Drizzt's Family goes to WDW May 2010

Loved all your pics from memory lane! I hope you take tons and tons and tons and tons of pics on your trip!

Not long now. I'm down to 19 days. You must be within 1 month...:cool1::cool1:

I am! Only 35 days to go! I'm filling the mean time with little trips here and there! We are gonna go to the county fair and I think we might either go to Sonoita for wine tasting or finally check out the Kercher Caverns I mean it's only an hour south of us...so it should be cool to see.

Loved all your pics from memory lane! I hope you take tons and tons and tons and tons of pics on your trip!

Oh geez! You know it! My facebook friends are going to be swimming in pictures by the time I'm through! I have over a 100 from the Grand Canyon trip. I'm just to tired to post them and house work calls.

Woohoo for 35 days! (well, 34 now) :woohoo:

Sonoita is beautiful! I've never been to the wine tasting but I bet it's wonderful.

We will miss the county fair, unless I take Tessa by myself during the week. We'll see if I get all my packing done!

I love that picture of Cindy's Castle you posted a few posts back!

I would love to go to the Grand Canyon someday, you'll have to post some pictures for us! :goodvibes

Sounds like you are keeping busy until your trip--good idea!

And Woo Hoo :woohoo: for a Birthday Trip to DL! :dance3:

I love that picture of Cindy's Castle you posted a few posts back!

I would love to go to the Grand Canyon someday, you'll have to post some pictures for us! :goodvibes

Sounds like you are keeping busy until your trip--good idea!

And Woo Hoo :woohoo: for a Birthday Trip to DL! :dance3:

Thank you! I love to take random photos!
So we got up an hour late. Not that it matters that much since we weren't really on a schedule. We were really winging it the whole way up there.

So we hit the road around 9am.
DSCF4474.jpg

DH always makes a joke that San Diego is only two miles away so we should stop there and say hello to his folks. When ever we get to I-10 I-8 break.

DSCF4457.jpg

Picacho Peak! Never going to hike there I don't think. But I'd like to actually stop there so day to take a picture of it when we aren't driving!

DSCF4453.jpg

We stopped and ate lunch at the Cracker Barrel in Casa Grande. DH loves to eat there since the one is town is nearly an hour away from us. So we had a lot of Cracker Barrel during this trip!

DSCF4465.jpg

DSCF4466.jpg

DSCF4470.jpg

Whee we are finally in Phoenix!
DSCF4474.jpg

Only in Arizona will you see people riding bikes with out any protection!
DSCF4485.jpg

We made our first rest stop right after we go onto I-17 for Flagstaff. We noticed we were moving out of the 80's by this point. I had a nagging feeling that maybe we should have brought coats instead of jackets.

DSCF4500.jpg

DSCF4508.jpg

DSCF4512.jpg

DSCF4511.jpg

We got to Flagstaff around lunchtime then went around the town. We went to the Lowell Obsorbrotory. But got there too late to get in. So we left and went to get some dinner.

DSCF4552.jpg

We ate at a place where the Theatre and Music Majors worked at. All the wait staff took turns singing songs between waiting tables and lo and behold what we heard!

I'll finish the rest of this later on this week! Stay tuned!

That's funny! I can't believe she was singing a Disney song!

I love that little rest stop where you guys took pics. Did you notice the ranch down at the bottom? What an amazing way of life!

That's funny! I can't believe she was singing a Disney song!

I love that little rest stop where you guys took pics. Did you notice the ranch down at the bottom? What an amazing way of life!

I know! It was soo pretty! I would love to just spend a summer on a ranch out there1 I tried to take some pictures of the ranch..but they didn't come out so well. I would go again just to go to Flagstaff and Sedona!

Haha, we ended up eating at Cracker Barrel twice this trip because we don't have one near us either! I was surprised that my dad was willing, but he discovered that the fish dishes are really good!

It's so pretty out there! :cloud9: So different from any kind of scenery we have here in Georgia.

:laughing: Cracker Barrel is always our "on the road" meal stop! We have plenty around us, but the only time we ever stop there is driving to Florida! :lmao:

Haha, we ended up eating at Cracker Barrel twice this trip because we don't have one near us either! I was surprised that my dad was willing, but he discovered that the fish dishes are really good!

DH likes the pancake breakfast the most. He orders it every time we go. I know we have one in town but I think I said it's like a hour away so....why would we go and eat there? Hhaha.

It's so pretty out there! :cloud9: So different from any kind of scenery we have here in Georgia.

:laughing: Cracker Barrel is always our "on the road" meal stop! We have plenty around us, but the only time we ever stop there is driving to Florida! :lmao:

I know! GA has Cracker Barrels everywhere! When ever we go home to Warner Robins we have to eat there. Yeah GA is more green and has a ton of GA red clay! I have to say I don't miss my shoes turning red!

DSCF4598.jpg

We have arrived!
We only went to the South Rim. North Rim was an 11 hour drive from us and West Rim where the Skybridge was at was another 4 hours away and would have cost us an additional $50 per person and another $25 to get into that side of the park. So we decided the South Rim was just fine!

DSCF4607.jpg

Had to take some artisy photos.

DSCF4620.jpg

From what I understand it's about 3 miles down. You can ride donkeys to the bottom of the Canyon or you can hike it. We were not dressed or prepared to hike and it was really really cold. And I don't do outdoors things so I said the view from the top is just fine!

DSCF4622.jpg

Here I am at the Look out Peak, it's a little gift shop where you can get really great view of the Grand Canyon.

DSCF4641.jpg

DH hates to take pictures so I have to catch him candid!
Here he is inside of the gallery at Look out Peak.
DSCF4657.jpg

We went to Yaki Point which is suppose to be one of the best views of the Canyon on the south side. Well we found this little guy! Maybe he lost something down there.

DSCF4683.jpg

More shots of Yaki Point

DSCF4684.jpg

The hiking trail to the bottom.

DSCF4687.jpg

DSCF4690.jpg

DH again refusing a photo.

DSCF4692.jpg

DSCF4695.jpg

DSCF4696.jpg

DSCF4697.jpg

I think I said it before but it's worth the trip one time to go and see the Grand Canyon. I won't say I'd do it again in a heart beat. But I think I would go to Flagstaff to go snowboarding. :)
:yay:

Your pictures are stunning! So pretty! :cloud9: One day I want to get out west and visit the Grand Canyon. The only time I've been to that "side" of the US was a trip to San Diego probably 10 years ago - I think it's time for another trip! :yay: I feel like there is so much I need to see!

Your pictures are stunning! So pretty! :cloud9: One day I want to get out west and visit the Grand Canyon. The only time I've been to that "side" of the US was a trip to San Diego probably 10 years ago - I think it's time for another trip! :yay: I feel like there is so much I need to see!

Oh yeah you should come out here! I never though in a million years I'd like the West Coast. Cause you know I'm a GA girl at heart. But I really do like it. DH wants to move back to San Diego or maybe Miami. (Not sure where he got that from!) When we are retired from the AF. We'll see, I don't think I'd hate to live in San Diego it's really nice!

Oh if you ever plan on heading out this way anytime soon let me know! I will for sure you tell you the cool places to check out in So Cal and AZ. :) :hippie:

Only 30 days to go!! Well technically 29 days! Wheee I can't wait!

So, tomorrow I'm going to go talk to The Art Institute about getting into culinary school. I'm planning on going for baking/pastry chef AA. I just wanted to find out a little bit more about the program before I actually enrolled in the school. I'm sure it will all be fine and they have so many around the country they can transfer my credits between AI. So as soon as I'm done with work related things I think by the beginning of next year or maybe the very end of this year I'll start cooking classes! :banana::thumbsup2

LOVE your GC pics.

And good luck with the AI. I'm always happy for you to come and do some exchange experience in Melbourne...and then you can come and practise in my kitchen :) but it'll have to be low fat deserts. I only have to look at a cupcake and I have a muffin top!

Your pictures are amazing ~ what a great trip! :thumbsup2 I would love to go there one day but I always think I'll freak out at the canyon with my fear of heights, LOL! Maybe I'll get brave enough someday. ;)

Good luck with the AI meeting ~ that would be such a fun thing to learn! :)

What a beautiful picture of you at the Grand Canyon!

I don't think I could do the hiking trail either. I'd get to the bottom and be like, "Um, now what ..."

Ooo! If you take cooking classes, you'll have to take pics and post them for us to see!

LOVE your GC pics.

And good luck with the AI. I'm always happy for you to come and do some exchange experience in Melbourne...and then you can come and practise in my kitchen :) but it'll have to be low fat deserts. I only have to look at a cupcake and I have a muffin top!

Buhaha your so funny! Of course it would be healthy food! It'll be so healthy you'll think it's bad for you. I've found amazing ways to make normally sweet things not bad for you. It's all in leaving the sugar out and subbing it for naturally sweet things. I know at first I'm going to have to learn how to cook reagular food. It'll be fun!

I would so love to come to Melbourne! That would be so awesome!
:banana:

LOVE your GC pics.

Your pictures are amazing ~ what a great trip! :thumbsup2 I would love to go there one day but I always think I'll freak out at the canyon with my fear of heights, LOL! Maybe I'll get brave enough someday. ;)

Good luck with the AI meeting ~ that would be such a fun thing to learn! :)

thank you it went well and I got all the information I wanted out of it. I think I'm going to go ahead and apply! I know the GC is freaking huge and scary! I wouldn't get near the edge to save my life!

What a beautiful picture of you at the Grand Canyon!

I don't think I could do the hiking trail either. I'd get to the bottom and be like, "Um, now what ..."

Ooo! If you take cooking classes, you'll have to take pics and post them for us to see!

Oh I will!!! I used to take pictures of my food on facebook but I deleted them maybe when I start baking when I have time next week I'll post some pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter