Free Dining released for various dates through Dec.2012

We are booked Dec 9-14. I saw the free dining pin is from the 10-13th. Even if we check in on the 9th, can we get free dining for the remainder of our trip? Does everyone think these dates will be the same for the general public when they are released?

Thanks

We are booked Dec 9-14. I saw the free dining pin is from the 10-13th. Even if we check in on the 9th, can we get free dining for the remainder of our trip? Does everyone think these dates will be the same for the general public when they are released?

Thanks

If you want to have free dining, you must check in on a covered date. You would need to do a room only reservation for the night of the 9th and then checkout and back in on the 10th to start your free dining package. You can keep the same ticket length, but you would have to pick them up "early" (as in prior to your package) at guest relations at a park.

I really hope the dates are different for the public. I've got 10 families that I've booked trips for in Nov/Dec that are hoping for Free Dining and NONE of them fall into free dining dates listed. We can change them, but then we would have to change all their dining as well and I'm sure we couldn't get the restaurants and times we have now.

We were originally booked December 7 -16 at POR. I just called and extended our reservation until December 18, and we double booked dining reservations as much as possible for the things we wanted. For example, we have a tradition of going to 'Ohana on our last night, and we have it booked two different nights for this trip, Biergarten a couple of times (also a tradition), Whispering Canyon a couple of times. I do not have the PIN on my reservation, but I am a Visa Rewards cardholder so we should get something before it goes to the GP. Just waiting for the announcement so we can finalize. The only bad thing about the change are the crowd levels, The difference in anticipated crowd levels from one weekend to the next was pretty significant according to Touring Plans. However, knowing I saved over $1,200 on dining will make up for that. Fingers crossed!!

I really hope the dates are different for the public. I've got 10 families that I've booked trips for in Nov/Dec that are hoping for Free Dining and NONE of them fall into free dining dates listed. We can change them, but then we would have to change all their dining as well and I'm sure we couldn't get the restaurants and times we have now.

IIRC, if those trips are cancelled and re-booked with free dining applied, then the ticket prices will be at the new pricing and not the old. That's if the original package was booked prior to the ticket price increase in June.

It's one of the reasons why I'm not applying any other discounts. Because once I do that, I will have to cancel everything and re-book with the free dining discount. Unfortunately, that means that the old ticket prices will be gone and we will have to book with the new price increase.

IIRC, if those trips are cancelled and re-booked with free dining applied, then the ticket prices will be at the new pricing and not the old. That's if the original package was booked prior to the ticket price increase in June.

It's one of the reasons why I'm not applying any other discounts. Because once I do that, I will have to cancel everything and re-book with the free dining discount. Unfortunately, that means that the old ticket prices will be gone and we will have to book with the new price increase.

Applying a discount to an already booked package does not require you to cancel and rebook. It is just a modification to an existing package.

Applying a discount to an already booked package does not require you to cancel and rebook. It is just a modification to an existing package.

Sorry, I should have been a little more clearer :blush:. If a package is booked and has a discount already applied, it would need to cancelled and then re-booked with the new discount. At least that's what the CM confirmed for me when I called to see if I had the free dining code.

We currently have a pin code for 10% off our room. If we were to apply that to our already booked package and then want to switch to the free dining when that becomes available, we would need to cancel the original and re-book with the new discount. Which, unfortunately means that we would be paying the new ticket prices.

Sorry, I should have been a little more clearer :blush:. If a package is booked and has a discount already applied, it would need to cancelled and then re-booked with the new discount. At least that's what the CM confirmed for me when I called to see if I had the free dining code.

We currently have a pin code for 10% off our room. If we were to apply that to our already booked package and then want to switch to the free dining when that becomes available, we would need to cancel the original and re-book with the new discount. Which, unfortunately means that we would be paying the new ticket prices.

I was booked with a 10% off and then got a 30% code later. I didn't cancel and rebook.:confused3 I have had the same reservation number the whole time. I would think if it were canceled and rebooked without me knowing then it would generate a new confirmation number. You might want to call back and ask a different CM and see what they say. Though, I would think that FD would more than cover the additional ticket cost anyway even with the 10% off. You might want to run the numbers and see if it is still better to switch.

I was booked with a 10% off and then got a 30% code later. I didn't cancel and rebook.:confused3 I have had the same reservation number the whole time. I would think if it were canceled and rebooked without me knowing then it would generate a new confirmation number. You might want to call back and ask a different CM and see what they say. Though, I would think that FD would more than cover the additional ticket cost anyway even with the 10% off. You might want to run the numbers and see if it is still better to switch.

I'm with smitch. We currently have 30% off with a PIN code we received in February. All the changes I've made to my reservation are under the same number with the same 30% off discount. You can make changes to your reservation up to 45 days before you go (I think) which is about the time our full payment must be made. We are waiting to apply free dining and move our check in dates to correspond with those dates when they are released. I have added extra days onto the end of our reservation not knowing what the free dining dates will be for the GP. Once we apply free dining, we will lose our 30% off pin because you can not have both. You don't have to cancel and rebook, just modify your reservation.

woohoo I was able to book free dining via my visa card this morning. Thank you disboards, without you all it wouldn't of happened!

Keeping an eye out for a friend...are suites at AOA included in the free dining?

Keeping an eye out for a friend...are suites at AOA included in the free dining?

Yes, but they may be limited. It is best to call first thing Thursday morning for the best chance of getting what they want. If they have a Disney Visa, they can call right now!:goodvibes

Yes, but they may be limited. It is best to call first thing Thursday morning for the best chance of getting what they want. If they have a Disney Visa, they can call right now!:goodvibes

I have Disney VISA card and I went onto the credit card website and there is nothing in the special offers section for free dining. Does it matter that its not posted? I am not sure what I should say when I call (since my trip is already booked with my Disney Visa).

I have Disney VISA card and I went onto the credit card website and there is nothing in the special offers section for free dining. Does it matter that its not posted? I am not sure what I should say when I call (since my trip is already booked with my Disney Visa).

Just call and say that you know that there is a FD offer for Visa holders. This late in the day all the CMs should know about it by now. This morning it took forever for my CM to find it, but she eventually did. Good luck!

Yes, go ahead and call. They are well aware of the fd discount. I added fd this morning around 8:30 and the CM knew why I was calling. Since you booked using your DV, all you'll have to do is provide a few numbers of the cc to verify things. Just tell them you want to get the Disney Visa FD. They'll do the rest. Rooms are going fast, so call now!

If we are booked under a free dining PIN under my boyfriend's name and he decided he doesn't want to go anymore, there isn't any possible way to remove his name from the reservation?

I know we could probabaly keep him on there but we would have to pay for at least the two day ticket and I don't really want to do that..

If we did do that could we keep his ticket unused and use his for next time?

If we are booked under a free dining PIN under my boyfriend's name and he decided he doesn't want to go anymore, there isn't any possible way to remove his name from the reservation?

I know we could probabaly keep him on there but we would have to pay for at least the two day ticket and I don't really want to do that..

If we did do that could we keep his ticket unused and use his for next time?

When are you going and where are you staying? FD came out to Disney Visa holders today and will go to the general public on Thursday. I would try to switch to that offer. I don't think they will let you keep the PIN if he doesn't go.

When are you going and where are you staying? FD came out to Disney Visa holders today and will go to the general public on Thursday. I would try to switch to that offer. I don't think they will let you keep the PIN if he doesn't go.

I would do that, but we are booked in an Art of Animation LM room.

P.S. Is that an OSU jersey you are wearing in that pic?? Ohio State Grad right here =) Originally from Toledo.

I would do that, but we are booked in an Art of Animation LM room.

P.S. Is that an OSU jersey you are wearing in that pic?? Ohio State Grad right here =) Originally from Toledo.

Hmmm... I would call and see what they say about keeping that PIN if he doesn't show up. I would hate for you to get charged rack rate once you arrive and he isn't there.

It is a University of Dayton football jersey, but I won't hold your college choice against you.;):rotfl2::goodvibes

Hmmm... I would call and see what they say about keeping that PIN if he doesn't show up. I would hate for you to get charged rack rate once you arrive and he isn't there.

It is a University of Dayton football jersey, but I won't hold your college choice against you.;):rotfl2::goodvibes

Haha, I didn't even know University of Dayton's color was red!

I will just force him to go. Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter