eBay Dreams Contest items and Treasure Detector Magic

bevgray said:
I'm wondering how difficult the Mickey's will be to find. If there is only one a day, it could be quite an "Easter egg" hunt. There are hundreds of categories on Ebay so it may take some time to find a Mickey every day.
I don't think that this is an issue. If you read the official rules it states that the hidden mickey's will be found in the picture provided.

TO RECEIVE UP TO FIVE (5) ADDITIONAL ENTRIES PER DAY: You may obtain up to five (5) additional entries into the Sweepstakes per day during the Promotion Period by going to www.winit.ebay.com and clicking the link to the "Hidden Mickey" Web page. Once on the Web page, follow the instructions to find up to four (4) Mickey Mouse silhouettes hidden in the picture provided, and select the locations where they were found from each of the first four drop-down menus. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each location you choose that exactly matches the location chosen by Sponsor as correct. Receive one (1) additional entry in the Sweepstakes by identifying the Disney Theme Park location pictured from the fifth drop-down menu. Submit your answers along with your eBay User ID. You can change your location selections at any time during the day, but the last selections you submit, as received by 11:59:59 PM PT on the date specified on the Daily Drawing Entry Chart below, will be your final selections submitted for a Daily Drawing. Your selections must be correct in order to receive an entry. Limit five (5) entries per eBay User ID per day via this method.

Mnementh said:
Of course, it says you need to be 18 to enter. Wow... two VMK pins. I hope I can get both of those :)

I'll gladly trade anyone for them if I can't, though.
What?! You have to be 18?! That's just not fair.

LisaInNc said:
The whole thing strikes me as odd. I don't like that I can't find any mention of this sweepstakes anywhere on my ebay site.

It just seems off and I already wrote to ebay about it. I hope I am wrong but I am super cautious with ebay because there is a lot of well designed web sites and emails trying to get your ebay information.

PLEASE be careful.

Lisa-

This is a real eBay and Disney Contest.

VMK_KrazyLuke said:
This strikes me as odd. VMK doesnt want the selling or buying of Virtual items through eBay or other sites, but they have a promotional thing happening with eBay!?

LOL was my first thought too. Vmk is full on contradictions.

VMK_KrazyLuke said:
This strikes me as odd. VMK doesnt want the selling or buying of Virtual items through eBay or other sites, but they have a promotional thing happening with eBay!?

Will people please finally accept this as true and stop propagating the myth that it is "illegal" to sell VMK things on eBay? VMK has never once said it does not want people selling or buying on eBay. I have personal, first hand knowledge, that VMK has not banned eBay sellers who complained about being scammed by eBay buyers. The ONLY thing VMK bars, under its VMK values, is the sale or transfer of an account/character. VMK and eBay are actually partnering on this marketing venture. Would they do that if they considered it illegal to sell VMK cards and codes on eBay?

The "House Rules" state:
Don't buy or sell accounts or items. We reserve the right to cancel any player account that was bought or sold, or player accounts that have bought or sold items.

Plus there is the note on the back of every card from the parks that says "Virtual prizes may not be sold." I have no idea if that could be interpreted to it's illegal or not, but it is against the VMK rules at least. So, add me to the list of people who is completely bewildered as to why VMK would hold a promotion with Ebay. :confused3

darkacre said:
I have eBay mules, openly known to eBay. They are perfectly legal as long as they are not used to engage in fraud or shill bidding.
Does that mean i can hit you up for a Treasure Detector Pin if i dont get 1 since I only have 1 Ebay account?

I just got an e-mail from ebay about this contest...so all who are still worried, check your e-mail and ebay message box.

FrontierNatasha said:
What?! You have to be 18?! That's just not fair.

Oh really? Drat... seems my finger slipped and put 1988 instead of 1989...

I really should go to the Doctor's to get this whole thing sorted out. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this information. I just preregistered for the contest. I hope I can find those Mickeys - there are countless pages on eBay!

tolkien7 said:
Thanks for posting this information. I just preregistered for the contest. I hope I can find those Mickeys - there are countless pages on eBay!

They aren't going to be on random ebay pages. There will be one page with a picture of one of the Disney parks where you click "hidden mickeys" the mickeys will be within that one picture and you select the locations from drop down menus. It's actually fairly simple.

Pirate-Emery said:
Oh really? Drat... seems my finger slipped and put 1988 instead of 1989...

I really should go to the Doctor's to get this whole thing sorted out. :rolleyes:

I'll be 18 like four days after this contest ends. :rolleyes:
But that's okay, I convinced my parents AND grandparents to roll with me on this. No need to cheat the system (cough), I mean... take advantage of a physical infirmity... :rotfl2:

I'm so confused about this hidden mickey thing though. I understand how there will be one page, but do we have to have all four of them correct to win the VMK items? :confused3

So I'm confused, do we automatically get put in the contest if we get the vmk prizes? >_<

Lion

Alionette said:
So I'm confused, do we automatically get put in the contest if we get the vmk prizes? >_<

Lion
It seems there are two ways to be entered into the 'big contest' (for the trips) First either buy something with BIN or Auction to get On entry ( i belive it's one entry per item bought during the time frame)... And the other part is the Hidden mickey search, for up to 5 more entries...

Reporter: Hey VMK, who are you trying to attract?

VMK: Pre-teens... with Ebay/PayPal accounts and credit cards preferably.

VMK is a walking contradiction.. well.. if it had legs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter