Eat at Home 3!

I haven't posted since a couple of days after Christmas. While we were at home with Covid/post Covid during quarantine, we at every meal at home. However, both of us went back to work this week. I had lunch out 3 days (although 2 of them were with gift cards I got for Christmas) as well as today (another gift card), DW ate out 3 lunches and we ate dinner out twice.

All that said, we need to get back onto the eating at home thing. We just placed a $100+ Walmart pickup order, so maybe we can start back to begin the week.

Will post this week's menu when I got a little more time.

I love this thread and it always inspires me, but I haven't posted for months. Partly b/c with cancer now, and a "touchy tummy", I usually decide at about 2pm what we'll eat for the day unless I have something I HAVE to use. So, I keep a lot of fresh produce and defrostable meats (and a few fish) and make a call if I need bland healthy comfort or if I can spice it up:). Today, it's the "have to use" category, so I know what we're eating (and I have bland leftovers that I'll avoid eating at lunch in case I need them)...hope this inspires someone like you all inspire me:)...

Sunday (Today) - Korean Beef Bulgogi (bought the meat pre-cut and marinated at Hmart for $4.99/lb, and it's the type of very tender, very thin red meat I do well on:)) Rice Bowls with Caramelized Onion, Green Onion, Seafood Mushrooms, Shredded Carrot, Shredded Ginger, Garlic, and Bell Pepper (I have spinach, too, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow), Sliced Asian Pears

Me too, especially when I can flavor it different ways and throw it in the crock pot! The last one I made I did with more southwest seasonings and then made enchiladas with the leftover meat and sauce and some tortillas I was trying to use up- they turned out so delicious! The moistness from the tender meat and sauce kept the enchiladas from drying out when reheated in the oven.

Since I make it so infrequently (it is a multi day meal and chuck roast can be expensive) I really only make it the same way my mom did. It's true comfort food for me. Every so often if I can get a good sale on chuck roast, I will use it for french dip sandwiches.

Here is my plan for this week:
Sunday-Tuesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans
Wednesday-Friday: Chicken tacos (I put bell pepper, onion, and corn in with the ground chicken), cuban black beans

Breakfasts will be egg sandwiches with egg, avocado, and cheese with a banana on the side.
Lunches will be chicken salad sandwiches or soup. I have some cherry tomatoes that I may eat on the side.

We are doing keto/low carb.

Sunday- Zuppa Tuscana soup

Monday- pork chops in a bacon mushroom sauce with riced cauliflower and roasted asparagus

Tuesday- sautéed shrimp with roasted Brussel sprouts

Wednesday- keto chili

Thursday- dh and I will try out some frozen keto meals we ordered. The boys will have spaghetti and meatballs.

Friday-back to the grocery and new menu week.

Hi All and Happy New Year,

I haven't posted in a while but I'm still cooking yippee. I never thought I'd miss my office or so so ready to not have prep or have ideas for 3 meals a day. Luckily my husband isn't picky, I'm just tired feeling like I'm running short order kitchen.

Saturday night (yesterday)- homemade french bread pizzas with salads
Sunday---roasted veggies stuffed shells with light cream sauce and garlicky green beans and some fruit
Monday---spicy shrimp stir fry with coconut rice
Tuesday---quiche with goat cheese, spinach and tomatoes and salad
Wednesday---orange beef with spicy udon noodle bowls with veggies
Thursday---meatloaf, mashed potatoes and veggie
Fri-Sun---GIRLS weekend!! I'm not cooking darn thing! Good luck to my husband!

On a note.. 549258 this chicken has been life saver! It's uncooked panko breaded chicken that I buy at Costco. I use it in so many ways from salads to sandwiches and this past week baked chicken parm. If someone look for a time saver for easy meals, this is it!

Happy New Year!
I’m going to join in. I’m excited about working from home, budgeting and saving some money😊

Tomorrow I’m going to make an inventory list of my pantry and freezer.

Week of 1/10/21

Sun-steak, baked potato, green beans and a salad

Mon- Taco Salad

Tues- crockpot chicken, potatoes ,carrots

Wed- in n out. We had to run errands and got home late 7pm

Th- tuna sandwich and broccoli cheese soup

Fri- shrimp scampi and salad

Sat-try making gortitas for the first time

Sun- I will update after panty/freezer inventory

Last edited:
On a note.. View attachment 549258 this chicken has been life saver! It's uncooked panko breaded chicken that I buy at Costco. I use it in so many ways from salads to sandwiches and this past week baked chicken parm. If someone look for a time saver for easy meals, this is it!

Always looking for time saver easy meals! Chronic fatigue and pain makes some nights SO difficult, but I also know I need to eat well so I will feel better. It's a vicious cycle! Feel like crud, eat like crud, feel more like crud...

Hi All and Happy New Year,

I haven't posted in a while but I'm still cooking yippee. I never thought I'd miss my office or so so ready to not have prep or have ideas for 3 meals a day. Luckily my husband isn't picky, I'm just tired feeling like I'm running short order kitchen.

Saturday night (yesterday)- homemade french bread pizzas with salads
Sunday---roasted veggies stuffed shells with light cream sauce and garlicky green beans and some fruit
Monday---spicy shrimp stir fry with coconut rice
Tuesday---quiche with goat cheese, spinach and tomatoes and salad
Wednesday---orange beef with spicy udon noodle bowls with veggies
Thursday---meatloaf, mashed potatoes and veggie
Fri-Sun---GIRLS weekend!! I'm not cooking darn thing! Good luck to my husband!

On a note.. View attachment 549258 this chicken has been life saver! It's uncooked panko breaded chicken that I buy at Costco. I use it in so many ways from salads to sandwiches and this past week baked chicken parm. If someone look for a time saver for easy meals, this is it!

Ooh! Can you please post your spicy shrimp stir fry and orange beef with spicy udon noodle bowl recipes?

I love this thread and it always inspires me, but I haven't posted for months. Partly b/c with cancer now, and a "touchy tummy", I usually decide at about 2pm what we'll eat for the day unless I have something I HAVE to use. So, I keep a lot of fresh produce and defrostable meats (and a few fish) and make a call if I need bland healthy comfort or if I can spice it up:). Today, it's the "have to use" category, so I know what we're eating (and I have bland leftovers that I'll avoid eating at lunch in case I need them)...hope this inspires someone like you all inspire me:)...

Sunday (Today) - Korean Beef Bulgogi (bought the meat pre-cut and marinated at Hmart for $4.99/lb, and it's the type of very tender, very thin red meat I do well on:)) Rice Bowls with Caramelized Onion, Green Onion, Seafood Mushrooms, Shredded Carrot, Shredded Ginger, Garlic, and Bell Pepper (I have spinach, too, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow), Sliced Asian Pears

That sounds delish! I wish we had an Hmart close to us!

That sounds delish! I wish we had an Hmart close to us!

Yeah, I love my Hmart - it fills in for "food network" produce, cheap produce, fresh fish, marinated tender meat, and ethnic ingredients so well (my particular one has a produce department about 6 aisles deep and wide - it's amazing what you can find - like a whole row of just different types of mushrooms)...when combined with Aldi's trips (for cheap staples and produce) and Safeway trips (for my allergy foods), I eat well. I usually look at the 3 every week, and then my fridge and pantry, and decide which 1 or 2 I'll hit - I never do all 3 in a week, b/c I don't have the time:)...

Tonight, we're having chicken fajita taco "filling" (chicken, caramelized onions/bell peppers/zucchini, taco seasoning) over seasoned black beans (onion/bell pepper/tomato/lime/s&p) with lettuce, diced avocado, salsa, and real and fake sour cream (and cheese for the kids) and some pineapple and blueberries...

Last edited:
Tomorrow we have cinnamon bread for breakfast, leftover soup for lunch, spaghetti for dinner. We have a surplus of eggs again so probably time for a fritatta and maybe bacon and biscuits on Sunday. Then steaks, mac and cheese, and green beans on Monday. Or maybe reverse the last 2 but that's as far as I can think at the moment.

I haven't posted on here for so long. Good to "see" some familiar faces. I am still working from home, I have been since 3/24/2020. I got into such a rut. I cook at home 90% of the time and lost my inspiration to be creative with my meals. I am hoping to get into some better habits again with the new year. I have stopped assigning meals to certain days of the week but come up with 4-5 different ones and then eat leftovers.

Tonight I had a sandwich with chips and fruit, I grocery shopped after work tonight.

The rest of the week
Apple Cheddar turkey meatloaf with roasted potatoes and corn.
Steak fajitas with chips and salsa
Kielbasa, Potato and Brussel sprout sheet pan supper
Pasta with vegetable marinara and salad
Chicken paprika with noodles and glazed carrots

Yay plan. I am having a very low energy day and grocery shopping wore me down bad.

Tonight: Glazed salmon with broccoli and red onion over rice
Sunday - Tuesday: One-Pot Pork Roast with Garlic, Carrot and Potato
Wednesday/Thursday: Chicken rubens with mac and cheese
Friday/Saturday: Chicken and artichoke meal from Aldi over pasta

Trying to eat cheaply and I don't enjoy cooking during the week so nothing special planned but figured I'd share. Looking for healthy cheap, easy meals for next week.

Saturday- Steak made in pan with olive oil and butter, asparagus, and hawaiian rolls
Sunday- Seasoned chicken breast with cheesy broccoli from frozen aisle
Monday- Hamburger helper (4 cheese lasagna)
Tuesday- Leftovers or Grilled Cheese
Wednesday- Kraft Mac n Cheese
Thursday- Spaghetti and marinara
Friday- Leftovers or grilled cheese

Lunch- Cesar Salad Kits

I haven't posted on here for so long. Good to "see" some familiar faces. I am still working from home, I have been since 3/24/2020. I got into such a rut. I cook at home 90% of the time and lost my inspiration to be creative with my meals. I am hoping to get into some better habits again with the new year. I have stopped assigning meals to certain days of the week but come up with 4-5 different ones and then eat leftovers.

Tonight I had a sandwich with chips and fruit, I grocery shopped after work tonight.

The rest of the week
Apple Cheddar turkey meatloaf with roasted potatoes and corn.
Steak fajitas with chips and salsa
Kielbasa, Potato and Brussel sprout sheet pan supper
Pasta with vegetable marinara and salad
Chicken paprika with noodles and glazed carrots
I think I'm going to plan 4 to 5 meals myself. I plan a different meal usually 6 days a week and I have leftovers that I don't account for. I made hamburger stroganoff and beef and broccoli. Hubby has had each twice this week and there is still another serving of stroganoff left for him. I think your idea of 4-5 meals planned is the way to go for us!!

Gonna try to post my meal ideas here, and as I feel one way or the other, put them into days:)...so this week...

- Frozen Pizzas (including my vegan one) with Blueberries and Navel Oranges (this is tonight so I can watch football:))
- "Poor Man's Cioppino" with a "dressed up" Safeway Cioppino sauce, frozen mussels, canned clams, frozen shrimp, and canned tuna (yeah, this is slumming, but so is taking a jarred sauce and adapting - this will be a 1st for me:)), Homemade Bread, Chopped Salad (Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Avocado, Shredded Carrot, Celery, Croutons)
- Dairy-free Sausage and Gravy (with Shredded Carrot, Onion, Green Onion, Mushrooms, Celery) over Mashed Potatoes with Banana Chocolate Muffins and Red Grapes
- Pork BBQ Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Bacon Potato Salad (Bacon, Steam-able Potatoes, Celery, Bell Pepper, Onion, S&P, Mayo), Apple Slices
- Gluten and Dairy Free Aldi Chicken Bites in Orange Chicken Sauce, Veg Fried Rice, More Navel Oranges
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken, Stewed Collard Greens, "Fried" Apples, Cinnamon Pear Muffins
- OUT

The Sausage Gravy and Aldi Chicken Bites are my "low energy" or "need comfort bland food" meals:)...Cioppino will be when I feel very good:)...

Tonight and tomorrow we are having leftovers. this is the plan for the rest of the week.
chilli scoops cheddar
breakfast for dinner
chicken tacos
Leftovers
hamburger helper for him. Shrimp tacos on lettuce shells for me.
this week is going to be a lazy week cooking wise. It's pretty much leftover week. The chili and the chicken for tacos are cooked and were leftovers from other meals. I just put what was left in the freezer. I literally just have to defrost it and warm it up in the microwave. Tonight and tomorrow will be the same thing. I have hamburger stroganoff left for my husband and leftover Italian sausage and peppers. I'm still doing low carb . I won't touch the hamburger stroganoff but any other leftovers I can eat. No scoops for me though.

Found an app called flash food. Got some amazing deals. Meats , produce , and baked goods at reduced prices. No more grocery spending this month unless I am out of milk or produce. I need to use up what I have. My fridge and freezer are ridiculously packed.

Haven’t posted here before but have definitely found this helpful for inspiration. Thank you everyone! I’m aiming to cook more this year, though it’s a struggle. I just don’t enjoy it and my work days are long. Going to give it my best :) Our week plan, as of now

Sunday: orange chicken with rice
Monday: salsa chicken
Tuesday: pot roast with crescent rolls
Wednesday: leftover pot roast
Thursday: pizza
Friday: probably take out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter