DVC Tech Glitch of the Day

skylynx

DIS Sponsor in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
So...I'm super anxious to check all my upcoming reservations in light of the disappearing AKV reservations that are the subject of another current thread.

I go to log in to my DVC and suddenly it no longer recognizes my username and password. I scrutinize it and confirm I am typing it correctly. I use the same name/password on the DCL website to check my cruise reservations, and it still works there. I return to the dvcmember.com to request the password to be resent, just in case, and it says it can't even do that because my email address (which is my username) isn't recognized.

Grr. I call MS. The first person transfers me to another. She tells me I must be typing it wrong. I assure her I am not typing it wrong. She tells me there's nothing she can do about it, then says she has to notify the tech people who will hopefully contact me in "a few business days." I am not surprised, as I know MS isn't able to fix anything technological.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what was the outcome (and the time duration before the outcome?)

It happened to me yesterday, and it's happened in the past. I logged in like I always do and it send me to the screen for first time visitors. I've noticed that it happens mostly when I log in through dvcmember.com. If I go to disneyvacationclub.com and then click on the "for members only" tab, then it works fine. :confused3 It doesn't happen every time.

Hmmm tried to log in through the disneyvacationclub.com route and this time I couldn't even get to the page where I'd type my username and password in...just got an error message saying my vacation club credentials could not be validated and to call MS. Oh well!

Hmmm tried to log in through the disneyvacationclub.com route and this time I couldn't even get to the page where I'd type my username and password in...just got an error message saying my vacation club credentials could not be validated and to call MS. Oh well!

Wow, I've never seen that. Sorry I can't help.

It happened to me about a month ago. Member services had to reissue passwords for both myself and my husband and "reset" the system, whatever that means! It took about 45 min to get resolved. MS never could tell me why this happened! They seemed just as befuddled as I was. :confused3

Good Luck!
Shan

you have the same user/pass for
disney.com and espn.com - all old go.com
sites. you could try logging on those

That exact thing happened to me a few months ago and I finally called and then it was fixed in a day. Then just yesterday that same thing happened to me I get the new user page and can't get in. Today I logged in just fine and last week I had no problem. But I would try the cookie thing that was mentioned too. :goodvibes Good luck.

I think I am going to bookmark this thread and refer posters to it the next time someone says it would be really easy for Disney to allow members to book online. :teeth:

I think I am going to bookmark this thread and refer posters to it the next time someone says it would be really easy for Disney to allow members to book online. :teeth:

The old saying about the difficulties of making a silk purse from a sow's ear comes to mind...

There were changes made within the past couple of days to the login page which could have caused it.

I guess I was a little underwhelmed with the announcement they were redoing their DVC website in the latest Vacation Magic. I'd rather they work on getting everything they have now working correctly than worrying about prettying up the site and adding new features that can be glitchy.

I agree. Online reservations???? People are making them over the phone and they're poofing now.

I have trouble at times logging in. We have a Mac and once when I called they told me it was because I have a Mac! Doesn't make sense to me! Anyway, my passwords are "saved" and so when I open the site it automatically appears and Saturday it was gone and I couldn't log in at all. I tried putting it in and it would send me back to the 1st time visitor page too! The next day it all worked fine, so I would assume they are having some problems!

I tried clearing cookies, rebooting, using a different computer, but still can't log in. The Disney website FAQ/Help menu says the solution to my problem is that I should type my username and password correctly. I found an "accounts" link at the bottom of the FAQ page, and the option to have my account info emailed. Great! I get the email, and it contains a "view account info" link and when I follow it, the only username there is one from three years ago I used to buy something from the Disney Store online. The username/password I've been using to access my trips on DCL for the last two years and the DVC stuff for the last few months has apparently vanished. So my options are to wait and see if some technology person magically fixes things so I have access back, or call either MS or DCL again and ask for more immediate action (as now I can't access my DCL reservations either, when originally it was only DVC stuff I couldn't access).

I think what's most disturbing is how hard it is to find who is the right person/department to ask for help about technical issues. You get shuffled from person to person and only maybe end up with someone who can truly help six or seven connections down the line.

The saga continues....

I've had this happen at least a half dozen times over the past two years, and like Denise am shuffled around and around and around.

Other companies can create effective, usable websites. why can't Disney? They really need to drop the IT contract that they signed with Goofy and get Gyro Gearloose on the project!

I had the same problem where the screen said something to the effect of "Unable to confirm membership please contact member services. . ." I did, almost 2 weeks later it's magically fixed but they did lose my e-mail address so I had to re-establish it to begin receiving e-mails again. I have been a member for 10 years now and this is the first time I have had trouble with their login losing my info since they began making us log in with our own ids and passwords. . . Somebody was supposed to get back with me. Nope, didn't hear a thing!!

SimbaCub
VWL Thanksgiving 2007
VWL Week before Christmas 2007 with friends

I agree. Online reservations???? People are making them over the phone and they're poofing now.

You are right about the dreadful state of the current system. The problem is that reservations are not hand written into a ledger when members call for reservations. They are stored in... yes, a computer. So if the current system is inadequate, as most seem to feel it is, then any enhancements are likely to inherit the failings of the original system.

It's not the current or future enhancements that are to blame but the foundation (or sow's ear) upon which DVC is forced to build these new modules.

OK so finally, today, after two calls to MS the problem is resolved and I have access again to the DVC member website. It took not only "refreshing" the original PIN given to us when we joined by MS (which didn't work) to giving a new PIN, then asking for my password to be resent as if I'd forgotten it. This whole thing took six days to resolve, including 8 calls to MS (and so 8 times telling my same story, just adding on to each what the last person I talked to suggested that didn't work).

I'll hush up about it now, but what a fiasco.

Class clown award goes to the tech help email respondent, whose response to my long, detailed description of my problem was "call member services at 800.."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter