DVC ressie with no tickets

Which if was the case I who have been a Disney fan all my life wouldn’t be chirping. I very rarely get involved in posting but called Member Services and couldn’t get an answer as to when I would be able to purchase tickets for a December trip booked in February at my 11 month window. I just want to know what and when. If we are not going to be able to purchase I reluctantly and very sadly cancel and bank my points. I just want info availability to be the same for everyone and it hasn’t been. And this whole thing on cash customer vs DVC I agree to disagree. My dues are guaranteed cash every year. I am not asking for better treatment just equal treatment in the form of information.

I think they furloughed too many employees and never started a reopening plan, or at least not much of one, and then were caught be surprised when Universal and Sea World put in for opening and it was allowed. Now they've been playing catch up and are winging it. It is unprecedented times for sure but I think they've been behind from the start. Couple that with their already well known lack of communication and I understand it's absolutely frustrating. And DVC info really has to come thru DVC and this particular management may be more lacking in communication than any since Jim Lewis's era. All a perfectly frustrating storm.

I was able to get through on a chat on the site. At first, I was told that there are no new tickets being sold, just packages. I nicely asked if she was certain (quoted "By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets."), so she checked and verified that those in our situation (2021 DVC reservations on points) could buy tickets and reserve parks on the 28th.... I'm still probably going to call on the 24th though :)
I just did a chat and at first they told me I could only do it on the 28th. I then brought up how on the website it says that people with resort only reservations could do it on the 24th. She said I should call then. So that's what I'll do

I just did a chat and at first they told me I could only do it on the 28th. I then brought up how on the website it says that people with resort only reservations could do it on the 24th. She said I should call then. So that's what I'll do
I am hoping that they will extend tickets to those of us who have 2020 reservations as well.

Since we're talking about the ticket options and the park reservations. Does anyone know what time park booking will start tomorrow? We have a reservation for September and thankfully have Gold APs so hoping we don't have too much trouble when it comes to booking.

Since we're talking about the ticket options and the park reservations. Does anyone know what time park booking will start tomorrow? We have a reservation for September and thankfully have Gold APs so hoping we don't have too much trouble when it comes to booking.
I thought it was 7 AM eastern time

I honestly don't understand why 2020 wasn't offered first.
Me either. In my opinion, the people already with 2020 reservations should have already been accounted for in their guest count and been allowed to purchase tickets once the park reservation plan was announced. I know that some people bought tickets from 3rd party sources after Disney suspended sales, but it was my expectation that we would be taken care of by Disney. That they ALSO pulled online AP sales the day the plan was announced adds insult to injury. Just another example of Disney not really caring enough about their most loyal customers.

Those with tickets for 2020 who do not have a onsite stay, will be in the last group right now to book.

Disney decided..and it is what was published back in May when they announced opening dates...that existing ticket holders...regardless of whether you were an onsite guest or not...would be allowed to book park days before those without tickets would,

Yes, it is frustrating for a DVC member who did not have tickets yet, but since it is the ticket that is needed to reserve, and not the resort stay, it is what gives someone first crack,

Now, Disney did give priority to onsite guests with tickets over those with APs and offsite guests.

But, allowing someone to buy a ticket and get a chance ahead of someone who already bought one was decided to not be allowed, whether people feel it is fair or not.

Once all those with 2020 tickets have a chance to book, and Disney knows if there are spots left, they will open up ticket sales.

I hear what you are saying and agree that it wouldn't be fair for someone without tickets to get a chance ahead of someone with tickets. I agree that is not fair to those honest people who are planning to use the tickets themselves. My point is that there may be speculators out there who bought up a bunch of those ticket gift cards who will try to game the system for a profit and then resell it at much higher prices than the actual cost of the ticket. If that happens it will not be fair to the people who already purchased tickets to use for themselves at all, not to mention the rest of us resort reservation holders without tickets regardless of whether we are DVC or cash. I just want a fair shot at getting tickets and not have speculators to contend with.

When I called the day of the announcement that 2020 tickets were no longer being sold, I was told by a ticketing (not DVC) CM that the reason they had stopped selling tickets to the public was so that they could take care of people with resort reservations without tickets and specifically they said DVC reservation holders as well. So, I kept my reservation in October feeling reassured that I would have a chance to buy 2020 tickets. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong about speculators and that even if it does happen that Disney fixes it. I'm going to keep my 2020 reservation and hope for the best!

I am hoping that they will extend tickets to those of us who have 2020 reservations as well.

Not yet...they have to give everyone with tickets a chance first. While they know about onsite, they do not know about all the rest.

Places like swan and dolphin, and other hotels count. There are also tickets bought by offsite guests out there and Disney has no real way of knowing how many there are.

I think this is why they are pausing 2020. So yes, it is upsetting for DVC and cash guests, they don’t want to sell you something now that won’t get you in.

I hear what you are saying and agree that it wouldn't be fair for someone without tickets to get a chance ahead of someone with tickets. I agree that is not fair to those honest people who are planning to use the tickets themselves. My point is that there may be speculators out there who bought up a bunch of those ticket gift cards who will try to game the system for a profit and then resell it at much higher prices than the actual cost of the ticket. If that happens it will not be fair to the people who already purchased tickets to use for themselves at all, not to mention the rest of us resort reservation holders without tickets regardless of whether we are DVC or cash. I just want a fair shot at getting tickets and not have speculators to contend with.

When I called the day of the announcement that 2020 tickets were no longer being sold, I was told by a ticketing (not DVC) CM that the reason they had stopped selling tickets to the public was so that they could take care of people with resort reservations without tickets and specifically they said DVC reservation holders as well. So, I kept my reservation in October feeling reassured that I would have a chance to buy 2020 tickets. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong about speculators and that even if it does happen that Disney fixes it. I'm going to keep my 2020 reservation and hope for the best!

I don’t know if people will be able to transfer a park reservation to someone else that is not part of your friends and family...and even that may not be possible.

So, I don’t think speculators can book things and then sell the tickets with those reservations.

Of course, nothing to stop someone with 2020 tickets now hijacking prices currently.

The CM who told you onsite guests would get tickets ahead of others may still be correct. When they start 2020 sales up, there very well could be a period that onsite guests are given a few days priority over the general public.

But, the initial announcement clearly said that all guests with tickets would be allowed first crack before any new tickets will be sold.

Lets hope that things happen quick enough and that capacity rises and everyone gets what they need and want.

I assume they selling tickets at the gate as long as there is park availability?

I assume they selling tickets at the gate as long as there is park availability?

Not for 2020 yet. Nothing will be sold until after this initial time when park reservations open. There is an email out there from a TA who said they are thinking 2020 sales should resume in a few weeks.

Officially, Disney said later this summer....

right so i would call DVC cause i need a DVC AP? they open 9

cause Disney always cared more about the once in a lifetime trip vs us all the time DVC owners.
I called DVC when my AP purchase failed. They were no help. And yes, I've known a long time that Disney is not all that into us. They much prefer the once in a lifetime guest who comes to WDW with a wide open wallet.

Not yet...they have to give everyone with tickets a chance first. While they know about onsite, they do not know about all the rest.

Places like swan and dolphin, and other hotels count. There are also tickets bought by offsite guests out there and Disney has no real way of knowing how many there are.

I think this is why they are pausing 2020. So yes, it is upsetting for DVC and cash guests, they don’t want to sell you something now that won’t get you in.
I agree with this as the reason as well, and was going to say the same thing. They may know how many tickets have been bought but not what the non on-site hotel ticket holders (including APs reserving Halloween, Christmas, etc..) will do.

At the VERY LEAST Disney/DVC guests should be allowed to purchase tickets BEFORE offsite guests book park reservations. The Disney resort reservation should have priority.

At the VERY LEAST Disney/DVC guests should be allowed to purchase tickets BEFORE offsite guests book park reservations. The Disney resort reservation should have priority.

Well, Disney decided existing ticket holders are the priority Again, I said this before, no matter what order they decided, people would be unhappy.

IMO, I do not think onsite guests without tickets should be allowed to jump in front of those who bought tickets as tickets get you in the park

Everyone had an opportunity to purchase tickets for 2020 trips up to May 28th, 2020. I get why people wait as until FP, no need to have them, or had to delay for costs, etc.

But, obviously some offsite guests did choose to buy them way ahead of time, and therefore, get to try first,

Not something everyone will agree on. As I said, some AP ticket holders believe they should have been allowed to book at the same time as onsite guests too,

Only people really happy right now are those with tickets and onsite reservations.

I think they mean resort only reservations booked with Disney that can be upgraded to packages on the 24th. I hope not as I am in the same boat, but you also have to realize if your trip isn't for 2021 then you have to wait until the 28th when tickets for 2021 are available as those haven't been released yet.

I think they mean resort only reservations booked with Disney that can be upgraded to packages on the 24th. I hope not as I am in the same boat, but you also have to realize if your trip isn't for 2021 then you have to wait until the 28th when tickets for 2021 are available as those haven't been released yet.

The 24th is also only for 2021 tickets. I think different CMs give different answers,

So, on the 24th, I’d call if I had a DVC 2021 trip with no tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter