Expedition Everest Challenge 2014

I've only done EE once but it has to be one of my favorite races. It's so much fun and I look forward to the next time I can go. Not sure it's going to be 2014.

DH and I are thinking about doing this...need info from veterans of this race.

It's not 100% confirmed that DH will run, so it may just be me; has anyone done this race NOT as a team?

Does anyone have any experience with the EE Family Event (not the Kids' Races)? How long is it, are there obstacles, etc.?

Thanks! :)

DH and I are thinking about doing this...need info from veterans of this race.

It's not 100% confirmed that DH will run, so it may just be me; has anyone done this race NOT as a team?

Does anyone have any experience with the EE Family Event (not the Kids' Races)? How long is it, are there obstacles, etc.?

Thanks! :)

I did it solo last year and as a team two years ago. Not much difference, except not having someone to keep up/slow down for if they aren't running at the same speed you are.
My friend did it solo two years ago when there were three of us. We sort of made a team of three as she is legally blind and couldn't read the cards very well.
I enjoyed both experiences, but would favor doing it as a team if I were to do it again, as it is a bit more fun.

I did it solo last year and as a team two years ago. Not much difference, except not having someone to keep up/slow down for if they aren't running at the same speed you are.
My friend did it solo two years ago when there were three of us. We sort of made a team of three as she is legally blind and couldn't read the cards very well.
I enjoyed both experiences, but would favor doing it as a team if I were to do it again, as it is a bit more fun.

Thank you for the info! :)

Does anyone have any information about the EE Family Event, held earlier in the day? Distance, obstacles, etc. ?

Joining in... Really hoping EE will be my first RunDisney event too! :cool1: Love those type of races. Looked up the website on a whim (didn't even know Disney had this sort of race), mentioned it to my partner on a whim, and got the, "Sounds like fun. Maybe we should try it." :woohoo:

I've been doing the number crunching on the costs and with the RunDisney discounts on rooms, hopefully we will be signing up soon! Then I won't feel bad about wearing my RunDisney tech shirts! :rotfl2:

I am wanting to sign up for this for my first RunDisney race - as an individual. Not gonna lie ... the clue part worries me. I stink at brainteasers. I would like to stay at a host resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge looks very price but fabulous. Are there any special room rates for race participants? Discounted park tickets for race participants? I am considering flying in very early on race day, only staying race night , and taking a late flight the day after the race. Is that doable? :)

I am wanting to sign up for this for my first RunDisney race - as an individual. Not gonna lie ... the clue part worries me. I stink at brainteasers. I would like to stay at a host resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge looks very price but fabulous. Are there any special room rates for race participants? Discounted park tickets for race participants? I am considering flying in very early on race day, only staying race night , and taking a late flight the day after the race. Is that doable? :)

I've always done EEC as an individual. I couldn't get a friend to join me the first year, then just continued to make it an annual solo trip. I wouldn't worry too much about the clues. Just have fun with it and if you get really stuck, you can ask the volunteers for help.

Check the runDisney website for information about special room rates and park tickets. In the past I haven't found the room rates to be that much better than the promotional rates available to the general public, but the park ticket discounts are awesome!

Flying in on race day should be doable as long as you're okay with such a short trip and lack of sleep. I did a Friday-Sunday trip one year and it was fun, although I probably wouldn't do it again unless I lived closer to WDW.

So has anyone seen any discounts for this race? Either Disney Visa or DVC or AP even? I've been hunting, but I don't see anything.

I'm about to sign up for the nighttime 5k (this will be my first run, and I'm super excited), but wanted to know if anyone is doing the daytime Family run that I can glom on with. I can't get anyone to commit to running it, and I'd like to do both since I'll be down there.

Just registered for EE!! My first rundisney event. Question on the discounted tickets offered for participants. Are these not mailed to you in advance? It's an amazing discount but I don't want to wait until check in to receive them since I won't be able to customize FP+ in advance then.

Just registered for EE!! My first rundisney event. Question on the discounted tickets offered for participants. Are these not mailed to you in advance? It's an amazing discount but I don't want to wait until check in to receive them since I won't be able to customize FP+ in advance then.

Congrats on registering for your first RunDisney event! How exciting! I've always done will call in the past, but I've seen options to have the tickets mailed in advance. If you've registered, then you should have the code to log in to the discounted ticket site and see the details there... unless they've changed the process this year.

I don't know much about FP+ since EEC will be my first trip to WDW since it was released. Do you have to have your park ticket in hand in order to schedule FP+ ? How far out can FP+ be scheduled? I guess it's time to start planning again!

Also registered this is our first of many run disney events. Does any one know if you ordered extra party tickets do they mail them out or do you pick them up with your packet.:cool1:

I'm soooo on the fence about this race now! I changed our May dates to get it in for my first ever Disney run, but then I took the plunge and signed up through one of the travel agents for the Princess weekend 10k. Then I realized the 5k wasn't full yet and signed up for that. THEN I read that one of the charities still had spots for the half and signed up for that! Now I'm not sure I want to do Expedition Everest--which was the one I was originally going to do lol.

Definitely can't sign up before Christmas and this month's credit card bill closeout-- we're one of those couples who pay off our card every month, which helps keep me under control -- but if it's still open in January -- which I'm sure it will be -- I'll probably decide to do it.

Just what I needed --- another addiction in my life.:rotfl:

Congrats on registering for your first RunDisney event! How exciting! I've always done will call in the past, but I've seen options to have the tickets mailed in advance. If you've registered, then you should have the code to log in to the discounted ticket site and see the details there... unless they've changed the process this year. I don't know much about FP+ since EEC will be my first trip to WDW since it was released. Do you have to have your park ticket in hand in order to schedule FP+ ? How far out can FP+ be scheduled? I guess it's time to start planning again!

I was so stressed about it I emailed runDisney and they said you can have them mailed. WIN! Nothing like saving $60/person from your budget!

I know with FP+ you need to have park tickets linked to your Magic Band account in order to book your FP+ reservations. Right now, you can do them 60 days out. You can get tickets at check in and then register your FP+ then but who knows what times will be available for headliners, if at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter