Foiled again by FoP FP+....

I did fp's this morning and got FOP no problem, I did it for my last day :) I didn't check other days. 60 + 4 by the way. I also got 7DMT no issue either. Could have had Pan but it did not fit into our timing yet.

I got FOP FPs for both of my AK days. One was for 5 people on day 5 at 6:25. That time actually works well for us since it is our afternoon/evening park. And I got one for 2 people on day 7 at 12:20. Again perfect time for our plans. I'm happy.

I was on the computer before 7 and and everything ready to go for our party of 5, and I had the app open on my phone ready to book for the party of 2. It worked out great.

Recent discussions had my hopes high for the chance to score some FoP FP's. I've seen several folks mention they had no issues getting them at the 60+ day window, and that they appeared to be easier to obtain these days. Alas...it is not!! Got up bright and early this morning, signed in right at 7a ET and....NOTHING AVAILABLE for the entire day!!! 3rd trip in a row I have got gotten the shaft. FoP FP's are like my unicorn at this point. It is literally the one thing at Disney that I have not been able to achieve...Lol!! So don't get too excited by the rhetoric on some of the threads, FoP is still in extremely high demand and if you don't have a reservation that is longer than about 4 days, and you are also able to plan on AK being your 4th or 5th day (to be fair, we are trying to go on our 2nd day which is day 61) be prepared for disappointment...

Ugh, now I have to check the App several times a day for the next 60 days. Isn't Disney planning fun? LOL!!
Oh geee I'm afraid this will be us too! We have our AK day planned for day 2 of our trip on a morning EMH day at the end of July.
I already have all our ADR's set for the other days. My teen says FOP is her favorite ride! I hope there will be some available.I really dont want to switch our days around for it.

No luck for me today. Second trip without getting FOP FPasses. I was up at 6:30 ready at 7:00 and tried for the second day of our trip!!!:confused:

We are in FL...Pasco County, so we are just over an hour away from WDW. Lots of people still get AP's and plan one day trips or mini-weekend trips.
FYI-schools get out May 25th-right at Memorial Day weekend this year. Not sure if the Orlando area schools are similar, but locals might be increasing the capacity that particular weekend to get away for the long weekend + to celebrate the end of the school year. Quite possible why that particular week might be even more busy!

I neglected to input my ticket info by Day 60. (I know, I know—I’ve been busy lately.) My nephew went ahead and made ADRs for everyone else, and a few days later, I added myself to all of them except FoP because it would have changed everyone’s FoP to evening.

I left their FPs alone and decided to skip the ride on our trip. It made me really sick last time. I’ve been thinking I’d give it another chance, but without a FP, I’ll just stay with the babies while the rest of the family rides.

I just can’t believe my niece is going to ride though. She got sicker than me last time.
You know that if there are babies to stay with, you can get a ride swap to watch the babies and then use the FP line on your turn. Even if you didn’t have a FP originally.

Present babies at the line entrance and the FP riders can get you a ride swap. The swap is good for three people so some of the older kids can ride again, with you.

This isn’t cheating. It’s how ride swap is supposed to work.

You know that if there are babies to stay with, you can get a ride swap to watch the babies and then use the FP line on your turn. Even if you didn’t have a FP originally.

Present babies at the line entrance and the FP riders can get you a ride swap. The swap is good for three people so some of the older kids can ride again, with you.

This isn’t cheating. It’s how ride swap is supposed to work.

That is how we rode last time. None of the babies are old or tall enough to ride.

My bro, sister-in-law and nephews went on the ride while my nieces and four great nieces went for a snack at Satuli. We got the great nieces a child’s cheeseburger pod meal, split a steak bowl, and had wine (nieces) and beer (me). The nieces and I went on FoP afterward.

I enjoyed that snack much more than FoP. I’m afraid that it’s a bit too intense for me and my one niece. She and I were shaky, nauseous wrecks after the ride.

Well shoot. I'm sorry. Maybe it's easier for folks who aren't already locked in to certain parks on specific days? I was completely open to any day, and found plenty of availability. I hate that this one ride is so hard to nail FP. Shouldn't be this hard.

My window opened two weeks ago and TWO of us were logged on and ready before 7am and there was nothing on day 60, even breaking our party of 6 into small groups and singles. We were able to get them for day 61 in the evening, but did small groups of overlapping times. It still holds true that the farther out you can go from 60 days, the better chance you have.

We purposely left a lot of wiggle room in our schedule and those of us without APs got hoppers so we had flexibility, but you're right....it should not be this hard.

Unfortunately for us we are traveling form Atlanta for a 3 day weekend and had to do the AK on our first day (Memorial Day Saturday) as we are doing Star Wars Galactic Nights on Sunday. We were logged in on 2 computers and refreshed for 5 minutes but still did not get a sniff of a FOP Fast Pass for just 2. We are staying on-site so we will be up EARLY to take advantage of Early Entry and hope for a FP to open up as my wife really wants to ride this twice.

Ugh, sorry, OP! That is disappointing...we were one of those with the “luck” to get FPs on day 61 of our trip...had our choice of times throughout the day.

Just an update for those keeping track as people can make FP+ into June now. I was on right at 7 AM this morning for a May 31 check in, and there were no FP for FOP on days 60, 61, or 62, at any time (those days were May 31, June 1, and June 2).

I was able to get a 12:55pm fastpass for FOP for my 65 day this morning. I was on the Disney website at exactly 7:00am.

Just an update for those keeping track as people can make FP+ into June now. I was on right at 7 AM this morning for a May 31 check in, and there were no FP for FOP on days 60, 61, or 62, at any time (those days were May 31, June 1, and June 2).

Thanks for the update. That weekend is also a big event weekend (Gay Days at WDW) thus expected to be super busy.

I'd keep checking MDE. I got us 2 for our trip at 60 days out. One was for our third day there and the other was for our fourth day there. Then Disney updated AK's hours and extended them which threw a wrench in all my plans, so I cancelled those two FP and got another one for Saturday evening about 31 days before our trip.

If Disney extends park hours they will release more fastpasses. Is that a possibility for your dates? Of not I would just arrive 60 to 90 mins before opening and ride at RD.
When park hours changed for my recent march trip I stalked fast passes for four days. All hours of the day and night. Lots of company from these boards.

Was rewarded for my efforts when they finally dropped. My husband and I went on it on three times over our 9 days!

Just a heads up for everyone. Our Animal Kingdom day is June 8. There were still plenty of FoP options when I snagged ours this morning. ;) Go go go!

Originally I wanted to do AK on our arrival day (day 60) but was too spooked so moved it to 60+3 and booked FP for 60+5 as well. Then park hours were extended at AK on 60+3 so I dropped my AK FP on 60+5 thinking I will be able to get on Navi River at park closing. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is people's plans do change, keep checking for openings. Just yesterday I was able to snag 4 FEA FP in Epcot early afternoon for our early May trip, likely someone changed their plans and they opened. Keep a close watch on those park hour changes and Good luck to everyone trying!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter