Eating @ Disney for $10/Meal? (Gluten Free)

My daughter's dance team is competing in UDA Nationals February 2-4. The coach said they were giving the kids $10/meal. DD eats gluten free and is super picky. This isn't the first time we've been to the parks, but we never eat a lot when we are there. I usually send food to the resort (Amazon Prime) and pick up some groceries, which I do plan to do for this trip, too. However, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on eating gluten free and cheaply in the parks. DD is used to carrying around food every where she goes (yes, she is THAT picky) so I'm sure it will be the case then, too. I even told her I would get her a new Kavu bag for this trip instead of spending the money on park/resort food.

Most QS meals are minimally $9.99 with most averaging more like $12.99, and that doesn't include a drink or desert. Kids meals are more in the $6-$8 range, and do include a drink. I think you should take look at the menu for each place your daughter might want to eat and figure out what options would work for her, and consider the prices. She should also remember to ask at each restaurant about the gluten free options and speak to the chef whenever possible, there might be things available that are not listed on the regular menu. And I'd probably give my child extra money to be sure that she had enough.

She could eat pizza (gf). Do they usually allow non-kids (she's 15) to eat kids meals?
Yes. At quick service restaurants even I eat kids meals frequently, and my 14 year old son has never had a problem ordering kids meals, even at sit down restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter