DVC Contemporary Reported on Mouseplanet

Happy Birthday Cat said:
Here's a (Link) to an aerial view of the contemporary. It shows the CR and the garden wings as well as the MK.

Here's another better picture of the CR (Link) with a better view of the Garden Wings.

The pictures are courtesy of DisneyPix.Com

HBC
Thanks for the links to get the distances in perspective. I wonder how many BWV hallways (my new unit of distance measurement...) the walk would be? Doesn't seem too bad. Hope the rumors for DVC are true -- I could totally see wanting to stay there while the kids are littler...

erikthewise said:
There are new pix posted on allearsnet.com showing a model room for renovation of the South garden wing. So it appears South is out of the picture for DVC. But the North garden wing is still tantalizingly unspoken for...

Just to give you one more thing to drool over, The Unofficial Guide refers to the views of Bay Lake from the North garden wing as the best water views in WDW, in its discussion of the inconsistency of water vs garden view designation. (Apparently they are called "garden view".)

OneMoreTry: what makes you think these points will ever make it to the general public? ;)

Wow. Awesome pictures of the new rooms. I have had absolutely no desire to stay at The Contemporary until now.

bicker said:
I don't think a Contemporary DVC would be that much more attractive than a BoardWalk or Beach Club DVC.

For those who spend much more time at the Magic Kingdom than then they do at Epcot and MGM (combined), this location adds significant value.

There is also a group of owners, who are young enough, to really care about the extra years associated with the new packages.
Having a location attractive resort, with the extra years, may help sales at Saratoga Springs.

I'd be happy if they renovated into studios. I'm sure most other people wouldn't be but its difficult to get studios in proximity to parks now on medium notice in regular and up seasons..

DVC will make at least a 1 and 2 bedroom - they get more points (and thereby more money) for the larger units. plus generally less people....

very few DVC member seem to want 8 in a 2-bedroom, they seem to average 4 to 6.

studio and 1-bedroom runs 1 to 3 people.

of course these numbers were before SSR was sold (for that matter before BCV, too). so they might have changed.

WOW! Thanx for the link, Erik.
The rooms are going to be beautiful! Put me in the camp of never considering the CR until now... :drinking:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
WOW! Thanx for the link, Erik.
The rooms are going to be beautiful! Put me in the camp of never considering the CR until now... :drinking:

MG

Don't you have enough points, MG? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's my opinon too! I've been 'blasted' on this board before for saying what I'm about to say, but I'd instantly pay $125-$150 per point for a CR DVC contract!!! Monorail!!! -- Walking access to MK!!!! That's all I need!!!

I'm totally with you on this. If they announced it tomorrow I would be on the phone with a guide. :earboy2:

I also would have no trouble with $5 or $6 maintainence. A monorail resort is totally worth it.
If they did do DVC, I think it would be next to impossible to book at the 7 month window.
I don't care about the "YMCA" pool. I could hop on the monorail and be at the volcano pool at Poly in 5 minutes. :mickeybar

SpoonfulofSugar said:
I'm totally with you on this. If they announced it tomorrow I would be on the phone with a guide. :earboy2:

I also would have no trouble with $5 or $6 maintainence. A monorail resort is totally worth it.
If they did do DVC, I think it would be next to impossible to book at the 7 month window.
I don't care about the "YMCA" pool. I could hop on the monorail and be at the volcano pool at Poly in 5 minutes. :mickeybar

Me too! ::yes::

I'm saving up, in case it's not just a rumor ;)

We would definitely do an add-on of at least 100 points and would pay a bit of a premium for it. But there is no way we are going to pay a 50-75% premium. These are not Tower rooms after all. There is no way we pay $150 per point. We will just stay at our home resort (BCV) and get the Tower room with an AP discount for our weekend nights.

Hummm... I just saw this little tidbit posted on the resort board...

I just received a call from Disney and they informed me that during our stay from 7/2-7/9, they will begin an "unexpected" renovation to the North Garden wing at the CR starting on 7/7.

That was really all that stated on the thread. If this is accurate, does this mean they are redoing the North Wing as well and DVC is out of the picture? Or just fixing an urgent problem to get them by until DVC possibly takes over?

..... so I'm sorry if this has already been posted: We talked to a Guide about North Wing and he replied that a CR DVC resort was the worst kept secret he could ever recall. He went on to say that DVC will not make too early an announcement because they do not want to hurt sales of SSR.

lisareniff said:
Hummm... I just saw this little tidbit posted on the resort board...
That was really all that stated on the thread. If this is accurate, does this mean they are redoing the North Wing as well and DVC is out of the picture? Or just fixing an urgent problem to get them by until DVC possibly takes over?

Hmmm, maybe that "unexpected renovation" involves tearing the building down and starting from scratch! :teeth:

WOW! The pictures are beautiful! Thank you for the link. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter