• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

First timers list of stuff

ok so what is this Baggallini bag ? can someone tell me ?
thanks
robyn 'pngndn'

I don't know how to link to this, but go to Disney World Tips and find "very important decision to make ha ha ha". There is a link to a baggallini on e-bags.

One thing I think you will find very helpful is to take the time each night at your resort to write down in a journal everything you did that day before you forget the day's events.List what time you woke up,the parks you went to,places you ate at,shows you saw,characters you met,etc.I didn't do this for several trips and found when I got home,I could not remember a lot of what I did.It really helps relive the trip.For example if someone is trying to remember how many times you rode Space Mountain,you can look at your journal and see that you rode Space Mountain on Monday and then twice on Thursday.Another thing that is a bit inconvenient at times to do,but is really a great way to remember your trip is to take a picture of the show or attraction sign you are doing either as you enter the show or attraction or as you are leaving,then you will have a photo record of everything you did.:)

That is some great advice! Thanks:cool1:

I take plenty of purse sized packages of Wet Ones wipes, good for cleaning up messy Mickey Ice Cream Bar hands and cooling off on a hot day! I also used the shoe bag tip and it was great for keeping everything organized in the bathroom and off the small counter space! Have a great time!!!!!!

We will be at WDW in August again this year and the one thing that I have on my list that is a MUST HAVE is misters!!!! I buy them at Walmart or some other discount store. The ones in WDW cost a fortune! I also take personal fans for everyone. These hang around the neck or will fit into the fannypak. Also, I take a washcloth from the room and soak it in cold water, then put it in a Ziploc bag(these are also a must!) with ice. This is great when the heat is getting to be too much for you. Most places will give you free ice and water so don't be afraid to ask!

That is all that I can think of at the moment. If I remember others, will post!

Barbara

By the way, for a "newbie" you're doing great, Alice!!!

We will be at WDW in August again this year and the one thing that I have on my list that is a MUST HAVE is misters!!!! I buy them at Walmart or some other discount store. By the way, for a "newbie" you're doing great, Alice!!!

Thanks. It's a combination of the teacher and the mom in me.

Those misters are on my "still to buy" list. There's a Walmart near here-- I've got to get there once the weather warms up a bit.

Great list of tips Alice :thumbsup2 While I'm completely OCD, I see I've missed a few things.

Still trying to figure out the baggallini craze. I need a bag for my August trip and haven't decided on one. I used a LeSportSac bag last month. Hmmmm maybe it's time for a change.

You already have a lot of good tips. In years past what I have done is taken my camelback backpack. That way I have storage for the things I need and water (I fill the bladder bag w/ as much ice as possible then put in water that way my water stays cold as the ice melts). I also use my cell phone (or camera) and take a picture of my kids before we leave the hotel room. That way if they get lost I have a picture of what they are wearing that day (becaue your mind will be frizzled when your little one goes missing). If you have younger kids who don't have names and #'s memorized, put the info on a sticker (nametag or something) and then place the sticker on the inside of their shirt (so noone around them can see it, but they can inform a cast member where to look). I'm sure I have others I just can't think of them right now.

Thanks so much for all the tips!! I like to be prepared as well. I think I have information overload!! I have not left the computer for weeks....not to mention these boards are addictive!!!

I know what you mean.

I have a week off from school (Long Island schools are enjoying February Break.) So what do I do, you ask? Laundry? Dishes? Lesson Planning?
nope!

I'm alternating between the DIS and a table of the rides and attractions at WDW, classifying each as a Must See, Optional, or a Skip, and listing height and other requirements.

I'm such a nerd!!!

Thanks for the post. A pretty good checklist. Never hurts to have a good reminder of things to take when planning a trip. Usually still find that we get there and have to go out and purchase something we forgot.

It's so nice to find other obsessed planners. We're not going until next June and her I am planning planning planning.I'm making dh nutty . He doen't get why I'm planning now when we won't be there for over a year. Hey ADR's can be booked in December of this year for June of next year. (I think that's what I read):rotfl:

It's so nice to find other obsessed planners. We're not going until next June and her I am planning planning planning.I'm making dh nutty . He doen't get why I'm planning now when we won't be there for over a year. Hey ADR's can be booked in December of this year for June of next year. (I think that's what I read):rotfl:

I think we ocd planners are the reason our family's trips go so well! I'm in the middle of planning our August trip and am already thinking about future trips :lmao:

Does anyone have a good packing list? That's what I need....

My family thinks I am nuts. I have three excel spreadsheets with everything that we need to pack, what goes in our carry on, questions for the hotel, what day we are going to do what, and we are leaving in July this year. I say it doesn't hurt to well plan out a vacation, especially when you have never been where you are going. We have never been to WDW and I need to know EVERYTHING!!! I am driving people nuts who have gone alot, and they look at me like I have three heads...LOL. I am one of those people who need to know everything, cause if anything is left behind, they all look at YOU...the MOM...how could you have forgotten my teddy bear??? You have had a year to plan it!!! LOL .........be prepared!!

My family thinks I am nuts. I have three excel spreadsheets with everything that we need to pack, what goes in our carry on, questions for the hotel, what day we are going to do what, and we are leaving in July this year. I say it doesn't hurt to well plan out a vacation, especially when you have never been where you are going. We have never been to WDW and I need to know EVERYTHING!!! I am driving people nuts who have gone alot, and they look at me like I have three heads...LOL. I am one of those people who need to know everything, cause if anything is left behind, they all look at YOU...the MOM...how could you have forgotten my teddy bear??? You have had a year to plan it!!! LOL .........be prepared!!

You're not alone here :rolleyes1

The only thing I would add is this:

Have a meeting place for each park in case someone in your party gets separated.

In the day before cell phones (OK, I'm showing my age) we had met up with my sister-in-law and her 3 kids at Epcot. Our party was my DH and my 2 DS. We are having a wonderful day until we get to Norway (no offense to Norway, this is just where it happened), I suddenly feel very ill with an upset stomach, knowing that I can't possibly ride the boat at Norway, I get out of line and go to the ladies room. Well they all went on the ride. We had said that we would meet up at the exit for the ride. Well I ended up collapsing in the ladies room. My sugar was all screwed up and a CM came upon me, they took me to the first aid area and everyone was wonderful, but it took a long time for me to come around and by that time my party thought that I had gone back to the room at the CBR, long story short, everyone was looking for me, my DH went back to CBR looking for me. When I was able and feeling much better I went and sat on a bench at Norway and waited for someone from my party to come and get me. Thankfully someone did, just in time for dinner at "The Land".

So I can't stress enough - have a meeting place. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter