For those who normally use a rental car but used ME this time...

Alice Sr.

My little Mouseketeer
I posted this on the Transportation board but did not get a response, thought I might have better luck here.

I'm not at all concerned about ME, and I will be using it. I'm all for letting someone else pick up and deliver my luggage. My concern is after we get to WDW. If there is anyone out there that usually uses a rental car to get around, but used WDW transportation this time in favor of ME, I would love to hear your experience. I did reserve a car to pick up at the Dolphin but it's just me and my DD (17) this time, and we will probably only spend 3-4 hours a day at the parks so it's not like we have a lot of ground we want to cover. TIA

I would also like to know about experiences with ME, including how long it took for the luggage to get to the room and the fare.

R Y

I would just like to get my luggage tags.

Leaving on 22nd and other (non DVC) folks are getting theirs.

Are other DVCers getting their tags?

We ALWAYS rent a car. So I will post as I have a chance
about the comparison.

:cool1:

OkieDisney said:

about the comparison.

Great thanks, I look forward to hearing your opinion. Hope you get those illusive tags ;) seems like most posts I have seen they are getting them a day or two before they leave via FedEx. Good luck, hope you have a great time.

I have planned to take ME for our trip. I hate driving and am too very happy to have someone else handle the luggage and do the driving to and from the airport.

I however like the convience of a car while on site. I've just posted my second question on the board asking if anyone has experience with renting a car after they check in.

The first posting was misunderstood and people gave me tips about rental car discounts and how to get to from the airport to the resort without a rental car.

We havent had a rental before on property but did have our own vehicle on a couple of trips. So with that in mind I would say maybe the biggest difference for us in having a vehicle would be we can go eat at one of the resort restaurants easier than going through WDW transportation. Ex.,.....If we are staying at VWL and want to venture to AKL to eat at Boma, we can hop in our car and be there in 15 mins., but WDW transportation might take 1 hr. and 15 mins.
Another advantage for us in having a car is going to DTD. Transportation to and from DTD is always slow for us it seems.
But with all this being said,WDW transportation is still great in getting to the parks.

Have Fun!

We used ME for a non-DVC trip (5/13 - 5/17) at Pop Century and it was fantastic. We will never, ever, ever rent a car again (unless ME starts charging an outrageous amount of money when the free trial ends in Dec 2006).

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

iankh said:
I have planned to take ME for our trip. I hate driving and am too very happy to have someone else handle the luggage and do the driving to and from the airport.

I however like the convience of a car while on site. I've just posted my second question on the board asking if anyone has experience with renting a car after they check in.

The first posting was misunderstood and people gave me tips about rental car discounts and how to get to from the airport to the resort without a rental car.

We are getting rental car for a day from the Dolphin. National I think.

I will post about how that goes!!!

:wizard:

Check at the desk when you get there or ahead of time . they will bring a car to your resort for you. I think it''s eithe r thrifty or national that Disney uses as the " official rental car of WDW.. Have fun!
Personally I get A car at the airport and drive. rates are cheap aI feel naked without a car. Plus I have to get to Margaritaville! Also groceries are much cheaper at a regular grocery store...

OkieDisney said:

about the comparison.

We are DVC members also heading to WDW on the 22nd (staying on points). As of this morning, we still have received no tags here either. I have called ME a few times over the last few weeks just to make sure they had all of our info correct-which they did. I do hope they get here before we leave, but I am ok with it if they don't. We have a couple more days for them to get here. Best of luck to you getting your tags. Hopefully they show up before we leave! Either way have a great trip!

We have rented a car twice in our 27 trips. Once because we stayed at the BW and the bus service was rumored to have been under par, the other because my husband was attending a conference offsite. We used it a few days but don't really need it. If we are truly exhausted or are dining at another resort late at night we just take a cab-$5-$7, plus tip.

As for going grocery shopping we will always use wegoshop. They go to the grocery of your choice, use coupons and deliver to your room for a very small fee. It was wonderful!! :flower:

KathyR said:
We are DVC members also heading to WDW on the 22nd (staying on points). As of this morning, we still have received no tags here either. I have called ME a few times over the last few weeks just to make sure they had all of our info correct-which they did. I do hope they get here before we leave, but I am ok with it if they don't. We have a couple more days for them to get here. Best of luck to you getting your tags. Hopefully they show up before we leave! Either way have a great trip!

Have you been calling MS or ME? I tried ME but they keep telling me
to call MS. I call MS and they say everything is in.

Should I try ME again?

Thanks

We are leaving on the 21st and we have not received our tags either. I called MS and was told that we will probably not receive the tags before we leave. No big deal. We just have to give them our luggage receipts in Orlando and they will take care of the rest.

OkieDisney said:
Have you been calling MS or ME? I tried ME but they keep telling me
to call MS. I call MS and they say everything is in.

Should I try ME again?

Thanks

I have been calling the Magical Express number. I have NEVER been told to call MS. Each time they have been happy to look it up for me. The first time I called was around the 3rd of May, and at that point they had our reservations messed up pretty good. I will say that we do have a confusing set of reservations though. We have my husband, kids and I arriving on one date. My husband going home a week before the kids and I, and we have guests coming in on the day my husband leaves, and they are going home with the kids and I another week later. On top of that mess, we are changing resorts 1 week into our trip and rooms half way through our stay at the second resort. So, we arrive one resort, change resort my husband leaves from second reservation, guests arrive 3rd reservation and then we leave with them off of the 3rd reservation. WOW! I am surprised I can keep it straight!!! It took 1 phone call to straighten it all out. (Thanks Pam at DME! I sent Disney a complimentary email on her behalf) I have called back once/week just to make sure it is still straight, and thankfully it is! They are now asking for your ressie number (your room reservation confirmation number) when you call (at least they have the last 2 times I called), so be prepared with that. I would suggest calling them again. When I called, I never said I was DVC or anything. I just said that I would like to confirm my DME reservation, and we go from there. Good luck! Give them a call. BTW still no tags :(

I just got off the phone w/ME once again to double check procedure when you have not received tags and to ask how long my bags would be going around the carousel before they are removed. She assured me it would not be long after check in. I will be taking a photo of my luggage along with a sample of my ribbons to hand them to help them more quickly remove my bags from the carousel.

Anyway, I wanted to give everyone an update on the new way they are answering the phones. There are now prompts for you to choose what category you fit into (press 1 for one thing, press 2 for another, etc.). They also state on the message if you are DVC member to call member services. I just stayed on the line and pressed nothing, and they answered the phone and took care of me with no problems. I did not state whether I was a DVC member or not, and she did not ask. She looked up my reservation because she was very surprised I had not received my tags yet and all was still correct in the system. I am hopeful they will arrive today or tomorrow.

I just wanted you to know you can ignore the call MS thing and stay on the line, and they will be able to look you up with your DVC resort reservation number.

I am leaving Sunday, 5/22, :cool1: :goodvibes and haven't gotten my tags either. I have called ME, and all my information is correct. I'm just disappointed because others who are leaving next week have gotten their tags, by FedEx. Also, I would like to have the coupon for the lanyard and pins. :confused3

In any case, I am still excited about the trip, nothing will dim this magic!!

Jeanne

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Well KathyR and jeannejj at least we are all in the same boat. No tags.

I will take your advice and call tomorrow and double check that they
have the flight info.

Do you think that there is an issue with DVC and ME?

Why did the three of us that are DVC and leaving 5/22 not get tags?

:(

I hope there is no issue w/DVC reservations, but I suppose it is possible. I know they were having issues w/the CRO computers and ME computers "talking" to each other to share reservation information. Perhaps they are having issues w/the MS computers as well, and they have not fixed the problems yet.

BTW-We did not get our tags today either, so maybe/hopefully we will get them tomorrow. I assume they are not delivering on Saturdays; therfore, if not tomorrow, I guess we are all out of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter