Eat at Home 3!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!! We have tons of leftovers to up. Yesterday I made the turkey. It was 20 pounds. I also have a piece of steak and a serving of leftover roast. I am back on a low carb diet. My goal this week is to find ways to use up that turkey and what ever leftovers I can.

Sunday leftover roasted turkey and leftover sides
Monday leftover beef stew from the freezer for hubby. Asian Turkey salad with peanut dressing
Tuesday Aldis red bag chicken sandwiches for him sliced leftover steak peppers and onions for me.
Wednesday Turkey pot pie filling over biscuits for him. I will have just the filling. Making a low carb version.
Thursday steak shrimp steamed veggies from freezer and baked potato for him.
Friday our daughter will be cooking dinner. I will probably have another round of Asian chicken salad with peanut dressing.
Saturday Turkey teriyaki stir fry rice casserole. I will not have any rice, just turkey.and veggies. Teriyaki sauce is sugar free and low carb for mine.

Only planning here as far as NYE. Then my meals will get lots healthier . . .

Monday: Convenience meal (all Costco premade stuff): Orange chicken, fried rice, Chinese bbq ribs, kale salad
Tuesday: Shrimp fra diavolo on linguine with caesar salad
Wednesday: Homemade combination pizza
Thursday: Thomas Keller's steak frites recipe, salad

Already have a change up.

Monday: Chicken noodle soup and maybe a grilled cheese
Tuesday will still be the honey garlic chicken.

I just don't feel well tonight and I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. I did see a doctor today though and got some meds I will pick up tomorrow. Right now I am cold and tired and I don't want to leave bed.

Lets see how we do!
Tonight/Sunday: Leftover lasagna and garlic bread
Monday/Tuesday: Baked honey garlic chicken, rice, broccoli
Wednesday: Pan fried tilapia, asparagus
Thursday: Snacks and apps - cheese and crackers, perogies, pig in a blanket, olives, cheesecake dip with apples and graham crackers
Friday: Easy Singapore Noodles

I have never eaten at home more than I have the last week.

My wife was diagnosed with Covid on Dec. 22, and I was forced into quarantine (I now am having symptoms). Anyway, we've been eating at home since then. We did grocery pickup at Walmart, and my parents also made a trip to the grocery store for us. We haven't eaten out since I went and got drive through Whataburger breakfast for us on Christmas Eve.

So, here's what we've been having (lots of prepared type stuff, easy to cook/warmup stuff):
Christmas Eve: boxed lasagna and garlic bread;
Christmas Day: boxed meat loaf and mashed potatoes;
Christmas Night: leftover lasagna and crackers;
Saturday: Leftover meat loaf and rice for lunch, Chicken sandwich and Suddenly Salad (pasta) for dinner;
Sunday: ham and turkey sandwich, banana and chips for lunch, frozen pizza for dinner;
Monday: Chicken sandwiches for lunch, chicken noodle soup for dinner;

That's through today. Also we've eaten breakfast every day at home. We had eggs and biscuits Sunday, waffles Saturday, cinnamon rolls Friday and boxed donuts today.

It's been really weird because we normally eat out 2-3 times per day. Yep, I said per day. I seemed to always eat healthier when I eat out, plus it's cheaper. It's just DW and I, and we don't really eat leftovers. So it's easier and cheaper just to grab something out. Plus, we usually split a meal whenever we eat out.

Anyway, I think this has turned a page for us to start eating at home more often. Now we've got to move away from boxed/easy to prepare meals like what we've been eating since we've had Covid. That will change, hopefully, when we're over this. We'll cook more often (like grilled/baked chicken, crock pots etc.).

Whew, last time I was here was EAH2!

Monday- spaghetti, salads
Tuesday- roasted chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday- beef and sweet potato hash
Thursday- dinner out on gift card
Friday- ???

Whew, last time I was here was EAH2!

Monday- spaghetti, salads
Tuesday- roasted chicken, baked potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday- beef and sweet potato hash
Thursday- dinner out on gift card
Friday- ???

Oh. Friday will have to be some sort of chicken dish because I have a very large bird and even the small ones net us 2-3 meals. Maybe a chicken taco meal and then a pot of soup for the weekend.

Started the day with a pot of coffee and cinnamon bread, plus yogurt and apples for the kids. A little later we made smoothies with overripe bananas, the last of the frozen fruit mix, almond milk, and a chia/flax/hemp mix. Then we filled water bottles and grabbed some nuts and fruit/veggie squeeze pouches for the park. Lunch is some random Ramen they asked for the last time we grocery shopped. The roasted chicken and baking potatoes go into the oven at 4.

I think I need to beat this sinus infection before I try to cook more. Once work is over for the day, I am exhausted. Cooking is just not happening. Even making hashbrowns and eggs this morning for breakfast had me wanting a nap after. Got my antibiotics today so fingers crossed that by next week I will be feeling better.

So tonight I am ordering Thai food which will be enough for dinner tomorrow as well. Gonna still keep my plans for Thursday and Friday since I am off Friday (yay holiday pay!). I am also going to go back over my plans for next week to try and make things as easy as possible.

Happy New year everyone!!! Glad to.see your posts!! Lilly and wdwfan- I hope you both are feeling better!! Missbrit glad you are back!! Your menus look amazing!!

Sunday we had baked tilapia, California blend steamed.veggies, husband had a pasta side.

Tonight crockpot.pork roast, carrots mashed potatoes for husband

Tuesday baked salmon, green beans, leftover pasta side for hubby

Wednesday breakfast for dinner

Thursday burger night

Friday chili
Saturday leftover night

Mmm Lisa fish sounds so good right now.

We are back to spaghetti tonight at the youngest one's request. For lunch we finished off the soup we had last night. I think tomorrow will be Mississippi roast and mashed potatoes and green beans.

Monday- pot roast in the crockpot with carrots and potatoes and salad
Tuesday- spaghetti squash, pasta and ground Turkey bake (this is so good)
Wednesday- oven “fried” chicken tenders, salad and broccoli
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- eat out at my favorite ramen joint. It’s the weekend!

Monday: Meat sauce and pasta that I made ahead(lots of veggies in the meat sauce)
Tuesday: Baked rigatoni with chicken sausage and broccoli, fried tostones
Wed: Order out indian
Thursday: Cheese spaetzle with fried onions and tomato soup
Friday: Baked pork with asparagus and rolls.
Saturday: Looking at this thread for inspiration!!

Mississippi roast and veggies tonight, and I just picked up ingredients for unstuffed cabbage rolls for tomorrow. Friday will be leftovers.

We were gifted with a smoke brisket and smoked turkey over the holidays. I divided up the brisket and turkey meat into recipe-sized portions and made stock with the turkey carcass then put everything into the freezer. We also have leftovers from New Year to use up.

Wednesday
Hoppin’ John
Mustard greens with tasso
Cornbread

Thursday
Brisket nachos
Avocado salad

Friday
Deconstructed turkey pot pie
Green beans

Saturday
Turkey tortilla soup
Cornbread
Salad

Happy New Year! I have a goal to reduce my grocery budget this year so meal planning is going to be critical.

Sunday: Mock Chipotle bowls (chicken, rice, corn, black beans, salsa)
Monday: Buffalo chickpeas with sweet potato
Tuesday: Beef stroganoff, green beans
Wednesday: Baked cod, potato wedges
Thursday: Turkey Sausage, Hominy casserole
Friday: Homemade pizza

I hope to remember to post next weekend. Still finishing up the pot roast I made Sunday (I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pot roast) and will be making kung pao chicken and noodles tomorrow with roasted cauliflower. Then it will be shopping day.

Hey ya'll! I was around here a while ago and fell off the face of Dis for a while. We're expecting baby #3 in July so I'm trying to reduce our monthly grocery bill and make actual meal plans to get in the habit before he gets here. I get 4 months off completely paid this time, and I feel like I'll be able to do a lot more cooking then. I can't wait to get some good inspiration from you guys to get us out of our rut.

The next couple days are finishing up leftovers that are growing wildly in my fridge. Tonight I'm actually going to come up with some kind of meal plan and grocery list. Hope this thread keeps me accountable!

Still finishing up the pot roast I made Sunday (I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pot roast)
Me too, especially when I can flavor it different ways and throw it in the crock pot! The last one I made I did with more southwest seasonings and then made enchiladas with the leftover meat and sauce and some tortillas I was trying to use up- they turned out so delicious! The moistness from the tender meat and sauce kept the enchiladas from drying out when reheated in the oven.

Hey ya'll! I was around here a while ago and fell off the face of Dis for a while. We're expecting baby #3 in July so I'm trying to reduce our monthly grocery bill and make actual meal plans to get in the habit before he gets here. I get 4 months off completely paid this time, and I feel like I'll be able to do a lot more cooking then. I can't wait to get some good inspiration from you guys to get us out of our rut.

The next couple days are finishing up leftovers that are growing wildly in my fridge. Tonight I'm actually going to come up with some kind of meal plan and grocery list. Hope this thread keeps me accountable!

Congratulations on your upcoming new addition! The good thing I think about more people in the family- it means less likelihood of leftovers going to waste! Sounds like you're all prepped to plan and get off one the right foot once the baby arrives.

I haven't posted since before Christmas, but we've been eating at home except our normal take out after church on Saturday nights. DS1 was home from Wed. night-Sun. afternoon both the weekend of Christmas and the weekend of New Year's, and his GF was home (her parents live like 5 minutes from us) the whole 2 weeks because she was teleworking, so we had some really nice visiting time and I was making a ton of food. DH and I spent last week eating up the leftovers and variations I made of things to use them up. This week and into the next the plan is:

Hawaiian sliders (to use up the last of the Christmas ham)
cheesesteak sandwiches with veggies
white chili
basil pork chops with rosemary potatoes
pineapple glazed chicken with rice
Greek sausage pasta toss
Southwest meatloaf with seasoned corn
Southern pork chops with cooked carrots and biscuits

Hello everyone and happy New year!!! Good to see you all here!!
Heres what's on my menu for the upcoming week
1)Aldis red bag chicken sandwiches and seasoned fries for hubby. Chicken legs with spice rub and green beans for me
2)air fryer spiced rubbed pork chops , mashed potato for him, cucumber salad
3) chili scoops for him
4) baked salmon, veggies from freezer, pasta side for him
5) hamburger stroganoff for him leftover chicken and veggies
6) leftovers
7)chicken Italian sausage with peppers and onions rolls for him salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter