Free Dining Code?

Do you mind if I ask what resort you booked and/or did it work out to really be free dining?

I'm a TA so I was booking it for several different clients at different resorts. I didn't have anyone in values for this deal but at POFQ, POR, CS, WL, AKL and BC it worked out no problem! And yes, it did work out to free dining! :goodvibes One particular family has 2 teenagers and was staying 9 nights so for 4 adults on the meal plan that is $140 per day times 9 nights it saved them $1260. Considering that I didn't contact them yesterday and say it was coming out, I just applied the code today and called to say "GUESS WHAT?!?" they were pretty shocked...but in a very good way! :rotfl: I love making calls like that! :wizard:

BTW...I see you are an LSU gal! I got my masters there in 95. :) Geaux tigers! :)

mom2thomasfans said:
you have to stay in a value resort to take advantage of this offer. Maybe it will be different tomorrow, but that's what I've read/seen in other discussions. We'll know for sure in the a.m. That works for us since one DS wants to stay at All-Star Sports and the other wants to stay at Pop Century. I hope my TA gets to work early tomorrow so I can add the code and additional days to my ressie! :cool1:

Not true - we have it for our stay at CBR...

So does this mean I can book a room at a value resort for 7 nights for my 2 adult kids and 2 junior kids. Pay for one day tickets for each and get the dining for free. I did the math and it's about $860. I will cancel my current reservation for them if this is the case. I have a CM other guest room for them and it would end up costing $492 more for 4 tickets and 4 of them to eat for 7 days.

Lollipop Mom said:
I'm a TA so I was booking it for several different clients at different resorts. I didn't have anyone in values for this deal but at POFQ, POR, CS, WL, AKL and BC it worked out no problem! And yes, it did work out to free dining! :goodvibes One particular family has 2 teenagers and was staying 9 nights so for 4 adults on the meal plan that is $140 per day times 9 nights it saved them $1260. Considering that I didn't contact them yesterday and say it was coming out, I just applied the code today and called to say "GUESS WHAT?!?" they were pretty shocked...but in a very good way! :rotfl: I love making calls like that! :wizard:

BTW...I see you are an LSU gal! I got my masters there in 95. :) Geaux tigers! :)
OK, I knew I liked you for some reason ;) I graduated in 1998 (in my mid 20's) and went to Southeastern for my Masters. I sure hope you aren't a bulldog fan now :sad2:
After I posted that question I saw you were a travel agent. I read about this yesterday and did the math for the Poly. Then today I saw some sample prices and when I went to disneyworld.com and did the pricing as a package, it was still coming up $400.00 more than what it should have been (I followed a link from a thread here for the sample pricing). Anyway to make a long story short it did work out as I had projected at the Poly and we have the package!!

Ok, help me understand this. I am trying to crunch the numbers to find out which is a better deal for my father and his finace who is vacationing with us this October.

Right now we have both our rooms under the AP rate at the Coronado. We will be in the parks 5 days but staying 7 nights. So if he were to buy a 5 day ticket would that mean he only gets the meal plan for 5 nights or all 7??

sad day for me......lol,

My TA said she wasn't able to apply the code...I guess she's not one of the autorized TA's for the code!!!!

oh well, I guess I will still have to have fun even though I will be paying for my food. I know such a hard luck story poor me ging to disney world and as to pay for food like the majority of people that will be there when I am.

cobbler said:
Ok, help me understand this. I am trying to crunch the numbers to find out which is a better deal for my father and his finace who is vacationing with us this October.

Right now we have both our rooms under the AP rate at the Coronado. We will be in the parks 5 days but staying 7 nights. So if he were to buy a 5 day ticket would that mean he only gets the meal plan for 5 nights or all 7??

Go to the Disney website and you can play with how much the package will be for rooms/tickets. For us, two adults at a Moderate the difference between a 5 day ticket and a 7 day ticket was seriously $6!!!!! That is because they "reward" longer stays. I've heard it both ways, that you can get a one day ticket and your meals are the number of nights you are staying, and that your meals are the number of days you have park tickets. But with the VERY SMALL difference b/w a 5 day pass and a 7 day pass, why not just get the 7 day? Then, if they want to head to a park just for dinner, they are fine.

Oops - wrote the above before I noticed the thing about the AP rate. You can't combine AP rate & the dining add on!! AP rate is for room-only.... If he wants the meal plan, he'd have to get the whole package - room + tickets and room at rack rate. That would nto really make sense for them to be on the dining plan and you would not be??

cobbler said:

All 7 nights would have the free dining plan! Is the discount with AP more than they would spend on food normally? or less? That is the real test. The Dining plan is sold for $35 a night pp. I can't image eating more than 1 TS and 1 CS in a day. For us it was a no brainer because we have 2 kids, and it is a great deal for them. With just 2 adults it really is a closer call. It is a great excuse to try out new TS places and order dessert :) but the savings might not be much from what he would have spent.

I think, love food and like TS in WDW=Dining plan best deal

Rather eat at the food and wine festival and not into spending 2 hours on a meal at WDW=AP code better deal

This is from MouseSavers.com

"Helpful hint for those who already have tickets or Annual Passes: This package is just like regular Magic Your Way packages in that the minimum ticket length is only ONE day! So you could even book a 10-night package with 10 days of FREE dining plan and a 1-day ticket. Because of this, it may be worthwhile to consider the Free Dining package even if you already have tickets."

Zandy595 said:
This is from MouseSavers.com

"Helpful hint for those who already have tickets or Annual Passes: This package is just like regular Magic Your Way packages in that the minimum ticket length is only ONE day! So you could even book a 10-night package with 10 days of FREE dining plan and a 1-day ticket. Because of this, it may be worthwhile to consider the Free Dining package even if you already have tickets."

Does this 1-day ticket have to be purchased for everyone in the group. For instance, we have AP's and want to do the dining package thing. I order 1-day tickets for all three of us and get the package rate and the dining free and use our AP's for the other days that we are there. Is this what you are saying?

mickeyluv said:
Does this 1-day ticket have to be purchased for everyone in the group. For instance, we have AP's and want to do the dining package thing. I order 1-day tickets for all three of us and get the package rate and the dining free and use our AP's for the other days that we are there. Is this what you are saying?

Yes, everybody in the room has to be booked with the same package/number of days on tickets. :)

foolishmortal said:
sad day for me......lol,

My TA said she wasn't able to apply the code...I guess she's not one of the autorized TA's for the code!!!!

oh well, I guess I will still have to have fun even though I will be paying for my food. I know such a hard luck story poor me ging to disney world and as to pay for food like the majority of people that will be there when I am.

Honey, EVERY agent can book this! If your TA says she cannot, it is probably because she will make LESS money. If you just booked yesterday, cancel and book with a better agent!

Conkozan said:
Honey, EVERY agent can book this! If your TA says she cannot, it is probably because she will make LESS money. If you just booked yesterday, cancel and book with a better agent!

I was just about to post the samething! If she won't get the code applied for you, tell her you are going to cancel and go with another agent. There shouldn't be any penalty for cancelling unless you are 90 days or less away from your arrival date! It is an awful lot of $$ to say "oh well" about! I would even call Disneydirect and get your dates/resort pacakge price to have as a backup (you can put the ressie on hold for a day or two!)

I'm so glad you 2 just posted that. She needs to find a new agent if hers won't do this.

This happened to friends of ours last year. They were going the same time as us and a code came out. I told her about it and told her to call her TA right away. I called to follow up with her to make sure she had done it and ask her how much she saved and she said, "TA said we are not eligible". They were. She didn't want to upset the TA and insist that they were. They probably lost at least $500. :sad2:

Conkozan said:

Or call CRO and book it yourself.

foolishmortal said:
sad day for me......lol,

We are such a concerned helpful group :grouphug: but I PM'ed her the same thing right after that post was made. She booked a 3rd party discounted package with air, through Jet Blue. I have read one or two others say if your package includes air you can't rebook to get the code because you already have a discount and you can't cancel the air portion w/o big fees.

If you are a TA and know this to be untrue please post, but I think she is right. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter