First timers list of stuff

Photocopies of tickets and all reservation numbers can be invaluable.

we took a picture of this info, along w/ pics of our Key to the World card w/ the digital camera- a little less 'paper' to carry around

for autographs we did something fun- I picked up 10 Disney postcards (from the Post Office) (the # of days we would be there)- had the Characters autograph them, we dated them & wrote a little something on them from our day, we started mailing them to ourselves the last day or two & they were still arriving a few days after our return. The kids (not to mention me) thought it was great.

for autographs we did something fun- I picked up 10 Disney postcards (from the Post Office) (the # of days we would be there)- had the Characters autograph them, we dated them & wrote a little something on them from our day, we started mailing them to ourselves the last day or two & they were still arriving a few days after our return. The kids (not to mention me) thought it was great.

What a cute idea!

We're visiting in August and it will be hot hot hot. My 4 year old nephew will be in his stroller because he'll tire out from all of the walking. I ordered a clip on battery operated fan. I'm going to clip the fan onto the stroller to keep him cool while we tour the parks.

I know what you mean.

I have a week off from school (Long Island schools are enjoying February Break.) So what do I do, you ask? Laundry? Dishes? Lesson Planning?
nope!

I'm alternating between the DIS and a table of the rides and attractions at WDW, classifying each as a Must See, Optional, or a Skip, and listing height and other requirements.

I'm such a nerd!!!

Where in LI ? I'm in Hicksville. I am taking my DS5 for the first time in Dec for his Bday. I have become totally obsessed with the DIS!
My poor DS has been totally neglected, my DH wonders why the house is in such disarray. I told him it was Mickey's fault.

Where in LI ? I'm in Hicksville. I am taking my DS5 for the first time in Dec for his Bday. I have become totally obsessed with the DIS!
My poor DS has been totally neglected, my DH wonders why the house is in such disarray. I told him it was Mickey's fault.

I'm in HIcksville, too~:rotfl: Small world, isn't it???

"Bumping" means bringing the thread up to the top of the board, so more people will see it.

Where did you get the DISigns done up? I love it and would be interested in one for my family as they are so cute!! Please PM me!!

Samantha

wow...this thread is amazing! right up my alley! we're going in april but didn't book til jan. so i've been reading everything i can get my hands on...including these boards! dh just smiles and shakes his head everytime he sees me on here.:rolleyes1
i'm such the major planner in my house...they all just leave it up to me. so this will be our first trip with all 8 of us; my girls went when they were youg but they don't really remember much so it's like new to them to.
just can't wait...and keep those tips coming! love the chamois cloth idea, and def going to get one of those over-the-door organizers. thanks for all the great ideas!:thumbsup2

bolo-be sure to get your son a Birthday pin when you check-in.Also have his Birthday noted on your reservation and mention it again when you check-in.How exciting for him to be celebrating a Birthday on his FIRST day ever at WDW!:)

I think you are my hero!!! I have just begun planning for our May 09 trip and all of this information is VERY helpful! I also like the binder idea! Going to start printing out the information that seems handy to me (starting with you post) so I can get a better handle on all of the information!

Wow what a great thread.
Native NYer I have a good paking list but it's in french but I could translate it for you if you want!

I have a box in my wardrobe that I fill with stuff for their backpack they'll use on the plane. I kept empty skittles or mini M&M container and put 5 or 6 crayons in them so when ever we need to wait, they can draw in the home made autographs books I made (I use a sketch book from our arts & crafts store). I also bought finger puppets at IKEA that we can use to entertain them in lines or restaurants.

Wow what a great thread.
Native NYer I have a good paking list but it's in french but I could translate it for you if you want!

I have a box in my wardrobe that I fill with stuff for their backpack they'll use on the plane. I kept empty skittles or mini M&M container and put 5 or 6 crayons in them so when ever we need to wait, they can draw in the home made autographs books I made (I use a sketch book from our arts & crafts store). I also bought finger puppets at IKEA that we can use to entertain them in lines or restaurants.

Love the finger puppet idea

Wow what a great thread.

Thanks!

The crayon idea is great. And I like the idea of homemade autograph books.

I love this thread.. I'm getting great ideas. I was wondering if you can get pins that say "1st trip" or something like that somewhere?

My suggestion is to bring an extra memory card for your digital camera. We never thought we would take so many pictures and had to buy a memory card at Magic Kingdom and it was very expensive. Come prepared...bring an extra!

Happy Planning :thumbsup2

I love this thread.. I'm getting great ideas. I was wondering if you can get pins that say "1st trip" or something like that somewhere?

Yes they are available the same way that B-Day, anniversary & honeymoon buttons. Just check at the guest services at any of the parks (also the concierge desk of most hotels) Got one for a 47 year old last trip and she LOVED it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter