First impressions - Fantasy 3/2-3/9

True. I just thought it was funny that it was fixed right after I posted. Our cabin host just said it's been like that for awhile.
I’m honestly so impressed by their maintenance work - they are constantly working on the ships and it shows. So yes, there will be some spots that need attention, but they get to it! (I’ve noticed the differences in visible wear on other lines’ ships at port, and you can tell DCL really takes better care of their ships!)

True. I just thought it was funny that it was fixed right after I posted. Our cabin host just said it's been like that for awhile.

The timing is sort of <cue Twilight Zone music>. Hard to believe it just happened.

Similar to our phones listening to us - and something happens based on what we have said in a private setting.

My family places it on the Midichlorians from Star Wars - especially when we all want the same food.

Time for you to verbalize something more impressive - but not outrageous.

I'm sure that Disney has lots of maintenance work underway on port days - especially at Port Canaveral after everyone is off and there's probably a warehouse nearby with carpet and furniture to restock. I imagine they are like a NASCAR or Indy pit crew, where they can get in and out quickly to do necessary maintenance. You probably only need to let your cabin host know about it, and it's going to get addressed. (Might be after the cruise, if they need hours to get the work done.)

I'm sure that Disney has lots of maintenance work underway on port days - especially at Port Canaveral after everyone is off and there's probably a warehouse nearby with carpet and furniture to restock. I imagine they are like a NASCAR or Indy pit crew, where they can get in and out quickly to do necessary maintenance. You probably only need to let your cabin host know about it, and it's going to get addressed. (Might be after the cruise, if they need hours to get the work done.)
@insureman - Had you mentioned it your cabin host?

You don’t have to ruin a good conspiracy/ mystery with the facts.

Gorgeous pics of St John and Trunk Bay! We honeymooned there in 1993. So glad you're having a wonderful cruise!
Thank you!!

Oh wow, that must have been so romantic !!

You guys have helped make this cruise - I really appreciate it!

Today I had breakfast in Cabanas - the previous two mornings I had room service because of the excursions. I had Froot Loops, doughnut and some fresh fruit. I took 2 boxes of the FL with me so I can eat them out of the box tonight for a snack !

There was no wind - maybe because it’s at our backs - so I was able to go on AquaDuck 3 times before lunch! I ate relatively early since I had Remy dessert experience at 3pm

Speaking of - there are no words to describe these desserts; they were exquisite and extraordinary. Below are the photos…

Afterwards, I went back on AquaDuck 2 more times, took a dip in the adult pool and then relaxed before a very cute Pixar show. That reminds me - the Mickey Pirates show last night was really wonderful. They changed the lyrics to a famous sailing song that is not exactly Disney friendly, lol - Pretty much it’s called “What do you do with a drunken sailor” 😂

I also took photos with Pirate Mickey! I know I’m 50 +, but I’ll never stop loving Mickey !

Right now I’m at Pixar dinner at Enchanted Garden …beforehand, I watched a few Mickey shorts on tv. I’ll always love the classic MM, but I actually love the new animation style - it reminds me a bit of original MM

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3309.jpeg
    IMG_3309.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3310.jpeg
    IMG_3310.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3311.jpeg
    IMG_3311.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 14
You are getting me so excited for my Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy in June.

And also rethinking that maybe we should go to Trunk Bay! Did it get very crowded? I'm debating either the DCL excursion or going to St. John on our own via the ferry.

You are getting me so excited for my Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy in June.

And also rethinking that maybe we should go to Trunk Bay! Did it get very crowded? I'm debating either the DCL excursion or going to St. John on our own via the ferry.
What were you planning on doing instead?

If I’d come Trunk Bay on my own, I probably would have had a little more time, but I honestly did not want to deal with taking a taxi/ferry to and from. Apparently it’s easy, but I just preferred not to take the risk - I know myself, I might have screwed up, lol

I had booked 3 hour jeep tour because I wanted to see some of the island, but cancelled because I’d have had to have done the transportation myself

Trunk Bay is worth it! It’s stunning and perfect ….I want to go back one day - when I have more time!

I should also give a shout out to DCL. I went on a private tour of Tortola - and they refunded the money for the Jost Van Dyke excursion I’d also booked, even though I never cancelled. I never even asked for a refund - it was my fault, and I would have eaten the money. I did tell them that I wasn’t going to appear, so the CMs didn’t worry when I failed to show.

One last thing - the blue knitted DCL blanket on the bed, that I’ve been sleeping with is perfect for me; I want to buy it, lol

What were you planning on doing instead?

We are debating various snorkeling options in Tortola or St. Thomas. We probably will snorkel on one island and do a beach area on the other. I actually just made a post for feedback on all the different options I've been looking at. I suppose it is a good problem to have so many great choices.
If I’d come Trunk Bay on my own, I probably would have had a little more time, but I honestly did not want to deal with taking a taxi/ferry to and from. Apparently it’s easy, but I just preferred not to take the risk - I know myself, I might have screwed up, lol
I am a bit worried about doing the ferry on our own too. If we missed getting back to the Fantasy from Tortola, I feel like we could easily meet back up with it the next day. But from St. Thomas we'd have to fly home.

I had booked 3 hour jeep tour because I wanted to see some of the island, but cancelled because I’d have had to have done the transportation myself

Trunk Bay is worth it! It’s stunning and perfect ….I want to go back one day - when I have more time!

It does sound really amazing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

We are debating various snorkeling options in Tortola or St. Thomas. We probably will snorkel on one island and do a beach area on the other. I actually just made a post for feedback on all the different options I've been looking at. I suppose it is a good problem to have so many great choices.

I am a bit worried about doing the ferry on our own too. If we missed getting back to the Fantasy from Tortola, I feel like we could easily meet back up with it the next day. But from St. Thomas we'd have to fly home.

My sister said the snorkeling is good at Trunk Bay. I just floated around in the water. Glorious.

The ship excursion there just makes it so easy. Walk off the ship, turn right, join a queue of everyone doing various excursions on St John. Board the ferry right there. Get off the ferry in Cruz Bay, load onto a Safari Taxi. Enjoy the views, stop for a photo or two (depending on driver). The walk from the parking lot to the beach is about 2 minutes. No stopping to pay.

If you have your own snorkel gear, just get in the water and have fun.

Afterwards, there is a set of shower rooms. Foot rinse faucets. Separate toilet bathroom houses for men and women.

Small bar and gifts kiosks. Daily drink special in the morning.

You won’t see rows of loungers and umbrellas.

This is such an easy, relaxing experience.

We did have time to enjoy burgers and fries at Tap & Still in the port on St Thomas after our excursion.

If the port stop was longer than the typical one for Disney, DIY seems a good option for those who want that. But the long haul to Castaway Cay often means an early afternoon departure from Charlotte Amalie.

Too late now - but did you try the churros Mickey waffles in Cabanas?

(It only happens once in the cruise - I think it is typically the last morning. and often when they have the Latin breakfast options like huevos rancheros.)

@shosh1530 - heads up.

You’re welcome ! Whatever you decide, it’s going to be wonderful!

My sister said the snorkeling is good at Trunk Bay. I just floated around in the water. Glorious.

The ship excursion there just makes it so easy. Walk off the ship, turn right, join a queue of everyone doing various excursions on St John. Board the ferry right there. Get off the ferry in Cruz Bay, load onto a Safari Taxi. Enjoy the views, stop for a photo or two (depending on driver). The walk from the parking lot to the beach is about 2 minutes. No stopping to pay.

If you have your own snorkel gear, just get in the water and have fun.

Afterwards, there is a set of shower rooms. Foot rinse faucets. Separate toilet bathroom houses for men and women.

Small bar and gifts kiosks. Daily drink special in the morning.

You won’t see rows of loungers and umbrellas.

This is such an easy, relaxing experience.

We did have time to enjoy burgers and fries at Tap & Still in the port on St Thomas after our excursion.

If the port stop was longer than the typical one for Disney, DIY seems a good option for those who want that. But the long haul to Castaway Cay often means an early afternoon departure from Charlotte Amalie.
I actually did go to Tap & Still, but by the time I got the food, it was 3pm, and I didn’t want to rush and then rush back to the ship. I put the burger/fries in my tote bag, drank some of the chocolate shake on the way to the ship and then ate the burger in my room, lol.

Good food, fun place!

And yes, the relatively early (not too early - some ships are there from 6 am to 1pm !) departure was a major factor in my decision. If we’d had more time, I’m sure I’d have done it myself

Too late now - but did you try the churros Mickey waffles in Cabanas?

(It only happens once in the cruise - I think it is typically the last morning. and often when they have the Latin breakfast options like huevos rancheros.)

@shosh1530 - heads up.
It wouldn’t be too late, right? If they offer it on the last morning? My breakfast time at Royal Court is 8:10 …but I could go to Cabanas; they said it would be kind of limited, though…

So today was bittersweet - last day on the ship 😢😢

Castaway Cay was beautiful. I (adult only beach) was shocked to see that it was what I can only describe as low tide. You had to go out for quite a bit to just be able to float or “swim”. It was great, though - so refreshing; again, I didn’t want to leave…but lunch called. It was very good…

*We saw gorgeous, huge starfish

I barely made it to my banana boat ride - what a blast! I love being out on the water, wind in my face…and getting wet! I loved it so much that I did it again - luckily there were open spots on the next ride. Best thing - we saw dolphins!!!!😍😍😍

Dinner at Royal Court was very good - especially the yummy apple pie

Now I have to finish packing so I can leave my luggage out by 10 pm (half an hour)

😢😢😢😢

It wouldn’t be too late, right? If they offer it on the last morning? My breakfast time at Royal Court is 8:10 …but I could go to Cabanas; they said it would be kind of limited, though…
Ah, last full day morning, NOT disembarkation day. I worded that wrong.

Serenity Bay is always shallow. Once, we were able to walk out to the sand bar (that probably was low tide). I think you got the normal experience.

Dolphins would be fun. 🐬🐬🐬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter