From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered from Say It Bands in the past. They have no minimum to order, and they are having a sale right now:

1-4 - $3.99/each
5-9 - $2.49/each
10-19 - $1.79/each
20-39 - $1.29/each
40-59 - $0.99/each

There are higher increments, but you get the idea.

For a WDW trip a few years ago, I ordered 2 bands from them when DS & DD were toddlers (1 blue, 1 pink). I had our cell numbers printed on them, in case the children got lost. I plan to do the same for this cruise, but plan to order lime green for the Dis connection. Debating if I should have the cabin number printed in addition to the cell numbers, as I'm not sure the cells will always work.

I'll be ordering them for the adults in my party as well, although no phone numbers necessary...well, maybe for DH :rolleyes1

Definitely thinking of putting something DCL & PC related on the adult bands.

Thats a great idea. We use to use the dog tags from Petsmart for a similar thing and attached it to DD's shoe. Is there a chance your room number would change? What about putting your reservation number instead?

Thats a great idea. We use to use the dog tags from Petsmart for a similar thing and attached it to DD's shoe. Is there a chance your room number would change? What about putting your reservation number instead?

I thought about that too (the room number changing). I figured my way to combat that might be to have two bracelets printed for each child...one with phones/room, and one with just phones.

Is anyone staying over on Friday in LA when we get back?

We are too nervous about trying to catch a 10:30 am flight back to FL, so we are going to stay for a night in LA.

Anyone interested in joining us for this LA tour?
http://www.amazinglarace.com/Welcome.html

Just send me a PM and I will get a list started.

We are going to DL after the cruise for a few days. We got transfers from Disney to Paradise Pier. Anyone else doing this?

We are going to DL after the cruise for a few days. We got transfers from Disney to Paradise Pier. Anyone else doing this?

We are going to Paradise Pier for 3 nights post cruise, I know several others on here are doing the same. Maybe when it gets closer to the date we'll organize a mini-meet! I have stayed at Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian Hotel before, so I'm excited to try the 3rd one for the first time!

I have ordered from Say It Bands in the past. They have no minimum to order, and they are having a sale right now:

1-4 - $3.99/each
5-9 - $2.49/each
10-19 - $1.79/each
20-39 - $1.29/each
40-59 - $0.99/each

There are higher increments, but you get the idea.

For a WDW trip a few years ago, I ordered 2 bands from them when DS & DD were toddlers (1 blue, 1 pink). I had our cell numbers printed on them, in case the children got lost. I plan to do the same for this cruise, but plan to order lime green for the Dis connection. Debating if I should have the cabin number printed in addition to the cell numbers, as I'm not sure the cells will always work.

I'll be ordering them for the adults in my party as well, although no phone numbers necessary...well, maybe for DH :rolleyes1

Definitely thinking of putting something DCL & PC related on the adult bands.

Thanks so much for the info! Thats good to know they are having a sale right now. Is the website's color 'light green' what we would order for DIS 'lime green'? I also liked how they have the Mickey head graphic to include!

Is anyone staying over on Friday in LA when we get back?

We are too nervous about trying to catch a 10:30 am flight back to FL, so we are going to stay for a night in LA.

Anyone interested in joining us for this LA tour?
http://www.amazinglarace.com/Welcome.html

Just send me a PM and I will get a list started.

I am hoping to get space at our timeshare which has 2 units near DL. Can't book that until 3 months prior to the date though.

The amazing race thing looks fun, DS would probably love it, but I don't think I want to be running around LA after 2 weeks of relaxing :-)

--Kay

Hello all! I have been out of the loop for a while, DH and I went away for our anniversary. I have pretty much caught up with everything, and am excited to see all of the things developing for this cruise! I can't believe we are under 100 days now!
I am so sad to hear that Tink is not back yet, but glad to know Gus is safe. Pixie dust to everyone who needs it, I hope we are all healthy and safe come January!
We booked our excursions on the Gold booking day.
Puntarenas we are doing "Costa Rica's Favorites"
Manzanillo we are going to the Karmina Resort
Puerto Vallarta we are doing "Historic Towns and Tequila Making"
Anyone else doing any of these?
Jeff, I don't know if it matters for the website, but we took advantage of the FL resident rate and moved from a 6A to 5C. We are still GTY.
That's it for now. I am off to bed. :cloud9:

Thanks so much for the info! Thats good to know they are having a sale right now. Is the website's color 'light green' what we would order for DIS 'lime green'? I also liked how they have the Mickey head graphic to include!

Yes, I'll be ordering Light Green...looks the closest to a Dis lime green. I didn't even know they had a Mickey head graphic...even better! Thanks for finding that!

I just sent them an e-mail asking for a quote on a 2-line printing of the cell numbers:

xxx-xxx-xxxx Mom
xxx-xxx-xxxx Dad

I then asked if it would be possible to print the cabin number on the reverse. I also asked how late I could order them before the cruise, in case the cabin number changes. I realize it's taking a chance to have the cabin number printed, as it could change even up to the last minute. But why order the bands now if the cabin number changes 30-45 days out. I also asked if they would honor the sale price if I held off on ordering. I'll let you know their response.

Good morning, happy cruisers!

Will the person ordering the lanyards please pm the information to me for the first page? Apparently I've missed that one entirely - or else when I posted it I forgot to save it -duh.

Dateline, Jacksonville

We hit the road today = both of us are honking and blowing, ugh. Yesterday, we had lunch at Clark's Fish Camp, over the edge of the St. John River. Alligator bites and shrab pasta, yum. They're doing some construction - elevating the bathrooms the sign said - to keep the gators out! we didn't see a gator :(

Happy Day, all!

Well down to a week before we leave for WDW. Even better, I only have Three more days of work and then I am off for 25 days. Saturday I am changing my plans from packing to Disneyland. I really want to see this thing they ate doing to help promote (Like it really needs help) the new Tron movie. For me I think the high light will be the 9 min 3D preview of the movie.

Hello all! I have been out of the loop for a while, DH and I went away for our anniversary. I have pretty much caught up with everything, and am excited to see all of the things developing for this cruise! I can't believe we are under 100 days now!
I am so sad to hear that Tink is not back yet, but glad to know Gus is safe. Pixie dust to everyone who needs it, I hope we are all healthy and safe come January!
We booked our excursions on the Gold booking day.
Puntarenas we are doing "Costa Rica's Favorites"
Manzanillo we are going to the Karmina Resort
Puerto Vallarta we are doing "Historic Towns and Tequila Making"
Anyone else doing any of these?
Jeff, I don't know if it matters for the website, but we took advantage of the FL resident rate and moved from a 6A to 5C. We are still GTY.
That's it for now. I am off to bed. :cloud9:

Well Happy Anniversary - a little late but hope you had a great time. We will be on two tours together - Costa Rica Favs and the Historic Towns and Tequila Making.

Linda - safe travels and I hope you both feel better real soon. I don't want to hear about a repeat from last fall.

Alan - I wish you and your DW a happy anniversary too, a great time at WDW and an awesome cruise. 25 days off - holy cow! ENJOY!!

:cool1::cool1:

I think I have finished scrapbooking my last cruise. Just have to check it all over, make any amendments and send it for printing as a photobook.

:banana:

Now to see if I can scrap my 4 week European trip before we leave for the cruise. :lmao: Or perhaps any DL or WDW trips from the past 8 years :lmao::lmao::lmao:

-Kay

Morning all,

We have decided to cancel our cruise after much deliberation

It has been a real pleasure following along all the various happenings over the last year.

Hopefully we will see you all on a future cruise.....dare we say Hawaii

Morning all,

It has been a real pleasure following along all the various happenings over the last year.

I am so sorry that you have to cancel! I know it's a difficult decision.

I don't post very often, but I read this thread everyday. Someone mentioned FL. Resident Discount, Thank-you very much, Just went from Category 11B to Category 05C and still saved Money, Can't believe I forgot about FL. Resident Discount.

I don't post very often, but I read this thread everyday. Someone mentioned FL. Resident Discount, Thank-you very much, Just went from Category 11B to Category 05C and still saved Money, Can't believe I forgot about FL. Resident Discount.

:cool1::cool1:

What rate did you get for the 05c?

We did the same as you (11B to 05C FLR rate) but we still had to pay a bit more. Just curious and wondering if I should have our TA double check our rate.

-Kay

Morning all,

So sorry that you will not be joining us but for sure we will see you on the trip to Hawaii - or somewhere.

Yes, I'll be ordering Light Green...looks the closest to a Dis lime green. I didn't even know they had a Mickey head graphic...even better! Thanks for finding that!

I then asked if it would be possible to print the cabin number on the reverse. I also asked how late I could order them before the cruise, in case the cabin number changes. I realize it's taking a chance to have the cabin number printed, as it could change even up to the last minute. But why order the bands now if the cabin number changes 30-45 days out. I also asked if they would honor the sale price if I held off on ordering. I'll let you know their response.

Thanks! Please post or PM me what you find out. I feel bad not ordering from the person that originally set this up but this company does toddlers size bracelets. I really want to get one for DD so I think we will be ordering from here too. I'm hoping the do double side printing on small orders as what I want the bracelet to say does nto fit on the toddler size.

I went to Micheal's a few weeks ago and bought t-shirts, totes and caps. I've given up on Zazzle and I'm just going to buy iron on transfers. This is how I made DD pillow sham for the characters to sign a couple of cruises ago. It's super easy but with t-shirts we will probably only get a 4-5 uses out of them, but it's so cheap and I'll get the design I want.

We did the same as you (11B to 05C FLR rate) but we still had to pay a bit more. Just curious and wondering if I should have our TA double check our rate.

-Kay

Did you book the 11B onboard and get a 10%...that may be why you had to pay more for the 5C. I've been checking the FLR rates almost daily and they have not changed.

Thanks! Please post or PM me what you find out. I feel bad not ordering from the person that originally set this up but this company does toddlers size bracelets. I really want to get one for DD so I think we will be ordering from here too. I'm hoping the do double side printing on small orders as what I want the bracelet to say does nto fit on the toddler size.

I went to Micheal's a few weeks ago and bought t-shirts, totes and caps. I've given up on Zazzle and I'm just going to buy iron on transfers. This is how I made DD pillow sham for the characters to sign a couple of cruises ago. It's super easy but with t-shirts we will probably only get a 4-5 uses out of them, but it's so cheap and I'll get the design I want.

Did you book the 11B onboard and get a 10%...that may be why you had to pay more for the 5C. I've been checking the FLR rates almost daily and they have not changed.
Did you try ordering with Zazzle using the 2 circular designs you made with the picture of the ship inside and the ports listed around that? Did that get declined from Zazzle too?

I did and that was my thought too. I didn't think the prices of the cruise have gone up significantly. I paid more than an extra 10% for the upgraded FLR room :confused3

No complaints - I am happy to be in a verandah now :thumbsup2 - I have never had a true inside room and was concerned about spending 15 nights in one (wouldn't have worried me so much on a shorter cruise), but at least now we have somewhere to sit and watch the world go by. (Just if I could get a little money back from DCL, I would be happy :) )

-Kay

Did you try ordering with Zazzle using the 2 circular designs you made with the picture of the ship inside and the ports listed around that? Did that get declined from Zazzle too?

Yes, I tried using the tropical. But I also put the words "Disney Wonder" on the back of the shirt. I e-mailed them the image before ordering and they sent back a generic response that as long as the image didn't conflict with their rules (sent a link to these rules that didn't work!) the image could be used. Well, duh, if I knew if the image conflicted with their short explanations of rules, I wouldn't have e-mailed. :sad2:
SO I ordered and then they cancel the order and send you some canned response that either your image or design is a copyright issue. I've tried e-mailing them back twice to find out exactly what they think is copyrighted..first response was a repeat of the generic e-mail :headache: No response to second e-mail. Their customer service stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter