DVC Contemporary Reported on Mouseplanet

Happy Birthday Cat

<font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi
On the weekly MousePlanet report (Link), they are reporting the following:

"Contemporary Resort refurbishment news
We've heard from another insider about the refurbishment at the Contemporary Resort. It seems that there is indeed a plan in place to convert the South Garden Wing in the a Disney Vacation Club resort, but no one is certain until the first worker knocks down the first wall. However, construction delays are occurring because of a lack of labor due to continuing hurricane repairs in Central Florida. Renovations will continue through the rest of the resort (which is current expected to remain a regular hotel) with an overall completion date of June 2007 for the entire resort."

Scroll down the page after clicking the above link to read the whole story. I still wonder about this and wish they gave more specifics. Of course the fact that they used incorrect grammar in the story may make you call into question how much credence to give them as well.

HBC

So it's the South Garden Wing not the North? The North Wing is the one Shades of Green was leased during their reconstruction.

I would trade into VCR but not sure I would purchase. The trade value would be huge though!

Maybe this is why they are increasing the the price next month. I also cannot see them offering incentives because it would most likely sell out as add-ons.

Im sure we will hear something soon!

I was able to discuss the CR with some knowledgeable non-DVC CM's last week. The CR is indeed scheduled for a major rehab. I was told that the tower and south wing will be completly redone- beginning soon- on a floor-by-floor basis. The rooms will be redone with new design, decor and furniture including wall mounted flat screen TV's.

I asked about the north wing/DVC rumor (since that was specifically excluded from the rehab plan mentioned) and was told that the CR has no current rehab plan for the north garden wing and no information about any DVC plans there.

Stay tuned!! ;)

Imagine what the dues would be, not only would owners pay for bus transport, but also Monorail upkeep and maintenance...upkeep of the 4th floor concorse, and other "common areas".

I would not want to own there, but would try for the 7 month mark occasionally. If dues are high, and that makes the location sell less well, there is no advantage to DVC to offer it.

I think it would sell very quickly, even if dues offered were $5, 5.50, maybe even $6. To be on the monorail, and walking distance from the MK... I think a lot of people would make that leap even if the Contemporary isn't as dazzling theme-wise as other resorts.

I think it would sell very quickly, even if dues offered were $5, 5.50, maybe even $6. To be on the monorail, and walking distance from the MK... I think a lot of people would make that leap even if the Contemporary isn't as dazzling theme-wise as other resorts.

::yes:: I agree.

LIFERBABE said:
So it's the South Garden Wing not the North? The North Wing is the one Shades of Green was leased during their reconstruction.

This is the second time (in two reports) that MousePlanet has shown some confusion over the two wings. If you look down further in the same page, you'll find a list of current rehabs. They have the South Wing undergoing a rehab from May to October of this year. They certainly wouldn't be closing that wing for a 6 month rehab if there were pending plans to roll it into DVC.

This is my favorite rumor.

I'm already working on how to convince DW we need to buy points there when they offer them as add-ons before offering to the general public.

Jen D said:

dh and I are on the edge of our seats ready to leap.

:hyper2:

There are new pix posted on allearsnet.com showing a model room for renovation of the South garden wing. So it appears South is out of the picture for DVC. But the North garden wing is still tantalizingly unspoken for...

Just to give you one more thing to drool over, The Unofficial Guide refers to the views of Bay Lake from the North garden wing as the best water views in WDW, in its discussion of the inconsistency of water vs garden view designation. (Apparently they are called "garden view".)

OneMoreTry: what makes you think these points will ever make it to the general public? ;)

DH and I saw those pics and he said book a room there for 2006 ASAP!!! He loves it! We want to do an add on but DH says lets wait and see if by some chance the CR will make part of it DVC. He said he doesn't care how much it will cost per point. He loves the new contemporary look of the rooms combined with the great location. Oh please, please, please let there be some truth to the rumor of a DVC at the CR!!! :goodvibes
We also think if it does happen the general public will never have a chance to own there! Us members will probably buy it all up in record numbers!!!LOL

It's been probably 15-20 years since I was last at the Contemporary.

Could someone remind me how the Garden Wings are placed? What's "walking distance" to MK? Is it about the same as walking into the tower and to the monorail, or is it closer?

JeanJoe said:
Could someone remind me how the Garden Wings are placed? What's "walking distance" to MK? Is it about the same as walking into the tower and to the monorail, or is it closer?

Here's a (Link) to an aerial view of the contemporary. It shows the CR and the garden wings as well as the MK.

Here's another better picture of the CR (Link) with a better view of the Garden Wings.

The pictures are courtesy of DisneyPix.Com

HBC

would love to happen - but not for a few years....

however if the Cont is not going to upgrade the north wing - well it was in the worst shape by far of the entire Cont - so it can't go much longer without something being done to it.

I just wish they (WDW) would make up their minds. :cool1:

I would think the room rates as far as points go would be a lot higher than the other DVC resorts. It would dilute the maintenance fees and make it somewhat less attractive at the 7 month window.

I don't think a Contemporary DVC would be that much more attractive than a BoardWalk or Beach Club DVC.

He said he doesn't care how much it will cost per point. He loves the new contemporary look of the rooms combined with the great location. Oh please, please, please let there be some truth to the rumor of a DVC at the CR!!!

That's my opinon too! I've been 'blasted' on this board before for saying what I'm about to say, but I'd instantly pay $125-$150 per point for a CR DVC contract!!! Monorail!!! -- Walking access to MK!!!! That's all I need!!!

I don't think a Contemporary DVC would be that much more attractive than a BoardWalk or Beach Club DVC.

I'll "bicker" about this one with you Bicker! ;) I own 1150 points at BWV and I bot them for location! Epcot and MGM are great draws -- but nothing compares with the draw to MK! :)

bicker said:
It would be a nice change, especially when the kids are little and MK is such a draw.

spiceycat said:
however if the Cont is not going to upgrade the north wing - well it was in the worst shape by far of the entire Cont - so it can't go much longer without something being done to it.

The fact that nothing has been announced for the North Wing, even though work is going on at the south wing, IMHO lends credence to the rumor. If they were just going to renovate, wouldn't it already be announced?

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter