Guess what...

:sail:under 14 weeks to go::sail:

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

:cool1::banana::banana::banana::cool1:

:jumping1: :jumping1:

Lets get this party started!
:dancer::dance3::dancer::dance3::dancer:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That really does seem like we are on a roll! I finished my FE gifts today and I can once again see my dining room table so I really feel like progress has been made. Now if I can only see the top of the bed where I have piled clothes for "cruise possible" I will have something accomplished!:laughing:

I have to pack for the cruise as well as what I want to have for staying at my dd for I don't know for what length of time. I am sure my car will look like a traveling side show and Jasmine will think it is road trip to Oz!:upsidedow

I really do not know. It would all depend on her maturity level. I mean there were a few secens of drug use, women kissing each other and language. Honestly, I think they cut it just so it would get the PG-13 rating. If I was a parent I probably would take a 12 year old, but might have to have a talk afterward. I hope that made sence. You really should see this movie, it was that good.

I hear you. There have been some good movies, but for what ever reason they went overboard on the sex/violance .... When the movie would have been better without it so everyone could enjoy it ... A great example is "kick ***" ... Our 9 yr old DD opened a facebook account last week (after we told her no). Kids today have skills and knowledge we never dreamed of back when ... :rolleyes1

I hear you. There have been some good movies, but for what ever reason they went overboard on the sex/violance .... When the movie would have been better without it so everyone could enjoy it ... A great example is "kick ***" ... Our 9 yr old DD opened a facebook account last week (after we told her no). Kids today have skills and knowledge we never dreamed of back when ... :rolleyes1

Nothing went overboard in my opinion, but that is me and what I conciser overboard. I think you should be fine, but only you know your DD well enough to make the final call.

Hey all,

I have been MIA again..bad me! I just did a quick post scan and saw something about lanyards. I checked post 1 but didn't see anything, can someone fill me in? Also, anything else recent that isn't in post 1?

Thanks,

holly

They are $1.50 each and include the plastic holder for the KTTW and/or nametag.

They are black with Dis-green writing on them and say:

DCL's WONDERful Panama Canal Cruise- January 2011

If you want to order any, just send me a PM with how many and you can pay me on the ship or if you want them mailed to you, I will let you know the postage once I get them.

Thanks!

Dateline Old Key West
For the last time :sad2: We leave for home today. It's been a magical vacation with the grandkids, but omg, are they high maintnance! I need a vacation from my vacation!
information for this cruise group.

Have a safe trip home! I know what you mean about the grandkids, I'm sure I'll need a vacation from our mid Nov trip to DL with our GS, 2 neices and nephew. They'll wear me out. Oh wait...we have one in January!

Is anyone considering the horseback riding in Manzanillo? We are having a hard time finding something to do there.

We are considering it too as nothing else is jumping out at us to do.

The one disappointing thing about the horseback riding is that you go inland to ride so that means no time riding on the beach, we are afraid that riding in a tropical forest might be a little warm and buggy. What do you think?

Ok, I just rechecked the info, it is a 40 minute bus ride to and from with approx. 90 minutes of riding time, total of 3 1/2 to 4 hour excursion, maybe time to rethink what to do in Manzanillo? Anyone have any idea?

Hi, everyone! I was wondering if there was a count of how many of us will be joining the Pre-cruise California Meet at the DL picnic area on 10/24? :tinker:

Hello all! I don't know how you all manage to keep up to date while you're away. I'm always finding myself short of time!

Just wondering if any of you are in to the so-called "European boardgames"? I'd be keen to visit a good games shop in the states. It's usually cheaper there by a good 25% AFTER international shipping! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

We're having a gathering over the weekend playing boardgames and it has been a ton of fun. Here's a photo of our collection
Berry%20Gaming%20008.jpg

If you're interested in reading more, feel free to check out my blog!

Linda hope you have a safe journey home! I am now going to go back and slowly read the posts to catch up on the latest...

Is anyone considering the horseback riding in Manzanillo? We are having a hard time finding something to do there.

I thought things were rather limited there as well so we are doing the city tour and shopping. Ryan was very up for whatever I wanted to do and by all the adventuresome tours to this point, I thought a little shopping might be nice. My dh was always wanting to do horseback riding and it would be hard to keep him from doing that, but I will pass for now.:lovestruc

Just got caught up on all the posts. Have been scanning them for the past 2 weeks while on a road trip.

Happy belated birthday to Jack!:bday:

Really sad to hearTink has not returned home.

Des, how is Ginger doing in her new home?

Welcome to all the new people:welcome:

Linda, Thanks for the travel book recommendation. I picked up Panama Canal by Cruise Ship at BAM yesterday. Safe travels.

I thought things were rather limited there as well so we are doing the city tour and shopping. Ryan was very up for whatever I wanted to do and by all the adventuresome tours to this point, I thought a little shopping might be nice. My dh was always wanting to do horseback riding and it would be hard to keep him from doing that, but I will pass for now.:lovestruc

We have also talked about the city tour and shopping, but are still up in the air about what to do. At this point, I don't think we have to rush and book something, I don't think the excursions in Manzanillo will fill up too fast.

I was thinking the SAME thing about Manzanillo. It really seemed like a boring port as far as excursions go. I couldn't get excited about any of the hotels since staying on the ship would still be prettier than any of the hotels. I have a horse of my own, so going for an hour walk on a horse in Mexico didn't sound exciting either.

I guess they switched to this port after all the trouble in Alcapulco with the violence going on there. We actually had such a nice time when we went there with Disney a couple of years ago. I got some great shots of the cliff divers.

Too bad there isn't whale watching there instead of Cabo!

Just got caught up on all the posts. Have been scanning them for the past 2 weeks while on a road trip.

Happy belated birthday to Jack!:bday:

Really sad to hearTink has not returned home.

Des, how is Ginger doing in her new home?

Welcome to all the new people:welcome:

I just spoke with her new family...not working well with thier other dog and so she may be returned tomorrow. It will be whatever was ment to be....I feel bad for the family as they just adore her!

I just spoke with her new family...not working well with thier other dog and so she may be returned tomorrow. It will be whatever was ment to be....I feel bad for the family as they just adore her!

Some dogs are ment to be "only" dogs so maybe this family's dog is one of those. We never thought my dd's dog would accept Jasmine, but to our surprise after the death of my dh her Ginger and my Jasmine get along. It is like a miracle. Ryan said just put them down and forget it they will be fine and sure enough they are fine. It was the biggest shock of my life. We don't leave them home alone together, but as long as we are home with them, there is no problem. We always carried any dog we had when we were at dd. Ginger would not tolerate another dog in her house. Now life is fine with the two girls together. Thank goodness! I always say Garry is watching over them and making them behave! Someone surely is because we are all amazed!:grouphug: Hopefully your Ginger will find the right loving family situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter