Foiled again by FoP FP+....

The day we plan to go already has morning EMH so that'snot going to happen. I'm hoping if we rope drop at EMH we won't have to wait too long.
It can happen! They will just move the EMH an hour earlier too. There were 7am EMH days last June first week.

I was able to get FOP on 60+4 but first available was around noon. FEA 60+1 and 7DMT 60+5 at the times I wanted. I got what I wanted! SO shocked!! It was interesting I actually didn't get the times I wanted for silly things, but the big ticket items (FOP, FEA, 7DMT) were actually no problem.

Yesterday my brother and his wife were at AK. They followed the Touring PLans rope drop strategy (and actually got there later than planned). They were off FOP by 8:30am (got to AK at 7:25am). I helped them with 4th, 5th etc FPs after they tapped into their 3rd and was able to secure a FOP FP for them as their 6th FP and at a decent time. It happens, you just have to be persistent.

I don't think you can compare this week's crowds with the crowds surrounding Memorial Day. Most 4th and 5th desirous FP will not be as available day of.

Also as an aside I just don't get how people enjoy any of their park day or family obsessing over refreshing to see if fp are opened up especially with young children who need attention.

Maybe it's because I was lucky enough to get all the top fp rides scheduled at my 60 day even though we were going week before Easter and I wasn't on at 7am.

Sorry OP I may have been one of the people who gave you false hope. But I agree with posters who have said keep checking because when they extend park times more fp will become available

I forgot all about my 60 day window, so actually didn't get any FP's until around 55 days - got all I wanted then. But, we have zero desire to go near holidays. We are here now - crowds are fine, except for Sat/Sun.

I don't think you can compare this week's crowds with the crowds surrounding Memorial Day. Most 4th and 5th desirous FP will not be as available day of.

Also as an aside I just don't get how people enjoy any of their park day or family obsessing over refreshing to see if fp are opened up especially with young children who need attention.

Maybe it's because I was lucky enough to get all the top fp rides scheduled at my 60 day even though we were going week before Easter and I wasn't on at 7am.

Sorry OP I may have been one of the people who gave you false hope. But I agree with posters who have said keep checking because when they extend park times more fp will become available

Not all of us have young children ;) To us getting additional fastpasses is fun and we're always excited to see what we can get as the day goes on. Of course if someone doesn't want to do that, fine by me. I'm just saying if you have two (or more) adults in the party, or even one older child, someone can be looking now and then to see what you can get. Especially if you're waiting in a line or taking a rest anyway. Thankfully my son is old enough and more than excited to find fastpasses. Although he likes to troll me by getting the worst ones every so often, can't help that though it's still fun for us!

Not all of us have young children ;) To us getting additional fastpasses is fun and we're always excited to see what we can get as the day goes on. Of course if someone doesn't want to do that, fine by me. I'm just saying if you have two (or more) adults in the party, or even one older child, someone can be looking now and then to see what you can get. Especially if you're waiting in a line or taking a rest anyway. Thankfully my son is old enough and more than excited to find fastpasses. Although he likes to troll me by getting the worst ones every so often, can't help that though it's still fun for us!

I'm sure my DD12 will get a kick out of refreshing and seeing what additional FP+ we can get.

I'm sure my DD12 will get a kick out of refreshing and seeing what additional FP+ we can get.

It's a super fun way to keep them engaged and involved for sure.

I’d much rather refresh a few times over an hour while doing something else than stand in a 2+ hour line with kids. It’s people with kids who that benefits the most! Have you ever stood in line for hours with children? :crazy2:

The amount of times we've found TSMM over and over again is pretty nice, certainly beats waiting in the line. I'll be a little sad we probably won't be able to pull that off in June but oh well, at least I won't lose every time ;)

We just got back from a week at WDW and used FP+ for every ride and never used standby. My strategy was to get three FP+ in a row as early as I could, so I could get more sooner. As soon as I would tap in for one, I would try to move the next one up. There were just two of us, so that undoubtedly made it easier. And I was able to get a fourth and subsequent FP+ for any ride i wanted, including FoP, Soarin', FEA, etc. Admittedly, it took some serious refreshing for a few, but as a previous poster said, it beats standing in line for an hour when you can do the refreshing during down time, like on the bus.

i was able to get FOP for 60+8 on my trip. I wanted early morning cause we o in and are out of the parks by 12 in the summer. I tried to add it again for another day sooner but only was able to get 3 PM even for 1 person at a time in group of 4.

I got everything else for the whole trip including the mine train for 3 diff days. my kids love it.

I think we are going to hit MK at nights for rides during the fireworks. It's just easier.

I will say this was the most stressful FP booking I did and I have been doing them since day 1 when they started. I was all over the place. Tryign to do the hard rides and then coming back to that day to fill in the other 2 pics or 1 pic.

Also you can plan your FP where you aren't constantly on your phone.

My plan half of the days is to RD, do rides with minimal waits and no FP, start our FP for around mid morning (10-11, 11-12, 12-1- tapping the first one close to 11, then doing the second one right after and doing lunch right after the last one at 12 pm) and then do lunch after our FP+. When we are at lunch we will book our next FP, most likely for our PM park. Then head out for our midday break. Once we tap into that first FP at our PM park we will look for the next one. So we won't "constantly" be on our phone until the evening, if you consider that "constantly."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter