Free Dining Code?

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
Can someone explain to me what the free dining plan is all about? How does it work? Do you get a certain amount of vouchers or something?

I know you have to be sent a PIN code to get it.

If you have the pin attatched to your name you basically pay rack rate for your room and regular price for the tickets and get the MYW dining plan free.

The dining plan includes one counter service meal, one snack, and one table service meal per day (ts includes app, entree and desert) the plan also pays tax and tip. All the meals for your party are pooled together and can be used in any way you wish up until midnight on the day you check out.

If you want more info see the Dining Plan FAQ thread in the Restaurant forum!

Have a great day!

Mousesavers.com says the free dining plan code will be coming out for all very soon (for those same Sept-Oct 4 dates.)

funcinderella said:
Mousesavers.com says the free dining plan code will be coming out for all very soon (for those same Sept-Oct 4 dates.)
I just read that too!! It says to check back tomorrow for more info. I just hope and pray the same offer will be made for the rest of the year! I'm almost tempted to change my dates just to make sure I get to take advantage of the offer. Hmmmm..... :scratchin

My Magical Journeys agent eluded to this in her email this morning so something must be going to happen. It would be worth it for me NOT to renew my AP if this is the case. Time shall tell.

Is this something any travel agent can take advantage of or would I have to go through someone else?

I ask this because my trip is actually going to be finalized in the next few hours, and when I told her about the site and all she knew nothing about this, but if I can get her more info let her know. I can wait less than 24 hours to take advantage of this!!!!!!!

:flower: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :flower: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :flower:

This is me, doing my happy dance. :banana: I have my ressies all booked and just need to attach that code tomorrow. I am going to be so sad if the rumor is not true. But I trust Mary and someone else said a travel agent confirmed the info...

In classic Disney budget style I will use this code to "save money" by adding 4 nights to the week we had planned. DH loves the way I save money :rotfl:

I would bet that any travel agent can take advantage of it. Disney doesn't make special offers only to one agency and I can't imagine that the commission on a 5 night pacakage at a value resort would be enough for an individual agency to make that offer on their own (IE to pay for your dining for you out of their pocket to entice you to book with them). So I would bet it is an offer that will be available to any travel agent.

I just read somewhere else on the boards that someone was told by a CM that this offer will be for Fla residents only. :confused3 Of course you know how often the info they give turns out to be wrong!

Hey Sandy,
I just noticed you are originally from "Western NY" I grew up in Amherst/Williamsville NY. Where are you from?
Haley

I wonder how this is going to work for people who already have their trips planned that include the MW dining plan..are you able to change your reservation to get this deal...as it is we are paying almost 700 for the dining plan for our trip

kruggel2004 said:
I wonder how this is going to work for people who already have their trips planned that include the MW dining plan..are you able to change your reservation to get this deal...as it is we are paying almost 700 for the dining plan for our trip

You can apply the code :goodvibes It has always been the way I used codes, I book first to get my dates and rooms exactly as I want them, then I call back and they apply the code! Just to be extra safe I always double check if this is true. Yesterday I was told, yep if you get a PIN or CODE you can apply it to this resservation and we just lower the total due :banana: :banana: If you are paid in full you get a credit back, and if it is less than 45 days you have to pay $50 to make the change.

I second that rumor.
Another travel agent here confirming that the free dinning plan offer will be open to the general public as of tomorrow 6/2/2005. Dates of use are Aug 21 through Oct 4.
Congratulations to all!!! You pixie dust spreaders really came through this time!!!!!!

HaleyB said:
Hey Sandy,
I just noticed you are originally from "Western NY" I grew up in Amherst/Williamsville NY. Where are you from?
Haley

Hi Haley,

I'm from East Aurora (Toy Town). :teeth:

From MouseSavers.com
Coming soon - FREE dining plan when you buy a 5-night or longer Walt Disney World vacation package, valid for check-ins 8/21/05-10/4/05! Check back here tomorrow for details!

Zandy595 said:
From MouseSavers.com

Okay..question, can the new AP code and the free dining be combined?? (I have a feeling I know the answer.)

I'm sure that the AP code and free dining can't be combined because it is on packages booked at rack rates. Now I'm wondering how this will work out if you got a really good room deal? Are you better off keeping the cheaper room or getting the free dining???

barb45 said:
I'm sure that the AP code and free dining can't be combined because it is on packages booked at rack rates. Now I'm wondering how this will work out if you got a really good room deal? Are you better off keeping the cheaper room or getting the free dining???

The tickets are just about a "wash" in my view. Whether you are better off with free dining or a cheaper room varies on whether you were staying value or deluxe to begin with (free dining is much better deal on value/moderate stays since you are paying rack rate), how long you are stayin, and how economical you'd want to try to eat.

I just found out from my Disney TA that the free dining plan that is rumored to be happening tomorrow WILL be happening tomorrow! Go to mousesavers.com to read up on it. It's good for 8/21-10/4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter