From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK finally caught up!!

Got the lanyard PM done - those are awesome!!

Have to get excursions figured out - we can book next week - but we will be out of town....maybe can try from the hotel room. Or have TA do it. :confused3

Got FE ordered - and FE gifts.

Starting to pick things up here and there - I wish I had room here to put the suitcases out and just start putting things in them as I think of them/buy them.
But also need to buy new suitcases...:rotfl:

Alan, DH is a Giants fan. But I am giving him grief tonight. GO PADRES!! I grew up in So Cal so Dodgers, Angels and Padres for me. Don't really follow baseball like I used to in my youth.

Whew!

Glad it's the weekend...crazy busy this week. DD had a field trip which was nice. It was a tour of a theater in Orange County. Showed them how an entire production is put together - costumes made, sets built..really nice and it was free! :banana:

DD started selling nuts and candy for Girl Scouts today so that kept us busy as well. We won tickets for a water park so we are heading out tomorrow for a few hours to enjoy the warm day!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! :cool1:

Alan, DH is a Giants fan. But I am giving him grief tonight. GO PADRES!! I grew up in So Cal so Dodgers, Angels and Padres for me. Don't really follow baseball like I used to in my youth.
Just chant 1954. That was the last time those duds won a World Series. Back then they were known as the New York Giants. They were butt heads then too.

If anyone is interested in joining us, my family and I (3 adults, 2 children) are booking a whale watching tour in Cabo San Lucas aboard the "L'Atitude 32", a beautiful 52 foot Beneteau cruising sailboat. We will be sailing with Captain Bob of Day Sail Cabo.

The tour is from 9am-Noon (local time). We are in-port from 7:45am-3:30pm that day.

On TripAdvisor.com, Day Sail Cabo is ranked #2 of 113 attractions in Cabo, with a TripAdvisor Traveler Rating of 5 out of 5. The reviews are fabulous! I have been in regular contact with Captain Bob, and he is very friendly and informative.

This is more of a "private-type" sailing...a total of 12 passengers. It is a little more expensive for adults than the DCL-sponsored one ($75 vs $60), but cheaper for children ($37.50 vs. $40). Children are 12 and under. A 50% deposit is due upon booking.

What sold me was the ability to go inside, should anyone (particularly the children) feel any motion-sickness, or need to escape the sun.

There are 7 more openings for anyone who is interested.

Please contact Captain Bob directly if you are interested, or have any questions. His contact information is on the web site.

If anyone is interested in joining us, my family and I (3 adults, 2 children) are booking a whale watching tour in Cabo San Lucas aboard the "L'Atitude 32", a beautiful 52 foot Beneteau cruising sailboat. We will be sailing with Captain Bob of Day Sail Cabo.

The tour is from 9am-Noon (local time). We are in-port from 7:45am-3:30pm that day.

On TripAdvisor.com, Day Sail Cabo is ranked #2 of 113 attractions in Cabo, with a TripAdvisor Traveler Rating of 5 out of 5. The reviews are fabulous! I have been in regular contact with Captain Bob, and he is very friendly and informative.

This is more of a "private-type" sailing...a total of 12 passengers. It is a little more expensive for adults than the DCL-sponsored one ($75 vs $60), but cheaper for children ($37.50 vs. $40). Children are 12 and under. A 50% deposit is due upon booking.

What sold me was the ability to go inside, should anyone (particularly the children) feel any motion-sickness, or need to escape the sun.

There are 7 more openings for anyone who is interested.

Please contact Captain Bob directly if you are interested, or have any questions. His contact information is on the web site.

Looks very nice! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Hi all - way behind again - I don't seem to get much spare time, even with school holidays.....

Just wanted to quickly pop on to say that we still don't know what excursions we'll be doing yet, as it's still 3 weeks until we can book :(

Linda - if we don't get our first choice in Aruba, then we'll sign up for the banana bus. No whale watching for us, as we've done it here in Oz.

Lanyards and logos all look fabulous, everyone - many thanks coming from us :)

Off to work in an hour, and it's going to be a doozy....

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers,
Sally :)

Just trying to get a handle on the disboards as well as learn all we can about the cruise and participating in the fun...Whew!

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Dateline Old Key West
For the last time :sad2: We leave for home today. It's been a magical vacation with the grandkids, but omg, are they high maintnance! I need a vacation from my vacation!

Just trying to get a handle on the disboards as well as learn all we can about the cruise and participating in the fun...Whew!

Read the first post on page one of this thread! It will fill you in on all the current information for this cruise group.

Wishing you all a Magical day!

Sounds so close when you say it that way! :scared1:
I better start packing! :)

I am really thinking our warm weather is done so I AM going to start packing this weekend as I change out my closet. Why put it away to take it out again???

:welcome: Wyndi Mother - LindaBabe has done an awesome job keeping important items summarized on the first page of this post. Once your post count gets to 10, you will be able to send a PM to Jeff so that you can be added to the list. If you have questions, just ask away.

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Dateline Old Key West
For the last time :sad2: We leave for home today. It's been a magical vacation with the grandkids, but omg, are they high maintnance! I need a vacation from my vacation!

Wishing you all a Magical day!

So sorry your trip has come to an end and thrilled that you had a great time. You have lots of sitting time ahead of you to rest up as you travel back home. Have a safe trip.

Just chant 1954. That was the last time those duds won a World Series. Back then they were known as the New York Giants. They were butt heads then too.

1954??? Wow Alan, I always assumed you were around my age. To know they were butt heads in 1954 must make you...my PARENTS age!!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

Just ask away if you have questions... I sent your SM assignment in your PM so you should have that as well.

You will pick everything up in no time at all!

Hey all,

I have been MIA again..bad me! I just did a quick post scan and saw something about lanyards. I checked post 1 but didn't see anything, can someone fill me in? Also, anything else recent that isn't in post 1?

Thanks,

holly

Just in from seeing The Social Network. This movie was way better than I thought it was going to be. I highly recommend seeing it. The guy who plays Facebook founder Mark Zuckerburg should get a Oscar nod he was that good.

Glad to hear that .. were going to see it this afternoon!:happytv:

We are doing the Aerial tram and boat tour. Not thrilled about the long bus ride, but it looks like all the tours have a long bus ride.

We are just going to bring a DSi for my son and iPad to watch movies/read books to keep us busy.

I was told the port were coming into is not on the best side ... however the excursions are so .... seems like the long bus ride is needed :confused3

1954??? Wow Alan, I always assumed you were around my age. To know they were butt heads in 1954 must make you...my PARENTS age!!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

No I was not alive in 1954. Still 21 years till I was born. To truely hate something I think you should know it. My dad grew up in Brooklyn he told me stories. From those stories I was able to conclude that even back then the Giants were butt heads.

AAN1701 would u take your 12yr old DD to see social network?
I really do not know. It would all depend on her maturity level. I mean there were a few secens of drug use, women kissing each other and language. Honestly, I think they cut it just so it would get the PG-13 rating. If I was a parent I probably would take a 12 year old, but might have to have a talk afterward. I hope that made sence. You really should see this movie, it was that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter