Good luck with the rest of your school!! Do you know what area you are interested in?

Just thought I would chip in with the nursing thing. I'm about to start a course in childrens nursing (in sept) and I can't wait! I would really love to work with the special care babies! I think nursing is a hard proffession to be in and in my country at the moment they are very underpaid! It takes a certain type of person to be commited to something like this and I hope I am one of those people (I think I am anyway, LoL) I hope you are happier in your new job because there is nothing worse than going to work when you hate it (thats me in my job right now, but I get to quit in september and I can't wait!) :cool1:

Ps. I'm addicted to your trip report! :rotfl:

I have to say, I'm addicted too, and you look so happy in all your pictures! I am hoping to go into OB or a NICU unit. I just love the babies and the families. I feel lucky to know what I want to do, but unfortunatly, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of openings in these areas. Oh well, it'll all work itself out!:)

Cant wait for more TR!:thumbsup2

I have to say, I'm addicted too, and you look so happy in all your pictures! I am hoping to go into OB or a NICU unit. I just love the babies and the families. I feel lucky to know what I want to do, but unfortunatly, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of openings in these areas. Oh well, it'll all work itself out!:)

The oppisite is true in this country, These areas are very understaffed and some hospitals are saying that babies lives are being put at risk because there is'nt enough nurses to look after them. However, the goverment fund our hospitals and there is'nt enough money available to hire them. It's a no win situation! I want to work with the babies too but if the situation does'nt improve there wont be any jobs available whether they are needed or not!

I have three years yet so I hope things improve

ok i just fiished "updating"

One of my BIGGEST fears is showing up at a restaurant on teh wrong day. I double and triple check and bring all my conformation numbers with me etc. etc. I'm so glad you made it to LTT!

P.S. what hospital are you working at?

Friday, April 13, 2007 (Friday the 13th!!) Dun..dun..dun!! :laughing:

Friday was EPCOT day!!

hm193.jpg

We actually woke up EARLY this day and got to the park BEFORE it opened!!! First time ever! :rotfl: When the gates did open, we headed (along with the millions of other people) to the Land for Soarin! When we arrived, wait time was only 20 minutes so we opted to wait and not do the fastpass. Soarin was AMAZING!!! I loved it so much! However, I did not want to wait 90 minutes in line like it usually is!!!

Anyway, after Soarin, we got Fastpasses for Mission Space and then rode Test Track. The TT line was longer than the sign suggested (10 minutes). But that was ok because by the time we were off the ride, our fast pass time for Mission Space had arrived!!

The first night we were in the parks, we rode Mission Space but we opted for the "chicken version". Jason really really wanted to ride the "EXTREME" side so I gave in....had my barf bag ready and all!

hm189.jpg

It was fun but I don't think I'd ride it again. I didn't need the barf bag, but I did feel a little queasy afterwards. I'm glad I did the Extreme side, though!!! I wanted to see what it was like! :)

hm190.jpg

Jason in line....he's excited, can't you tell?

After all of the "major" rides were finished, we did Universe of Energy and then we ate lunch. It was still early in the day and we knew that we had Victoria and Albert's that night, so we wanted to eat early so we'd be hungry by night time!! :)

We ate at the Electric Umbrella again...except this time, I got a grilled cicken sandwhich with apple slices!

hm191.jpg

I asked a nice couple to take our picture again!

hm192.jpg

Since we were there for the Flower and Garden Festival, I had to take a few pictures!!

hm194.jpg

hm195.jpg

I was kinda upset at myself when I realized that we'd have a lot less time to spend in EPCOT on Friday since we had to leave early to go back to the hotel to take a shower and get ready for V&A. It was a HOTT day so showers were definintely necessary. The original plan was to spend the day of V&A relaxing so we could make the most of our time.....but oh well!!

Cont...

...Cont...

Anyway, after we finished in Future World, we headed to World Showcase.

hm196.jpg

Jason had never really gotten to "explore" this part of EPCOT...so we did as much as we could in the time we had left!

hm197.jpg

Mexico

hm198.jpg

:tink: As we got to the front of the ride for Mexico, the lady said, "Are you two newlyweds?" When we said yes, she asked us if we wanted our own boat! She was so nice!!

So this is a picture of us in our own private boat! :rotfl:

hm199.jpg

I haven't seen this ride since they added Donald to it! It's different but cute!

hm200.jpg

hm201.jpg

What's up with Japan? Anyone know??

hm202.jpg

The big tower looks under construction!!

After we got out of Mexico, we had a few minutes before the Liberty Singers, but we headed over that way anyway!

hm203.jpg

:tink: As we approached the American Adventure, this man (who worked the attraction) asked us if we had just gotten married. We told him yes and then he asked if we had received a phone call that day? All week, we had been asked that question (we got to hear the message at least 5 times!) however, we weren't going to turn down anyone's pixie dust!! So of course we said no!

hm204.jpg

When the message was over, we thought that was it but we were wrong!!!

:tink: The same man came over and gave us another Magical Moments Certificate!! (He wrote it himself!!)

hm212.jpg

Then, he walked us over to the restaurant next door, walked inside, and said (very loudly) to the restaurant eaters, "Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Jason and Karen are on their Honeymoon and they are sharing it with us here at Walt Disney World!" Everyone cheered, and he gave us two Mickey Mouse rice crispy treats..........then he said, "Let's give them three cheers!"

It was very very cute!

As we got inside of the Lobby of the American Adventure, he made us sit right on the edge of the circle in the middle of the floor. We were one of the first to arrive.

hm205.jpg

hm206.jpg

Jason and I with our "treats"!! :banana:

The liberty singers came out and they were AMAZING as always!!

hm207.jpg

:tink: The lady all the way to the left (in orange...coral...whatever) was the "ringleader". After they sang two songs, she said, "Here at Disney, we like to celebrate with those who are celebrating special occasions! Today, we have a couple - The Seal Family from Lake Charles, LA - who are visiting us on their Honeymoon and we'd like to dedicate this song to them."

hm208.jpg

The sang "When You Wish Upon A Star" and it was AWESOME!! The "ringleader" gave Jason a hard time because he didn't have his arm around me!! Hehe!

After we got out of the show, we decided to use a few snack credits on Ice Cream! :)

hm209.jpg

AND by the end of the week, Jason had a better eye for spotting the Dream Team than I did!!!!!

hm210.jpg

We sat on that bench in an effort to "be seen"...however, it surely didn't happen. :sad2:

By that time, it was getting later in the day and we had to depart for our Resort to get ready for the big night!!!

hm211.jpg

We had a wonderful day, though, and couldn't wait for what the night was to hold!!!

Up next: V&A!!

Yay more trippie!!

A note about test track, DF (DBF at the time) and I both decided that it wasn't much different from the non main roads here in Michigan :rotfl2:. So if anybody hasn't ridden it and has been to Michigan, you already know what its like!

I get more and more jealous/anxious for my honeymoon each time I read an entry! This is a wonderful TR. Can I ask though, what is the "phone call" thing all about?

we have a very similiar certificate from our honeymoon! I think we may have had the same guy b/c he did that very thing to us (he found us eating though) and then took us to have our pick of the seats in the american adventure show :) He was a nice guy!

we have a very similiar certificate from our honeymoon! I think we may have had the same guy b/c he did that very thing to us (he found us eating though) and then took us to have our pick of the seats in the american adventure show :) He was a nice guy!

:banana: It probably was the same guy!! He had white hair! :) He was super nice!!!! That's cool that you guys got the same thing!!!

Really enjoying your trip report! Love hearing about all the pixie dust you guys received!! I felt so bad about you getting the day wrong for V&A - that is so something I might do!! Glad everything worked out though :) Looking forward to reading more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter