Editing software

We are wanting to start a school paper for DD midle school. We need some advise on what kind of computer program to purchase. We want something simple for the kids to use, we do have several students that seem to be computer wiz's, we will have some color and we are going to have ads and coupons plus school pictures. Anybody have any experience with this? Any suggestions on what program to purchase? We hope to use lots of pictures mostly school size pictures.

Really you can use any word processor that lets you insert images and tables. I imagine that there are probably templates around for Word for this. If you want to go more professional you could use Quark.

Adobe illustrator which interacts well with photoshop. If you contact Adobe,they usually sell student versions very reasonably. These softwares are pretty easy to use and interact well with printing equipment.
http://tryit.adobe.com/us/cs5/student_teacher/tw1/?sdid=FXNQZ

Typical word processing applications don't always print very well in professional printing equipment and by the time you find this out, its too late because the work is all done. I've been in the printing industry for my entire career and have seen this over and over.

Invest in something quality from the beginning. you won't regret it. dont fall for those cheap word processing programs for doing a publication if you will want to print it.

We are wanting to start a school paper for DD midle school. We need some advise on what kind of computer program to purchase. We want something simple for the kids to use, we do have several students that seem to be computer wiz's, we will have some color and we are going to have ads and coupons plus school pictures. Anybody have any experience with this? Any suggestions on what program to purchase? We hope to use lots of pictures mostly school size pictures.

Hmmm, I'm a little confused about what you're trying to ask for. The title of your thread asks for "software suggestion for pictures", but it sounds like you're actually asking about software for creating a newspaper or newsletter.

Also, I didn't quite understand how large "school size pictures" normally are. :confused:

Anyway, the gold-standard software program for creating & designing publications would be either Adobe InDesign or QuarkXPress (as photo_chick already mentioned above). However, I wonder if these programs might be too much for middle school students. I would probably recommend these programs for high school students or higher.

Probably another option to consider would be Microsoft Publisher. It seems to be an entry-level publishing program that's geared toward making it easy-to-use and what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) page layout design. I wonder if this might be more appropriate for middle school kids.

Also, where do you plan to print your newspapers? When I was in middle school, I think they were just double-sided photocopies on standard 8.5 x 11" colored paper. I highly doubt my middle school newspaper was actually sent to a professional printer. Of course, things have probably changed TONS since I was in middle school. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter