Feet Don’t Fail Me Now!

We headed back inside then.

portifino72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I really thought this resort was so neat.

portifino82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We stopped for another bathroom break and also checked out some shops.

portifino83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

portifino85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we went back to the bus which was taking us to City Walk. Tonight the groups were being divided to eat at different restaurants in City Walk. We were told we were going to Pat O’Briens. I know some people who love this place and go yearly…so that sounded good.

city1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

city2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were seated and we looked at the menu….you have got to be kidding me. I thought this place was Irish food. Nope…it’s Cajun. I really was not ready to eat Cajun food a second night in a row. I looked at the options and I really was at a loss. Several others were feeling the same way. It’s Ok to have once in a while, but 2 nights in a row was a bit much. Patty and I seriously talked about heading to get pizza.

Lidia said she was ordering some appetizers for the table. We were all using the dining plan tonight, but appetizers are separate, so that was really nice of her.

city3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They were actually pretty normal and I liked most of what was on the plates.

city4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

For my entrée I ordered some steak medallions. They were to have something cajun on top of them and I asked for it not to be there. I basically made the dish as American boring as I could. LOL.

city5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it was delicious!

city6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Stephanie and I.

city7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A couple girls got some specialty drinks…I believe they were hurricanes.

city8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then started taking funny pictures of ourselves and messaging them to each other. We were laughing hysterically over something so stupid.

pats by Jenseib, on Flickr

And today was Wendy’s b-day so they sang Happy Birthday to her.

Video

We all were given the same dessert. Something I did not realize was part of their dining plan. I thought you could choose what you wanted, but they made it sound like it’s a Chef Specialty each night on what you get. I think it was some kind of chocolate cake type thing and ice-cream if I remember right. It was good, however the menu had benets and that is what I really wanted.

city10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was pleasantly surprised with all my food and it was much better than I thought it would be. I really expected myself heading off to get food after, but what I got was perfect for me and pretty much all of us agreed that it worked out fine.

city11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

city12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now one of the gals I follow on Passporter’s, Cheryl, was visiting Orlando and we had some contact on a potential meeting. Tonight was the night we had talked about meeting up if possible. We both had very busy schedules so we knew ahead of time it may not work out. Our meal was going pretty slow, but we were having a good time. I am not sure if service is normally slow here or if it was just made that way since we were in no hurry to leave. Our server was excellent by the way. Our main courses had not even come out yet and I remember thinking to myself that there was a good chance I would not be able to meet up with Cheryl. Not long after that, Cheryl messaged me and said they were done with their dinner at Portifino and just too tired to head to City Walk so it wasn’t going to work out. I told her we were still at dinner and totally understood as it probably wasn’t going to work out on my end either. Later, when I was reading her trip report, I found out that they were literally arriving at Portifino about the same time we were leaving. We just missed each other. I racked my brain to think if we may have passed by each other, but I am pretty sure we never got that close to each other. By my figures I was probably getting on the bus the moment they were arriving. Such a bummer!!!!

Once dinner was over, a few headed back to Sapphire and a few of us walked around City Walk for a little bit.

city9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

city15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We ran into Lidia and a few other BDM’s and chatted a minute. They told us to go to Fat Tuesdays as they had dollar jello shots.

city14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

city13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So we headed that way.

city16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the bartender took a picture of us. LOL.

city17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I am not a shot drinker normally but a jello shot is ok every so often.

We then headed back to Sapphire Falls.

sapph5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took a few pictures around the lobby. I thought the décor was cute.

sapph12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Lisa met up with me in the lobby to hand out some little gifts she had brought for us. She gave me some for a few people. They were super cute.

sapph14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And delicious. I think she had a local lady make them and deliver them to her. I took them back to the room and gave Lenora’s hers and then headed back to the patio bar for a little bit.

sapph15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stuck with diet coke.

sapph16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After a bit I headed back to the room and took this video on my phone. It just shows the quick service location closed up….not sure why I did it? LOL.

And when I got to the room I realized I didn’t have my camera. UGH! I ran back down and asked and they had found it and actually had Pam’s name on it as they knew she had been sitting at the table. I was so happy to have it back and I told them how much I appreciated it.

Back in the room once again and it was time for bed. Another very full day tomorrow. Today we were basically in work mode for over 12 hours, and even though it is a fun kind of work, including dinner, it was a long day.

Feb. 28, 2017, Day 7

We had another early day today so I was up early and showered and ready to go. I headed outside this morning and saw this cute bus go by.

sapph21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And pretty flowers.

sapph23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Cabana Bay tower.

sapph24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was soon time to meet up. We were all boarding a bus to head over to City Walk.

vip99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We went in through the Hard Rock entrance to City Walk and I was lucky enough to be one of the first off the bus so I got through fast and they told us to head over to Islands of Adventure, where we would be having breakfast today.

vip100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We also had been handed a new ticket. Hmmm? I asked why as we had a 2 day ticket already and when I inquired before this conference we were told we would only get a 2 day ticket with the event. Well that was wrong info. This ticket was just for today and we could use our last day on the 2 day ticket tomorrow if we wanted to after our last session ended. UGH! I wish I had known. I had changed my flight to leave tomorrow instead of Thursday, which was my original flight. Had I known we would have an extra day I would have not changed it and used the ticket for one final park day. Oh well.

vip1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Again, this place is closed….I never see it open.

vip7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Getting close to our destination, 3 Broomsticks.

vip10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When we signed up to attend the conference, we actually had to make our “order” for this breakfast, so it went nice and fast to get our food.

vip12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

MMMMM! Butterbeer.

vip15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was one of the first to get my food so I headed out and found some tables we could all sit at.

vip104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think this is what Stephanie had ordered.

vip105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we were finished we had some time before our VIP tours would start, so we could use the restroom and explore the area.

vip17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And many of us took some video….here is mine.

Then it was time to meet back up to get our VIP guides!

vip165 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got Andrew…who was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

vip109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here I am, all loaded up. I had on my lanyard, then a VIP lanyard, my headphones (No earbuds for me today) and then the little box we plug into to hear the guide. And my backpack as well.

vip110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And off we go!

vip18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our first stop was going to be Kong, so we made our way that way.

vip19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Jurassic Park.

vip24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe this place serves really long hotdogs.

vip113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The cool thing about the VIP tour…we often went in back ways and were able to board the rides right away.

vip115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe the Kong trucks hold 72 people each, so it is kind of a fast loader.

vip116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The ride takes you in a circle outdoors and then you head into the cave. If it is raining they do have a bypass where it will start right inside the cave.

vip117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our trucks have a “fake” driver and he talks to us and on his radio. I learned the next day that each of the trucks actually have different drivers with different accents and dialog. As soon as you get in the action pretty much starts. It’s video screens on both sides of you and the dinos and Kong are attacking each other and we are in the crossfire. Kong is the good guy here.

There is so much action going on on both sides of the trucks and you can’t take it all in at once. The truck of course is bouncing around as well.

Lisa is a bit of a ride scardy cat. She admits it. She screamed a high pitched scream the entire ride. Andrew sat next to her and totally laughed the whole time.

That was a lot of fun. My opinion…it is a really cool ride and you will need to ride it a few times, preferably on each side of the vehicle to take it all in, but after that, I don’t think it’s that fabulous to ride over and over. Would I do it each trip…yes! But it’s not one I think I would wait in a long line for to do. I will admit, I loved the old Kong over at the Studios they used to have. That was an amazing ride and I liked that one much more.

Oh…here is that long hotdog.

vip121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we moved on. As we walked, Andrew would talk to us and tell us different things.

vip27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Toon Lagoon is a fun place.

vip31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Something I learned on this tour…the Family Circus…Billy has lines on the ground for the path he takes. You can follow it and be part of the cartoon. I think I took better pictures later in the trip.

vip33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We moved on the Super Hero Island.

vip36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some video as we listened to Andrew explaining some really neat things….but I don’t think you can hear him well. I kept forgetting I could hear him so well because I had headphones on.

vip37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then rode Spiderman which is a cool ride…and Lisa screamed the whole time. LOL.

After that we went backstage (where no pictures are allowed) to go in the back side and see the ride vehicles and how they work, which was cool.

As we were walking out this character (I don’t know my characters…is this the green goblin?) and he was playing with Brook. I quickly snapped some pictures.

vip122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then Andrew reminded us we were back stage and not to take pictures…Oops…I totally forgot in the moment.

Also, Universal ONLY allows 2 service animals in their parks…dogs and ponies. (I know, I thought it sounded funny that they allowed ponies too) and back here was a little fenced area where the ponies could go and do their business or wait while their owners were on a ride.

We headed back out and got a glimpse of more super heroes and I again, I don’t know them.

vip125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then we headed over to Hulk, which has just been refurbished. Last year when I was here it looked like this.

islands11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The track is back in place now!

vip126 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Those of us who wanted to ride did so…again with front of the line access. I had never rode this before and figured it would be best to ride it when I had friends. Wow…what a ride. It kind of goes up normally for half the way and then it says something like it’s gonna speed up and BOY does it! I left my stomach back there and it took a while for it to catch back up. But it sure was fun.

Once we got off, we then headed over to Seuss Landing.

vip38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And Andrew pointed out that Dr. Seuss is here with the Mayor (he is the one on the left of this picture).

vip50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I don’t think we rode anything here but Andrew was full of info.

We then moved on to the Lost Continent.

vip52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Andrew pointed this out…something most people never notice, but I believe it is the reflection stone of the God on the side of the building.

vip58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a story, but I can’t remember it now.

vip59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed back into Hogsmeade where we were going to ride the Forbidden Journey.

Video 1

Video 2 (most of this one is just sound)

We then were taken to the family room where those who didn’t want to ride waited with our bags and the rest of us rode. The family room is so nice because at Universal instead of just child swap they have family swap per se. The whole family can walk through together and those who don’t want to ride can wait in this room then. That way you don’t have to be separated all the time and can spend more time together…for instance if Grandma and Grandpa are just going to sit on a bench and wait, well now they can experience the queue with you and wait in AC then.

After the ride we headed out as we were now going to take the train over to Diagon Alley and have lunch at the Leaky Cauldron.

vip64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video

vip65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Kings Cross Station is so neat.

vip67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We are now in London.

vip68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we need to find the secret way into Diagon Alley.

vip69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And look at the crowds.

vip73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were using our dining plan quick service credits here today. Something we found out today is that some specialty drinks are not included on the plan. ….butterbeer is one of them, but does count as a snack credit. I was set on getting some too, but I decided later to just get something else.

Another mistake I made…I assumed the food was the same here as over at the 3 Broomsticks….it is not! It was English food and most did not sound appealing. Oh no…another meal I was worried about. I have had the fish at 3 broomsticks before and it wasn’t that great. Just ok…so I really didn’t want that. I went with a combo of the cottage pie and fishermans pie.

vip127 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Someone else did get the fish though and it looked much better than the one I had before and she said it tasted great.

vip129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Mine ended up being fine, but it isn’t something I would normally order and I probably won’t come back here for lunch as I know for me it’s not what I like and Claire would never find anything to eat here.

After we ate, we had a little time and I headed out to the bathroom and I think I went and made a call home and took some more pictures.

vip75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Andrew told us that the dragon has sensors up there and if you hear him rumbling like he is ready to blow…but then doesn’t, it’s because the winds are not ideal.

But he blew today.

vip44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our next stop…Escape from Gringots.

Video

vip82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He did take us through part of the queue because it is such a neat one….he did that for Forbidden Journey as well.

vip130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I love this ride and it was just as fun as usual…and Lisa screamed through the whole thing. Hahahaha.

We all wanted to stop and get ice-cream here so that was the next stop.

vip131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I debated on trying butterbeer ice-cream this time. Stephanie had it before and said it was awesome. The only thing is it was soft serve and I kind of wanted hard scoops. Well my decision was easy because they were actually out of butterbeer at the moment...so I went with the exact same combo I got last time….salted caramel and blonde brownie.

No picture of it this time but it was just as tasty.

We ate our ice-cream and made our way over towards Men in Black. Andrew asked us who got high scores and I was pointed at because I had beat everyone the other day. He asked my score and he told me that was actually a very low one for him. Wow! He told us his average score which was just amazing…and then he gave us tips on how to get higher scores.

vip133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I really did try….and got one of the worse scores I have ever gotten. Hahahaha. I guess I need to practice.

I wanted to go on the Simpsons, but no one else did so we skipped it. I was ok with it as I had ridden it a few times already.

vip134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We passed the Simpsons and Andrew had told us he used to play Marge a lot and her head was quite heavy.

vip135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Andrew was really talented and would sing and dance every so often. He was so much fun. He could sing Bye Bye Bye by NSYNC and you would swear you were with the real deal.

Bird having a snack…looks like he hit the jackpot.

vip136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Andrew took us down this alley area…an area I never really even realized was there.

vip87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He talked about different movies filmed here and what each area was from. I think part of it was replica’s while other movies actually had parts filmed here.

vip88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This had significance and I can’t for the life of me remember what.

vip89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we moved on, with a potty stop along the way.

vip96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw the Blues Brothers out and Pam saw a friend of hers and ran over to talk to him.

vip138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He’s the Sax player.

vip139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Andrew pointed out an area that is tribute to the Magical Beast and Where to Find Them movie….this was the entrance to the club.

vip140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Lots of Mardi Gras things were going on right now.

vip141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were thirsty so we asked Andrew if we could stop and get some drinks.

vip142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That hit the spot. It was hot out! Some girls got some snacks….shoot I should have thought of that too. LOL.

Pam was talking away and this guy came right up behind her and she didn’t even notice at first. It was pretty funny.

vip143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip144 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video

We moved on then….they have concerts here on this stage.

vip146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Andrew pointed out a lot of details that you don’t always take time to look at.

vip148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This ride had soft openings basically the day after we left.

vip151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some of the gals wanted to ride Rip Ride Rocket…..there is no way in HECK I will ride that. Andrew said we would meet on the lawn of the concert area and he was going to ride with those who wanted to. Since I had a bit of time, I went off and walked around, drank my pop and I think I texted home.

I used to play the trombone so I love seeing them.

vip152 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then joined the others who were stretched out on the grass relaxing and I did the same. Soon the rest of them came back….all full of adrenaline from the ride.

We then took off to head towards Despicable Me.

vip153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And stopped for a group shot…..Michelle had left a little earlier to go back to her room and Lidia had also left as she had a meeting to attend.

vip41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We rode the ride and it was great fun.

Now at some point in time Andrew took us back stage and we looked at the actual studio area with the sound stages. I can’t remember if it was after or before Despicable Me. It was neat to go back there and see different things…but of course no pictures. I can remember years ago when the Nick area was back there and they took you on a sound stage tour and you could even be part of the TV shows and the audiences. In fact, one year my oldest daughter Paige went there with her step-mom and watched one of the shows and then she got talked to. I can’t remember what it all involved, but they gave her the date she would be on TV and we did record it way back then. Paige felt like a celebrity.

Anyways, it was really neat to be able to go back there and see things. I wish they still had the Nick Studios open.

After our official tour was done, we were allowed to go into the gift shop before heading out to our next destination. When on a VIP tour you get a discount that day as well…Wish I had known ahead of time as I had bought most of the stuff I wanted already. I did buy myself a t-shirt though…one I had been eyeing over the years and it changes in the sun light.

Now when you take a VIP tour, it is proper to give the guide a tip. Andrew was beyond awesome and towards the end of the day we started texting each other asking how much each was giving. I seriously thought going in that $5-10 would be fine per person. I was so clueless at what an amazing experience this would be. If I could have afforded $100 from just me I would have easily handed that over to him. In the end I think most of us gave around $20 give or take. We elected Brook to give it to him, so we all slyly were handing over our money to her.

Once shopping was done, Andrew was taking us to our next destination, which was dinner as a group at the Red Coconut, which is more of a club, but was totally ours for the next few hours.

vip155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip156 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He was still in fun tour guide mode though and would stop and point out things and tell us his favorite places.

vip157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This hotdog place has actual stadium chairs from different ball parks.

vip158 by Jenseib, on Flickr

vip159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We arrived at Red Coconut and we sadly had to say goodbye to Andrew. But not before getting a group picture.

vip tour1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Brook handed him our tip money. We just found him so fantastic. He told us that he can be requested for VIP tours and they do try their best to honor those requests. Of course, now after having a VIP tour, it is impossible to think about touring the parks without one. LOL. VIP tours are pricey. You can get private ones which are pretty outrageous in price or group ones which are a bit more affordable. Of course with the private one, you can do a more customized plan. When traveling as a group with others you most likely will have to go with the set plans, though you can make suggestions of things you would like to do and if all agrees then you can deviate from the plan.

So we then headed into the Coconut Club. Little stations were set up with food. Patty and I had both joked that if they had Cajun tonight we were both leaving. LOL. Well it wasn’t much better. I don’t think I took a single picture in there. There were different things but most were not to my taste. I tried a few small things but it wasn’t filling and then I went for dessert, hoping that would save it….nope! It was disgusting. I threw it away. I was so disappointed with food this trip. It wasn’t all bad, it was just that most served was not really things I liked and many times it was more of an appetizer type setting. After a long day in the park I needed real food.

There was still one more event today…yes…we had REALLY long days. We were going to see the Blue Man Group. Honestly I was so tired I couldn’t imagine sitting through it tonight. I had already seen the show twice in the last 12 months. I enjoy the show, it is super funny, but seeing it a 3rd time in such a short time period was not making me excited. I went and asked Lidia if it was OK if I skipped it since I had seen it twice this year already and she said that was perfectly fine given the circumstances. I found out a few others at the conference had done the same thing too.

I figured I could go back and pack my clothes up and be semi ready for departure tomorrow.

But I had one stop before heading back.

vip160 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yep…I ordered a pizza….I needed some real food.

vip161 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I had to wait a bit, but it was totally worth it.

Once it was ready, I took my box back to Sapphire Falls and then dug in.

vip162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A couple of people on the boat saw my box and told me the pizza was really good.

vip163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it was…I couldn’t eat it all but it really hit the spot.

After I was done eating I put the leftovers in the fridge and then I went to work organizing my suitcase and then I took some last minute pictures in the room.

sapph1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I loved these signs.

sapph19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then turned on the TV and just crashed on the bed. I was so tired and it was so nice just being lazy for a bit. After a while Lenora and Michelle came to the room. Michelle was picking up her treat from Lisa I believe and then we chatted a bit. They said the other girls were going to meet at the patio bar but they were both too tired to do so tonight.

Michelle then left and I debated going down. I was so tired and I was like…no I’ll just stay here….well…you know…cool things always happen if I don’t show up. Lenora was like, nope I am staying in the room….but let me know if anything fun happens.

Ok then….so I headed down and find the girls. They had had a wonderful time at the Blue Man Group and I do wish I was with them to see it….but I don’t regret my decision at all to skip it tonight. I had been going strong for several days and I just needed that rest.

So we sat and chatted and then Lisa casually says……There’s Rick Springfield….and at that moment the other 7 of us sitting there all did that high pitched squeal scream that young girls do. LOL. Holy Cow…he just came out and is just hanging on the patio with what we assumed were his band mates.

I was sitting on the end and had a decent view so I took my cell phone and tried to take a few pictures and all came out as blob. He was too far away and it was too dark for anything decent. UGH!

So I was sitting there mad I couldn’t get a picture and I just stood up and said “I’m gonna ask him for one”. I think some of the girls shrunk in their seats……like I was crazy….and yeah I might be. LOL

So I walked over to Rick…yeah we are close now, and on a first name basis……and I said “Hi, Can I get a picture of you? We are here on a conference to promote Universal and if I could get your picture, we could use it in our promotions.”…well it wasn’t exactly that, but along those lines. And he said “If you want a picture, it has to be a selfie” and he jumped up and ripped my phone out of my hand and walked over to our table. OMG!!!!!! The girls saw him coming and I never seen them jump up so fast to get in this picture. It was totally hilarious.

And then we all crowded in around him…notice that Pam and I put our heads on his shoulder. I mean it was MY PHONE and I went and asked….so I was going to be RIGHT there. LOL.

rick1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Wooohoooo.

Then a lady, who I assume is his girlfriend told him we needed a nice picture too and she took the phone and took a couple more.

vip164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Pam grabbed his hand. LOL.

rick2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We thanked him and then he went back and sat with his friends for a bit. Pam asked the waitress to find out what he was drinking and send a drink over to him. He left shortly after that.

Soooo…..as soon as he left the girls were all saying…quick send me the pictures! LOL. Then Brook said I needed to post them online so I started doing that….but first in our group message I posted the pictures and a reply quickly came from Lenora….”you’ve got to be kidding”….and Michelle’s sentiments were pretty much the same. LOL.

Then we started posting pictures to our private business page where we talk shop…and of course those who hadn’t been able to come were all commenting on them too. We were just so giddy! I am so glad I decided to come down….remember…something cool would happened if I didn’t go down and I would miss it. Never truer words spoken!

We chatted for a bit more as we were on our celebrity sighting high, but finally we had to call it a night. We still had a half day tomorrow and then sadly most of us were leaving.

Lenora was still up when I went back to the room and she was still mad about missing out. I don’t blame her…I would have been too.

We then went to sleep for the final time at Sapphire Falls.

It's on my bucket list....some day it will happen.

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

This is a MINION suite!!!!! And this kids room…attached the main room is so AWESOME!

That is seriously cool.

She said her husband wanted to sleep in one of those beds. LOL.

I am kind of with him on this.

Nope…it’s Cajun. I really was not ready to eat Cajun food a second night in a row.

Oh, what a shame.

They were actually pretty normal and I liked most of what was on the plates.

I am glad that this worked out.

For my entrée I ordered some steak medallions. They were to have something cajun on top of them and I asked for it not to be there. I basically made the dish as American boring as I could. LOL.

That looks amazing.

And it was delicious!

Result!

The VIP tour looked amazing.

I learned the next day that each of the trucks actually have different drivers with different accents and dialog.

That is pretty cool, too

What a shame that dinner was a miss again. I somehow think that you were glad that you joined the others at the bar.

Corinna

That is seriously cool.

Isn't it? Such a fun room

I am kind of with him on this.

Me too. I would get a room for Claire and I and give her the big bed. hahahaha And if Skip came, he could choose which one he wanted.

I am glad that this worked out.

I think I over panicked about the meal, but all these things had a Cajun twist in the description and I was really worried.

That looks amazing

It ended up being very very good. I was so happy. I was to quick to judge.

The VIP tour looked amazing.

The tour was beyond amazing but it is a long day. But our guide was so much fun too. We all wanted to take him home with us.

That is pretty cool, too

I think the first time I rode it it had a lady driver, but the next day we had a guy and I was like....wait? It's a fake driver AND they have different fake drivers. Pretty cool.

What a shame that dinner was a miss again. I somehow think that you were glad that you joined the others at the bar.

There is so much good food to be had a Universal and it just seemed like the places we went or what they served us were not places or things I would ever consider.
But the evening at the bar made up for any not so great thing I had the whole trip. hahahaha.

So awesome you got to meet Rick Springfield!

YES! It was pretty darn cool.

March 1, 2017, Day 8

It was our last day and we would be ending with one last meeting session. I was up early and I headed out to take a few final pictures.

sapph25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Lenora and I took our bags to luggage services and checked them in till it was time to go….boooo hoooooo!!!!!!

We then made our way once again over the Royal Pacific where they had breakfast set up for us and we filled our plates.

class11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our meeting was more of a wrap up where we talked a bit about the experiences over the past few days and then we played some games to test our knowledge. We had 4 teams and even though you think you know a lot….when under the pressure of being the first to answer in this type of situation you go completely blank. Unfortunately our team did not win today.

It was then time to go. Some people had flights right away and I think a couple actually left before the class was officially over. Most of us had later flights and a few were staying on with family or just doing other things.

Lenora and I left and I wanted to ride Kong again so we headed right out to the boat launch.

sapph33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I just love this next picture.

sapph35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We went through security and on to the boat.

sapph36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

rp62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed to Islands of Adventure then. Lenora had a client text her (happened to be a relative too) and there was an issue and it ended up being something kind of major. Her heart was no longer into spending the last few hours in the park sadly.

I took some pictures on the way to Kong….finally getting the Family circus trail.

last1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the express pass wait for Kong was pretty much nonexistent….and the park seemed to have totally thinned out today too…not many crowds at all.

We got a different “driver” today and we sat on the opposite side today too.

last4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I tried to take in more detail this time and see more from this side. There is a lot going on, so you do kind of need to ride it a few times to get it all.

We kind of just walked around and we had planned on getting lunch, but Lenora was really having some major issues and she was going to have to make some phone calls and the waits could be long so she ended up heading out and back to the hotel. I just kind of wandered around a bit and looked around. I couldn’t figure out what sounded good to eat….then I got a message from Michelle….are you missing your camera….Holy Crap! I did it again. This morning I had put things at several chairs to save places for all of us. I obviously didn’t do a good job at collecting them…one being my camera….which I had put at a spot that no one actually ended up sitting at. Thanks Goodness Michelle saw it. I told her to drop it off at luggage services and then take a picture of the pickup tag and send it to me….and I did get it back.

So I took the train over to Universal. I can’t remember if I did any last rides or not, but I am thinking I didn’t. I went through Springfield and thought I would get some Simpson’s themed food but the place was pretty darn busy and I just didn’t feel like waiting. Brook, Stephanie, and Wendy were at the pool and they told me to come back and hang with them and they were getting lunch there….nachos I believe….and they were really good. Ok, twist my arm….I’ll head back.

last5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The little dance parade was going on so I had to kind of weave around some people.

last6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I spotted Bart.

last9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Goodbye Universal!!!!

last12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took the boat back and then picked my camera up and headed to the pool. I was going the wrong way around and of course it was the long way.

sapph37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

sapph38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I first ran into Lenora and she was sitting at a table. She said I could join her but I said I would find the others first. I guess I thought she was going to come over too, but she didn’t.

I found a lounger and chatted with the girls. A waiter came over and I told him I want a fish sandwich and I asked for cheese and tarter on it. No problem. I believe I order fries and some Mango tropical drink. I told him I only had so much time but he assured me there was more than enough time.

Well the food took a while to come and I was getting nervous. When it did come, it did not have cheese or tarter…oh well…..I woofed it down. Then my drink came but they were out of the specialty cups so he said he would charge me less. I told him to bring the bill as I had to head out soon. He was slow with that and then it was wrong and he had charged me full price for the drink. Finally I was able to pay the bill with the correct amount.

In the meantime it was nice chatting with the girls about different things. Wendy had gotten some good news so we were all happy for her.

While I was paying my bill, Lenora messaged me that our shuttle was here….wait….what? they were like 20+ minutes early. I told her I was on my way back up to the lobby but I still had to get my bags. I said goodbye to the others and made my way up. As I got about half way there Lenora messaged and said false alarm…..someone had told it was for us but it was not. Phew! I grabbed my bags and we headed out and the shuttle was there….maybe it was our shuttle after all as it was practically full. And I was supposed to get in the 3rd row….um I am a big gal and that wasn’t happening. Luckily someone moved and let me in the 2nd row.

And off we went. We knew a couple of the others from the conference in our shuttle. We chatted a bit, but Lenora was mainly on the phone.

Both Lenora and I were flying Southwest but different flights that had similar departure times…which is why we were on the same shuttle. We got dropped off…and Wow! HUGE line to drop off luggage. Lenora got right in line and I fiddled around a bit then got in line.

last13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It actually moved pretty fast, so it wasn’t too bad. I think at some point Lenora gave up on being on hold on her phone.

We headed into the terminal after we checked our bags and she had to run somewhere so I watched the bags.

last15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

last18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed through security and we both had TSA precheck, which in Orlando is a Godsend!!!! It still had a small line, but it went so much faster. We then took the fake monorail over and we then parted. Lenora’s gate was not near mine at all.

I found a seat near a plug and settled in for the wait. Stephanie, Wendy and Brook had used a private transfer back and they really weren’t too far behind us. Stephanie messaged me her gate number and it was right next to mine, so when a seat opened up I grabbed it to save for her.

She finally showed up, so we sat and chatted. As my flight got closer I had her watch my bags as I went to the bathroom. When I was coming back I was startled to see Lenora. Her gate had changed and she was now over in this wing. I think her flight had been delayed a bit too, but she would be boarding soon.

We said goodbye one final time and then I went back to my seat and chatted again with Stephanie until my flight was called.

We were told the flight was not completely full…..YaY!!!!!!! So I sat by the window and a lady sat with me on the end. Then I put my bag on the middle seat and fiddled with it for quite some time. LOL. Everyone went right on past. YES! Then we kept waiting and were told we were waiting on bags from a connecting flight…then another family came on….and passed us….then we waited some more…and more people boarded and passed us. Thank goodness! It was kind of funny as literally the last people that got on…which was now past our departure time….the wife looks around and says….well are their seats together in the back. The flight attendant told her it was unlikely but they would most likely be closer to each other in the back. YES!!!! I love it when the middle seat is empty!

We then did take off and made our way back to Ohio…where it was winter.

We made up time in the air and were not really late arriving. I got my bags and then headed over to find the shuttle to the green parking lot. Soon the bus came…thank goodness as it was chilly and a bit snowy. Not too bad yet, but Skip messaged me and said a storm was predicted and if it was bad when I landed to just stay the night with my sister. The roads looked fine so I decided to head home.

I was dropped off and the right spot (thanks to having a picture taken as to where my car was this time) and then headed to the car and threw the bags in the trunk and got it warming up. I then set my gps and headed out and paid my parking bill and set off for home. I was hungry now though. I knew at one point I would pass some fast food places so I decided not to try and go out of my way. And sure enough I was soon right by my sister’s house and I stopped at the Wendy’s to get a sandwich to eat on the way home.

last14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then I took off again. I was tired and just wanted to get home. I usually listen to an audio book when I drive so that passed the time. At the halfway point the snow became almost a white out and I started regretting driving home. I wasn’t sure I could handle this the rest of the way home. Luckily it was only for a few miles and then it seemed to almost completely stop and it never really was accumulating.

I did finally make it home and the family was happy to see me. Of course I was super tired and couldn’t wait to get to bed. I just brought my bags in and pulled out a prize for Claire quickly and then left the rest to be done the next day.

And that concludes my Universal trip.

It was a lot of fun. I am so happy I ended up going down early so I had a full day at the parks to do what I wanted to do. Then I got lucky and got to spend a day with J. That was an unexpected treat. I had fun with Lenora and it was nice to see her again too. I am really glad we got to tour the Epic, even if the conditions had not been ideal that day and it didn’t go exactly as planned. We still got to see a good portion of the ship.

The conference was amazing. My only complaint was the food….and I can’t say it was all bad, just not to my liking and I wish we had full meals rather than appetizers for some of the events. I did overcome some of those food hurdles though. We really had long days and even though our conference was only a few days, it felt like a full week. They made sure we did as much as possible. Had I known we would have that extra ticket, I would have come home on Thursday like I originally planned and spent the rest of our final day in the parks.

We have such an amazing group and it’s always so much fun to hang with them and work with them too.

I am super excited to say that I get to see Brook, Patty, and J again on June 28 as we are all sailing the Disney Fantasy together. My other good friend/co-worker, Cass will also be on that sailing, as well as one other co-worker, Mary Rose.

We are taking kids and some are bringing husbands as well. It’s not a work trip technically but a great way for us to hang out again and our kids to meet up and get to know each other. (Claire has met Brook’s son Henry before).

Thanks for reading along!

That looks beautiful.

Those cabanas are very nice.

You had another busy day. It was nice to see the park so empty.

Thanks for sharing.

Corinna

I really was hopping the whole time. They didn't let us have much down time at all, but it was fun

Wow, your next trip is just two days away. I'll definitely been looking for that trip report. I just love cruising. :boat:

Great report, sounded like a great trip, you really got a lot done in those few days, no wonder you were tired!

Awesome that you got to meet Rick Springfield! I went to see him and Pat Benatar in concert a couple years ago for my Birthday and it was a really great show. I loved him on General Hospital, too.

I guess you are on the cruise now. Will you do a TR for that too?

I didn't even know you had started this trippie!!! o_O I had better get to reading this! :D :cool1:

It's gonna be hard though, I was so close to joining you on this one, I almost don't want to read about all of the fun we could have had together!:sad: :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!