DVC Contemporary Reported on Mouseplanet

Northern Lights said:
We would definitely do an add-on of at least 100 points and would pay a bit of a premium for it. But there is no way we are going to pay a 50-75% premium. These are not Tower rooms after all. There is no way we pay $150 per point. We will just stay at our home resort (BCV) and get the Tower room with an AP discount for our weekend nights.
Same here. I will say that the rehab pics are impressive enough for us to stay there on weekends instead of doing our usual stay at Universal's Hard Rock or Portofino. Disney needs an elegantly hip resort to compete with Universal for that crowd, and those pics look promising in that regard.

Rash said:
Same here. I will say that the rehab pics are impressive enough for us to stay there on weekends instead of doing our usual stay at Universal's Hard Rock or Portofino. Disney needs an elegantly hip resort to compete with Universal for that crowd, and those pics look promising in that regard.

The rooms do look promising but I can't agree with you to the point I would give up front of line access at Universal. I'm still a HRH fan as long as they keep front of line access.

HBC

erikthewise said:
OneMoreTry: what makes you think these points will ever make it to the general public? ;)

They probably wouldn't. That would be a good selling point for SSR. "You gotta buy here if you want a shot at the CR." It may even come down to a lottery unless the points are HIGH. That piece of land is pretty small.

If VCR is real, I think the look of the suites will be different than that at the rest of the CR. I hope DVC would do something exceptional.

Everyone keeps saying they would be willing to pay more per point at Contemporary, but I can't imagine the point prices being any higher. What MIGHT be higher is number of points required for a stay.

Well, I'm sure my parents would buy in the minute it was announced. As for us, I'm not sure. We have a young family and its so close to MK. What would be great is with the Contemporary being part of the DVC we would get free Valet parking there when we went to Chef Mickey's or shopping.

Mississippian said:
Everyone keeps saying they would be willing to pay more per point at Contemporary, but I can't imagine the point prices being any higher. What MIGHT be higher is number of points required for a stay.

I think the rationale for higher prices, if that is what DVC does, would be the importance of the 11-month window at a small resort on the monorail. From a mercenary point of view, I think the rental prices will be higher there.

Mississippian said:

There is some precedent for higher prices. When SSR was first offered for sale, the base price was $89 per point. The other resorts were at a base of $84.

Also, when Vero points were available concurrently with other on-site resorts, it was common for greater incentives to be offered at Vero than elsewhere.

Heck, even now, I believe that the sold-out resorts are going for $89 while SSR is a base of $95 direct through DVC.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see point charts even higher that BWV / BCV / VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter