First impressions - Fantasy 3/2-3/9

It was so frustrating - I spent close to an hour standing in my bathing suit, looking foolish, waiting for possibilities. Most everyone came paired up. There were a couple of times I got close, but nothing

The CMs have told me that when it’s windy they only allow 2 because the rafts with just 1 would flip over. They also said that usually it’s 2 only at sea due to wind, and single at port - unless it’s windy. I want to go on AquaDuck so much - ugh. I’ve got excursions, so I won’t even be able to take advantage of ports …unless I leave CC early. I don’t know why they don’t have a few single rafts …
Bummer! Check the hours for CC day. I'd come back to the ship midday to ride and then go back to closedown the island. CC has been pretty empty the last few hours when we've been there. Wish there were some friendly DIS-ers on there with you

Bummer! Check the hours for CC day. I'd come back to the ship midday to ride and then go back to closedown the island. CC has been pretty empty the last few hours when we've been there. Wish there were some friendly DIS-ers on there with you
That’s kind of what I plan to do - not sure I’d go back to the island, but we’ll see!

Great news is that I was able to ride today ! After I came back from my private tour of Tortola, I made a beeline for AquaDuck - no sign! I rode it 4 times in a row, lol / the lines were not long since people were still out, I loved it, but it flew by!

Thanks!

Were you part of the fb group of your cruise? Post a request in that group! Or if you go to a trivia or other activity ask the cruise staff to make the anouncement. Im sure they would find it a fun thing to do and make it magical and not awkward
I wasn’t….thats actually a great idea! Hopefully tomorrow will also be a good day - once I return from St John

Thanks!

What a fantastic day I had …and it’s still not over!

I did a private tour with Dervin of Stoutt’s Taxi - he was so wonderful! He shows me some of the island, which is gorgeous, and then stopped at Smuggler’s Cove, which I had requested. There were some people there, but not many - it was great having this beautiful beach to ourselves. The water was perfect - it almost looked and felt like fresh water, that’s how clear it was….and so refreshing. I think was in there for close to an hour! Photos below

Then we stopped for lunch at cool little place on Cane Garden Bay - and I had a virgin Painkiller. Oh my god, it was sooo good!

Then AquaDuck - perfect!

I meant to say, I had a fantastic dinner at Royal Court last night: French onion soup, Duck and Grand Marnier souffle …yum!

What a fantastic day I had …and it’s still not over!

I did a private tour with Dervin of Stoutt’s Taxi - he was so wonderful! He shows me some of the island, which is gorgeous, and then stopped at Smuggler’s Cove, which I had requested. There were some people there, but not many - it was great having this beautiful beach to ourselves. The water was perfect - it almost looked and felt like fresh water, that’s how clear it was….and so refreshing. I think was in there for close to an hour! Photos below

Then we stopped for lunch at cool little place on Cane Garden Bay - and I had a virgin Painkiller. Oh my god, it was sooo good!

Then AquaDuck - perfect!

I meant to say, I had a fantastic dinner at Royal Court last night: French onion soup, Duck and Grand Marnier souffle …yum!
I'm loving your real-time reports. It's holding me over until our next cruise - 60 days from today!
It sounds like you're having a lovely time!

I'm loving your real-time reports. It's holding me over until our next cruise - 60 days from today!
It sounds like you're having a lovely time!
Thank you!!! I am - I don’t want it to end!

Oops, here are some photos I took at Smuggler’s Cove

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3194.jpeg
    IMG_3194.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3197.jpeg
    IMG_3197.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 27
Enjoying hearing someone having fun. And reporting in it. (It brings to mind my own adventures. Some of just few months ago. But short-term memory goes first, they say.)

I'm also loving your live reports (and so happy you got on the Aquaduck). Did you arrange the private tour prior to your cruise? Or once you were in port? Do you mind sharing the cost? We are still trying to decide what to do on our Tortola port day this June.

I’m also loving your report since all of our excursions were cancelled a few weeks ago and now I can’t wait (again!) to sign up for our excursions!

Lo e the reports in realtime! Between Palo and Royal Court-my mouth is watering. Looks like a great time on Tortola. Can't wait to see your St John's adventires!

I'm on the same cruise and was passing the pool bar near Cove Cafe and overheard the bartender tell a guest they were out so... Also does anyone know the drydock schedule for the Fantasy, the ship really needs some TLC. Our veranda is in tough shape with paint missing and very rusted weld seams. The stateroom carpet is ripped at a seam and furniture is pretty scratched up. Besides all the dings still having a great time. See attached veranda photo. That missing paint is about 5 inches in diameter.

View attachment 838666
I'm sad to see the Fantasy is in need of love since the speculation I've seen is that it won't go into dry dock until Summer 2025. My extended family has our first Disney cruise since 1998 booked for April 2025. My husband has never cruised before and is skeptical that he'll enjoy the experience so I hope the trip will make a good impression. It is great to read Betsy's reports and how much she is enjoying herself though!

I'm sad to see the Fantasy is in need of love since the speculation I've seen is that it won't go into dry dock until Summer 2025. My extended family has our first Disney cruise since 1998 booked for April 2025. My husband has never cruised before and is skeptical that he'll enjoy the experience so I hope the trip will make a good impression. It is great to read Betsy's reports and how much she is enjoying herself though!
We were on the Fantasy about a month ago, and we really didn’t notice anything in such bad disrepair that made us question it. As a matter of fact, they had crews constantly sprucing things up - putting new lacquer on the towel bins up at Satellite Falls, sprucing up some painting. We love the Fantasy though, one of our favorite ships. We were on the Dream in November and honestly, we thought that one needed sprucing up much much more… and more then just sprucing, the Satellite Falls pool needed major attention, they had some clear issues with cabins too like the A/C and such. Not saying that is a bad ship in the least, we are set to sail the EBTA on it in May, but we definitely felt that one needed a little more help.

I’m sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy!

Please report back about Remy Dessert. I feel we don't hear enough about that (and I'm doing it next month so I'd love some details).
I’ve done Remy Dessert multiple times and it’s always been great. My most recent time was on the Fantasy in December. The “Lemon”’was the most unreal item I’ve ever had. I felt bad eating it as it takes 3 days to make and the chefs have to make it in a walk in refrigerator.

Attachments

• IMG_4850.jpeg
    IMG_4850.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4851.jpeg
    IMG_4851.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4852.jpeg
    IMG_4852.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4856.jpeg
    IMG_4856.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4857.jpeg
    IMG_4857.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 21
I’ve done Remy Dessert multiple times and it’s always been great. My most recent time was on the Fantasy in December. The “Lemon”’was the most unreal item I’ve ever had. I felt bad eating it as it takes 3 days to make and the chefs have to make it in a walk in refrigerator.

Oh My! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter