DVC laundry for cash guests

In October our neighbors were staying on rented points their magic bands did not open laundry room door. For those talking about paying for machines, there are no coin or card machines in the member laundries.

In October our neighbors were staying on rented points their magic bands did not open laundry room door. For those talking about paying for machines, there are no coin or card machines in the member laundries.
I would have went and ask about it at the front desk.

We stayed at Hilton Head on a cash reservation and was directly across from the laundry room. Used it several times.

Makes a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit look a lot more attractive.

Yes, for the convenience.

However, the CCV laundry room was very clean, easy to use, and at least when we were using it there wasn't anyone else using it. I preferred it to the Poly paid laundry room we used the week before.

Having laundry in our villa would have been nicer, though ;-)

I believe that the DVC laundry facilities are free for any occupant of a studio villa, either cash or points, member or non-member.

That being said, I think there is confusion when there are both regular hotel rooms and DVC villas in the same building (i.e. Jambo House). I would be very upset to find out that a hotel guest was using the free machines on the 5th floor which are paid for by DVC, especially since there are only 2 washers and 4 dryers available anyways. I don't know how other "mixed" resorts (CCV, BW, BC, GF) are set up, but HHI, SSR and OKW are exclusively DVC so I would assume that their laundry facilities would be free for all guests.

A followup on my original post.

We stayed at CCV Dec 9-12. Our reservation was a "hotel"-like "cash" reservation directly with Disney, as we are not DVC owners.

Our magic bands opened the locked door to the CCV laundry room [it is on the 4th floor, off a hallway overlooking the lobby area] and we were able to do laundry with no problem. FWIW, we did laundry a couple times during our stay, and other than the first time we went to laundry room to locate where it was, we never saw anyone else in there.

SW

Do you remember what was written on the sign outside of the room when you entered? It reads either "for use by members" or "for used by members using points", something like that.

:earsboy: Bill

The only DVC resort that I know of that really restricts a non member from using the free DVC laundry is Aulani. They do not have a separate laundry room for DVC members so the front desk provides tokens so you do not have to pay. And they do check your KTTW card to see if it shows DVC member.

I heard others say that the CMs at VGC also are pretty strict and they too use tokens.

The only DVC resort that I know of that really restricts a non member from using the free DVC laundry is Aulani. They do not have a separate laundry room for DVC members so the front desk provides tokens so you do not have to pay. And they do check your KTTW card to see if it shows DVC member.

I heard others say that the CMs at VGC also are pretty strict and they too use tokens.

Yes, VGC uses tokens also. The laundry there is on the first floor by DVC rooms but also right by hotel rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter