February 2018 Check-in Thread

So guess who has the flu!! My daughter! Figures, right! A girl in her class was sent to school while sick, and the day after she spiked a fever, and most likely has the flu based on her symptoms (her doc was out of tests she said). Her mom (my friend) needed to pack for their Disney trip that night, so thought it was wise to send her in and infect everyone else, ugh!! Good thing I cancelled our trip!!
Sorry to hear your daughter is sick, hope she kicks it quick!
We are a week away from our trip. I’ve been very paranoid about illness the last week or so. All the kids around us (my daughter’s friends, my nephews and coworkers kids) have been sick the last couple weeks and I feel like it’s just a matter of time before it hits us

Sorry to hear your daughter is sick, hope she kicks it quick!
We are a week away from our trip. I’ve been very paranoid about illness the last week or so. All the kids around us (my daughter’s friends, my nephews and coworkers kids) have been sick the last couple weeks and I feel like it’s just a matter of time before it hits us

Thank you, I hope so also! She tested positive for Flu B, which the doctor said has been mild for most. She had a fever yesterday, but not so much today. Runny nose, legs are achey. We take so many vitamins, supplements, eat healthy, wash hands, send pure alcohol wipes for lunch, so I thought she would escape it. But, I guess there isn't much you can do when you are stuck in a small space with kids who are sick! Keeping my fingers crossed you don't get anything before your trip!

I'm also nervous about coming down with something before our trip! We leave on Thursday, but there's no school at all next week, so hopefully that will limit our exposure. But I've been working at the school all week doing a used book sale and swap, and every time I took money from a student I kept thinking about all the germs...and it didn't help that some of the kids were sniffling and coughing. Ugh. I used hand sanitizer and washed my hands as much as I could.

My daughter is sick with the flu right now. I am hoping no one else gets it in the house. We are supposed to leave for Disney next Saturday, fingers crossed she is all better and everyone else stays healthy.

I am going to be cancelling lunch at the Blue Bayou for a party of 6 for 2/26 at 11:30 If anyone is wanting to swoop it up let me know and I can cancel at a certain time so you can grab it.

Thank you, I hope so also! She tested positive for Flu B, which the doctor said has been mild for most. She had a fever yesterday, but not so much today. Runny nose, legs are achey. We take so many vitamins, supplements, eat healthy, wash hands, send pure alcohol wipes for lunch, so I thought she would escape it. But, I guess there isn't much you can do when you are stuck in a small space with kids who are sick! Keeping my fingers crossed you don't get anything before your trip!

I hope she’s better soon! Frustrates me so when kids come to school sick.so unthoughtful of others :(

Heading out next Saturday for a quick trip. 24-28th. Staying at Disneyland Hotel. Myself, DW, DD8, DD5. Haven't really done any planning. Kids first visit out west.

Heading out next Saturday for a quick trip. 24-28th. Staying at Disneyland Hotel. Myself, DW, DD8, DD5. Haven't really done any planning. Kids first visit out west.
Congratulations!!!
I would suggest you take some serious time this week to do some planning. It will make all the difference between a magical trip and a horrible one.

I procrastinate everything, lol! Even saying I'll be in the parks.

Currently down in SoCal with my mom (after much "fun" between being delayed a few hours leaving the Bay to my car's VSA coming on along with a check engine light in the middle of the Grapevine*) and will be in the parks from the 17th (today) to the 19th (possibly the 20th if we stop in on the way out of town). Say hi if you see me! Can't miss me. I really do walk around with a panda stuffy balanced on my head. Peking is my best travel buddy :).

*We think everything is fine. The fix the manual suggested worked and so far it's following the pattern it said it would afterwards. But keeping a close eye on it.

We were at the parks Feb. 14-17. The walls are not really that big of a deal. I was expecting to be annoyed by them, but not the case at all. I enjoyed Main Street even with the walls.
Get yourselves a Strawberry Rose Gold churro. Cart is right before the castle. It was amazing!
Also, if you have early morning access to the parks, make sure to take advantage. Aside from getting in the park early, you can start booking fastpasses via maxpass as soon as you step foot in the parks.
Have a great time!!!!

We're headed to Tahoe tomorrow for an annual family trip, returning to the Bay Area on Wednesday. DS10 and I then hop on a plane to SNA with our friends on Thursday morning for a 4 day trip to DLR. So I'm currently packing for two trips, with less than 18 hours turnaround between them, and really hoping I don't forget anything! I tried to pack the things that we need for both trips in a way that they'd be easy to grab from the first suitcase and switch to the second one. But now I'm totally paranoid that I'm forgetting to pack something for Disneyland because I'm distracted by packing for Tahoe!! At least both trips are 4 days, so that makes it a little easier. I'm so excited for the Disney trip, and I confess I'd be quite happy to ditch Tahoe and skip right to Disneyland!

Looks like the early morning entry is the 24th. Our flight arrives around 7am. Girls have been to WDW so many times, we've pretty much stopped planning stuff, other than hard-to-get dining. Looks like the Maxpass will be a must and the DL FP system should allow us to ride-plan last minute. More interested in walking around and experiencing Disneyland.

So far I know I want to try the following..

Corndog
Strawberry Rose Gold churro
Monte cristo + Pommes Frites
Fried Chicken at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.
Steakhouse 55 (breakfast or dinner)
Trader Sams

Am I missing something obvious?

Looks like the early morning entry is the 24th. Our flight arrives around 7am. Girls have been to WDW so many times, we've pretty much stopped planning stuff, other than hard-to-get dining. Looks like the Maxpass will be a must and the DL FP system should allow us to ride-plan last minute. More interested in walking around and experiencing Disneyland.

So far I know I want to try the following..

Corndog
Strawberry Rose Gold churro
Monte cristo + Pommes Frites
Fried Chicken at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.
Steakhouse 55 (breakfast or dinner)
Trader Sams

Am I missing something obvious?

The one thing I would tell you in case you don't know is there are currently some areas of construction with walls up on Main Street and Fantasyland, as well as Paradise Pier in DCA, and a number of attractions down for refurb (Dumbo, Casey Junior Train, Splash Mountain in DL and California Screamin in DCA). The Main Street vehicles are not running. There are not fireworks, but Fantasmic is running nightly in DL and World of Color is running nightly in DCA.

The one thing I would tell you in case you don't know is there are currently some areas of construction with walls up on Main Street and Fantasyland, as well as Paradise Pier in DCA, and a number of attractions down for refurb (Dumbo, Casey Junior Train, Splash Mountain in DL and California Screamin in DCA). The Main Street vehicles are not running. There are not fireworks, but Fantasmic is running nightly in DL and World of Color is running nightly in DCA.

Yep I found out about the walls down Main Street after booking, but that will just make the next trip that much better. Kids are bummed about Dumbo but we are all really excited about finally visiting.

Another question...

I booked a room only reservation at DLH for our stay and received the confirmation email. This reservation is not listed on the DL website and cannot be linked. Is this normal? Or should I call? Didn't know if there was an early checkin screen like on the MDE for WDW.

Oh no! It did work out that you cancelled, but I am sorry that she is sick. Hopefully it passes quickly and no one else gets it. It's really spreading here in MD now, so I am glad we went earlier in the month and were able to avoid catching anything when we traveled. Now to just hope I can avoid it locally.

Hope your daughter has continued to improve!
Same night I posted this my son came down with a fever :guilty:
I was worried about strep or influenza but after a trip to the doctor today it looks like he just has a bad cold. So long as his fever doesn’t return and he is in good spirits we are keeping our vacation plans on schedule. We won’t be in the parks for another week, so keeping my fingers crossed the rest of us stay healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter