From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone!! I don't feel like I'm new to this thread because I've been following it since this summer. We booked the cruise on the 1st day it came out and then rebooked it when we were on the EBTA! We have 11A GTY. There will be 4 of us, my sister(Tammy), her daughter (Disneyana),my mom(Betty or Nanny), and me(Janice). My mom lives in South Carolina and the rest of us live in Texas. Santa is giving Disneyana this trip(and a BTB on the dream in September) for Christmas so its very hard on us not to talk about it in front of her. She is 10 years old and I homeschool her so we don't have to worry about taking her out of school. We've already signed up for FE, bracelets, nametags and the PC certificates. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!!

:welcome: Welcome to our group - we seem to be growing by leaps and bounds lately. Glad to have you with us - and out of lurkdom.

Good Morning Everyone!! I don't feel like I'm new to this thread because I've been following it since this summer. We booked the cruise on the 1st day it came out and then rebooked it when we were on the EBTA! We have 11A GTY. There will be 4 of us, my sister(Tammy), her daughter (Disneyana),my mom(Betty or Nanny), and me(Janice). My mom lives in South Carolina and the rest of us live in Texas. Santa is giving Disneyana this trip(and a BTB on the dream in September) for Christmas so its very hard on us not to talk about it in front of her. She is 10 years old and I homeschool her so we don't have to worry about taking her out of school. We've already signed up for FE, bracelets, nametags and the PC certificates. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!!
Janice
You might want to have DD signup for the postcard exchange. Kids on the TA found it a good geography lesson.
The idea is that people buy postcards of their area/country/town/city etc and deliver a postcard to each person on the list. They don't need to be written on or anything but I'm sure people would like to have something on there to let them know who it was from. If people do want to write a little note on theirs about their country or town then that’s OK too. Some people elect to make their own postcard using photos they have taken. Others printed local recipes on a card. It is great fun to come back to your cabin and find mail, plus I learned a lot about areas all over the world. Val

I know they say they close threads at 250 pages, but it isn't an exact science and on our TA threads it was quite often closer to the 300 mark. In the same way there is nothing stopping us beginning to post on the new one when we want to really. I guess it is all just a fun thing from our end. :confused3 Each cruise meet thread seems to have their own rules!!!

Janice
You might want to have DD signup for the postcard exchange. Kids on the TA found it a good geography lesson.
The idea is that people buy postcards of their area/country/town/city etc and deliver a postcard to each person on the list. They don't need to be written on or anything but I'm sure people would like to have something on there to let them know who it was from. If people do want to write a little note on theirs about their country or town then that’s OK too. Some people elect to make their own postcard using photos they have taken. Others printed local recipes on a card. It is great fun to come back to your cabin and find mail, plus I learned a lot about areas all over the world. Val

Thanks for the warm welcome Gail and Val! I admit I am a BIG lurker!!! We do want to do the postcards for my Mom and Disneyana. Can we do 2 where both will bring them and both would recieve them. Mom can bring some from SC and Disneyana from TX. Janice

Good morning everyone!!! Super foggy here today.

Brooklyn looks adorable! How fun that must be for her!

DD has an orthodontics appointment today. We're hoping the braces come off today or next month. She hates, I mean HATES, going to the dentist/orthodontists. She had a bad experience at the dentist when she was just 6 or 7 and has HATED it ever since. So much she used to cry (not throw a fit or anything but cry) every time she went. Now that she's been going almost monthly, she's gotten better but still has major anxiety over it. I feel bad because she always wants her Daddy to go with her he usually can't because of work. And today is another one of those days :( But I keep reminding her of how beautiful and straight her teeth are becoming.

Well, I'm off to clip a few coupons before hitting the grocery store after the appointment. I can usually save anywhere from 15-20% (have saved over 50% before) with my manufacturers coupons plus I have a 10% Target coupon that I need to use before it expires later this week.

My daughter had such a bad experience at the dentist when she was 3 (she had no cavities or anything - the dentist was just mean) that she was hysterical everytime I took her. Luckily she is doing much better and at age 13 - still no cavities so I am thankful for that!

I only hinted about the passing of my Grandmom on here. I would like to thank all for the care & support. The close & special bond I had will be missed greatly but, the memories will comfort. {{hugs to all}}

I must have missed your post - I am so sorry to hear of her passing. :hug:

Hmmm..do we have to hit page 251 to head over to the new thread?

I am heading off to the beach today..just to walk along and enjoy the water...have a great day!

Thanks for the warm welcome Gail and Val! I admit I am a BIG lurker!!! We do want to do the postcards for my Mom and Disneyana. Can we do 2 where both will bring them and both would recieve them. Mom can bring some from SC and Disneyana from TX. Janice

Sure - we will list them separate but with the same room number and then in the comments areas note they are for different cruisers. PM me with the details. Valbob89

Welcome aboard!

I know they say they close threads at 250 pages, but it isn't an exact science and on our TA threads it was quite often closer to the 300 mark. In the same way there is nothing stopping us beginning to post on the new one when we want to really. I guess it is all just a fun thing from our end. :confused3 Each cruise meet thread seems to have their own rules!!!

It would seem to behoove us to stay within the Disboard rules on this because it helps the boards run faster. Larger threads apparently affect the speed of loading. Possibly the TA threads ran longer because no one notified the mods that the thread had reached the limit.

I Asked you not to post on the new thread until this one was closed, but of course, since it's not a safety issue, there is no compulsion do do as you are asked. But I'll remember your name, Granmaz:rotfl2:

Val, I'll put your stuff up on the first page - you're sure keeping the old lady hopping:dance3:

Thanks all! She did great but didn't get the braces off. I asked him how much longer and he said that her bottom teeth weren't quite ready. Maybe we'll have them off my the cruise.

Sorry she didn't get them off this time - sending pixie dust that she gets them off in time for the cruise!

My daughter had such a bad experience at the dentist when she was 3 (she had no cavities or anything - the dentist was just mean) that she was hysterical everytime I took her. Luckily she is doing much better and at age 13 - still no cavities so I am thankful for that!
I loved my dentist when I was a kid. My parents would send us, me and my sisters on our own (in the 60's we didn't worry about stuff happening to our kids even here in the big city.) After our exam he would give each of us a quarter to get an ice cream at the corner store. We thought it was great but I doubt my parents would have appreciated the dentist encouraging the consumption of sugar. Though we didn't worry about that much in the 60's either. val

It seems that the water off Cabo would require a wetsuit, and I would rather use the suitcase weight for FE stuff,. Even on the Baja side the water will be to cold for me. Join us in Aruba, water should be 80 or above. We plan to do both waist high and drift snorkeling. Val & Bob
Yes, we are doing our water day in Aruba as well. We are doing the DePalms Island so DD can enjoy the water park and DH can snorkel. I'm still bringing her a one piece rashgaurd though so she can enjoy the pool on the ship as well without getting too cold, I hope.

Doug & I would like to play Bunco, too. I'm bringing Yahtzee - just the dice & scoring sheets - so will have extra dice, if needed.
Shirley
I LOVE playing games so definitely keep us posted with times. I will probably only attend if it's during DD nap time or if DH takes her to the kids club (still not PT!) so I can not sign up for anything ahead fo time.

GOOD MORNING CRUISERS.
Just another indian summer type day here in California. I just want to wear some of my fall clothes and ditch these capris and tank tops. Temps expected in the 80-90s today.

Same here in FL. We had about a week of fall and now back to summer. :sad2:

451.jpg

360.jpg

349.jpg

323.jpg

227.jpg

191.jpg

165.jpg

144.jpg

126.jpg

Great Pictures!
Love the blow bubbles idea, wonder if the bubbles would float down to deck 7 or out to sea?
Don't know why we could not use bubbles!!
Hi everyone! My wife and son are excited to join all of you on this fabulous cruise. We just made our reservation a couple of days ago thanks to Cindy Girl who talked us into it.
:rolleyes1Welcome aboard!
We would definitely like to participate in FE and SM if we still can. I had no idea before today what an FE was but now I can't wait.

Now to figure out what excursions we want to do!

See you all around!
Happy you are with us

Does anyone know how the dining rotations go on the PC cruises?

I know we are starting in Tritons.

I know the 7 nights the dining rooms just rotate. e.g. PLAPLAP - has it been a similar thing on previous PC cruises? (So it would be PLAPLAPLAPLAPLA :rotfl: sounds funny if you say it out loud)

--Kay
I don't really have OCPD (Obsessive compulsive planning disorder:lmao::lmao::lmao:) honest!

Hello! Count us in on this cruise. We are booked in 2 GTY rooms.

Room 1:
Me - Stephanie
DH - Craig

Room 2:
Grandma
DD - Brooklyn (9)
DD - Madison (5)

We will be adding WDW to the mix before the cruise.

We are also booked on the 2 night cruise afterwards.

Is it too late to join the FE?

So excited!!! :cool1:

Good Morning Cruisers and Welcome to the newest to the group!

I'm kinda bummed about Pirate night on night 11 as we are in Palos that night also. (However getting DH into costume probably wouldn't happen anyway). I've been trying to catch up with everything as I had computer problems and was at WDW. I'm going to check on lanyards now, I hope it's on the front page.

As for Bunco and other games will they be a casual thing or do we HAVE to sign up before hand? Just wondering cause that stuff would depend on what else is going on onboard at the time (at least for me).

Pam (doing her part to help hit 250)
And the pages keep rolling by. How does this happen.

Wish me some Pixie Dust big time as I must go to the nursing home where my dh's mother is this afternoon. She will not know me and has no idea her son is gone. It is so sad. I have to buy her some clothes & the company they prefer we buy from is there today. I dread the trip, but is part of what I must do. I surely know my dil would never do anything for me! She told the beautiful young girl with my grandson in the pictures she would have to pay for her own pictures when she goes to his homecoming! What a prize she is! Everyone has their problems. It took me awhile to come to this conclusion, but now I finally know. Does not make it any easier, but it helps!

Wish me some Pixie Dust big time as I must go to the nursing home where my dh's mother is this afternoon. She will not know me and has no idea her son is gone. It is so sad. I have to buy her some clothes & the company they prefer we buy from is there today. I dread the trip, but is part of what I must do. I surely know my dil would never do anything for me! She told the beautiful young girl with my grandson in the pictures she would have to pay for her own pictures when she goes to his homecoming! What a prize she is! Everyone has their problems. It took me awhile to come to this conclusion, but now I finally know. Does not make it any easier, but it helps!

Wish you luck Harole Ann, don't dispair about the DIL. My MIL thought the same thing about me, goes to show you how much she thought of me. She chose instead to get closer to the other DIL who is now in the middle of a nasty divorce with her other son. My point to this, although we may not see eye to eye, I will stand behind her son. In fact, it was my DD and I who made all the arrangments when my FIL passed. They had talked about things but never arranged things in over 1 yr. So she and I put everything together at the last second.

My mother always told me, as long as they treat my kids alright, I can handle anything you dish at me. So I have taken on that motto. She is a good grandma to the kids. The only thing that my kids wish for is more of her time. Go figure.

Anyway, as long as she doesn't take your grandkids away, take what you can. What goes around, comes around. Meanwhile, you enjoy your grandkids to the fullest.

:hug:

But from what I've read here, they're going to mix it up some so you're never in the same dining room twice for the formal/semi-formal nights. Makes no difference to me as long as I get dinner. And I'm looking forward to actually getting through a whole dinner without having to leave part way through to take a child (or 2) to Flounders. Oh what a difference a couple years will make.

One thing I noticed on the TA, not sure if they do it for all the cruises, during late dining - about 8:45 pm, they would have the counselors from Flounders nursery and the smaller clubs walk the dining rooms to pick up kiddos as a service to those parents that had small children. I thought that was neat and definitely something that I had not experienced before. Also, they bracelets now have that "GPS" thing on them. LOL - ok so its not but it looks like a tracking device that is attached to the bracelet. So now, the kids just hold up their body part to the scanner whenever they transitition. I even saw a little girl with it on her leg. We laughed because we got an image of her holding up her leg to scan herself out. LOL

Not sure if anyone else posted that as I'm 5 pages behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter