From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I'm checking in! Me and my DH will be on the panana canal cruise, we're so excited! :love:

I'm wondering what time is everyone booking their return flights? We're going to fly home the same day we get to LA, and we're looking at a 1:05pm flight home from LAX, but I'm a worry wart, so I'm afraid that we won't make our flight since we're not suppose to dock till 9:30am, and I heard lines at LAX are horrible! So I thought I'd find out what everyone else is doing to help ease my mind :) Thanks :grouphug:

:welcome: mickey7607. Happy to have you joining our group. We are flying home on the 21st as well and we have a 2:00ish flight booked. I asked that same questions and decided I would rather sit at LAX and wait than to miss my flight.

Morning all,

We have decided to cancel our cruise after much deliberation

It has been a real pleasure following along all the various happenings over the last year.

Hopefully we will see you all on a future cruise.....dare we say Hawaii
So sorry to hear this....hope for Hawaii.

hi, I'm checking in! Me and my DH will be on the panana canal cruise, we're so excited! :love:

I'm wondering what time is everyone booking their return flights? We're going to fly home the same day we get to LA, and we're looking at a 1:05pm flight home from LAX, but I'm a worry wart, so I'm afraid that we won't make our flight since we're not suppose to dock till 9:30am, and I heard lines at LAX are horrible! So I thought I'd find out what everyone else is doing to help ease my mind :) Thanks :grouphug:

Welcome:wave2:

Cabo Whale Watching!

Updated List:

Tinkerbel129 ~ 2 adults
Pixie Dust II ~ 2 adults
A Litle Pixie Dust ~ 3 adults
SemiKat ~ 2 adults
DCLTravler ~ 6 adults
Tinksmom ~ 3 adults
Phil & Deborah ~ 2 adults
Happy Goofy ~ 2 adults
DCL FAN TAC ~ 3 adults
ACDSNY ~ 2 adults
Poohbug ~ 1 adult / 2 children
#1YEPOD ~ 2 adults
Lindababe ~ 2 adults
CruzinLexi ~ 2 adults
Sak0526 ~ 2 adults
Smith2615 ~ 2 adults

Total ~ 38 adults / 2 children = 40 total (in search of The Big Whale)

Since this has been very popular with our group here, we have moved to a larger catamaran to accommodate. According to the website it shows 15 spots left. If you book a reservation please PM me, so I can update the list.

http://www.pezgato.com/Cabo-San-Lucas-Sailing-Tours.aspx?i=2309

Please remember this is not through Disney, is half the price of Disney, morning time slot. All info and a link is on the front page. If you have additional questions just send them an email, they have been quick to respond.

Hi All,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine was uneventful, but based on the last couple, I was grateful for a break from drama and trauma!
Oh gosh thats a shame! I really want mine to be longer lasting than an iron on. How frustrating. Maybe it was the word 'Disney' that couldnt be used. I really liked the designs you used. I guess I'll try my luck with it and see what happens, what a bummer.
I checked with the shirt place here and it looks like they will do the image (incl. the Mickey ears on the front)...they can also embroider your name (in Disney font) if you so desire. They are able to accommodate on-line orders, but I am still waiting on a couple of answers from them...how "personalized" will they be willing to go? AND Can we all order different items (shirts, sweatshirts, raglan, etc)? Give me the rest of the week and I should have answers for you. Hopefully they will be able to do what everyone wants! I'll let you all know when I get the final answers and how much the prices will be. My guess is that on-line stores are going to be more strict since their images can be tracked. If I deliver the image to them, there won't be a trail...:rolleyes1
Thank you very much. It will be our tenth anniversary. We have brunch at Palo booked. That is a nice way to spend it I think. I have 25 days off because I am using 3 out of my 4 weeks of vacation plus my floating holiday. Weather here today is a complete 180 from a week ago. A week ago we had reacord breaking highs everywhere. Today one week later, we are only going to be in the mid 60's and it is really misty outside. Wow.
I know, this weather is crazy...I wish it would stay like this as I am tired of my $400 electric bills! I need to lower those so that I can have some extra spending money for our upcoming adventure!! Unfortunately, it is supposed to be in the low 90's by the weekend.
Gonna take an age to catch up so shortned version

Had a great time, lots to tell but for now back to work and gym to remove the 8lbs I gained, and that was without getting on the elevator ONCE!

fyi,,,christian is def cruise director for our cruise.

Hi Lynne, welcome back!!! I'm glad you had a good time!

:welcome::welcome::welcome: Welcome Mickey7607--Glad you will be joining us!!

Happy Be-lated Monday to everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful week.

~Melissa

Cabo Whale Watching!

Updated List:

Tinkerbel129 ~ 2 adults
Pixie Dust II ~ 2 adults
A Litle Pixie Dust ~ 3 adults
SemiKat ~ 2 adults
DCLTravler ~ 6 adults
Tinksmom ~ 3 adults
Phil & Deborah ~ 2 adults
Happy Goofy ~ 2 adults
DCL FAN TAC ~ 3 adults
ACDSNY ~ 2 adults
Poohbug ~ 1 adult / 2 children
#1YEPOD ~ 2 adults
Lindababe ~ 2 adults
CruzinLexi ~ 2 adults
Sak0526 ~ 2 adults
Smith2615 ~ 2 adults

Total ~ 38 adults / 2 children = 40 total (in search of The Big Whale)

Since this has been very popular with our group here, we have moved to a larger catamaran to accommodate. According to the website it shows 15 spots left. If you book a reservation please PM me, so I can update the list.

http://www.pezgato.com/Cabo-San-Lucas-Sailing-Tours.aspx?i=2309

Please remember this is not through Disney, is half the price of Disney, morning time slot. All info and a link is on the front page. If you have additional questions just send them an email, they have been quick to respond.

wow, it's so hard to keep up with what's going on with everyone. So, sorry to lose those who had to cancel. Welcome aboard to those just joining. This seems like a fun group - and i dont know if i can live up to that for FE but i'll try! DH is not so in to it, but too bad! DD said she'd help me deliver if he wont!

I was a little concerned that we'd be by far the oldest doing this cabo trip, but i did some connecting up names with Jeff's list (thanks again Jeff!) and while we're older than most, at least those that put their ages down, we'reu not older by a lot. and suprisingly a lot of us have the later dinner. so i'm really excited now because i want to get to know y'all to hang out on the ship. love my husband, but 24/7 for 15 days,... we just dont have that much to say!! :-D .

so what do you wear on this trip? will we need ponchos? is it a sturdy thing for cameras and binoculors and such? how about sea sick stuff? anyhone been on this thing before so that you can tell me how much rocking it'll do? i'm realy concerned about getting sea sick, though i guess i have thafternoon in port to start feeling better if i do get seasick, huh.

well enjoy the week! we're having rain forest rain - sorta foggy and non stop!

btw didn't hear from either of the other maryland folks about meeting??

sherri

wow, it's so hard to keep up with what's going on with everyone. So, sorry to lose those who had to cancel. Welcome aboard to those just joining. This seems like a fun group - and i dont know if i can live up to that for FE but i'll try! DH is not so in to it, but too bad! DD said she'd help me deliver if he wont!

DH helped me deliver, started out on deck 1 and just worked our way to deck 8....really didn't take us that long.

so what do you wear on this trip? will we need ponchos? is it a sturdy thing for cameras and binoculors and such? how about sea sick stuff? anyhone been on this thing before so that you can tell me how much rocking it'll do? i'm realy concerned about getting sea sick, though i guess i have thafternoon in port to start feeling better if i do get seasick, huh.

In '08 when we did the land & sea tour, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Every now and then there would be a rock & roll, from a passing boat. I always make sure to use the cameras & binocular straps & a little extra caution. I asked Melanie about the weather that time of year...maybe a jacket, since we're on the water...I'll probably throw a Mickey poncho in just incase.

sherri

:cool2:

I was a little concerned that we'd be by far the oldest doing this cabo trip, but i did some connecting up names with Jeff's list (thanks again Jeff!) and while we're older than most, at least those that put their ages down, we'reu not older by a lot. and suprisingly a lot of us have the later dinner. so i'm really excited now because i want to get to know y'all to hang out on the ship. love my husband, but 24/7 for 15 days,... we just dont have that much to say!! :-D .

sherri

Hi Sherri,
My parents are going on the whale watching trip and they are 67, but they are not on the main dis list. So, I think you're safe:thumbsup2

Do you have children? The kids prices are increased with the FLR rate. For my 2yo DD, it was about $400 more for a FLR 9D than a regular 9D and 5C was even more. Don't know why, it's the first time I've ever known DCL to do that. unkamike probably either doesn't have any children or only one child.

It's only myself and my neice (11), It was only $30 different for FLR 05C/ 11B.

Just checking that on the 7th at 9pm pacific I can check in for Palo?

Yes, hopefully they'll be some time slots left for us Silver folks. I won't get to start booking until after we get home from the Rascal Flatts concert Thurs night.

I still haven't decided if we should do dinner or bunch or both.:rotfl:

My father, who is joining us on this cruise, would love to go deep sea fishing if I can arrange it. Does anyone know which port would be best for this? I'm pretty sure someone posted a few weeks ago about deep sea fishing, but now I can't find it.

I am having problems printing the website page on page one. The page that lists everyone that is going.

Go to the website. Click the Who's going list. Click the friendly link on the top of the page that I just put there :)

It's been on the to-do list for a little while. I've just been a bit backed up.

I also have confirmations and everything updated. If you aren't there, now, resend a PM or email, please.

Also, the following people have 10 days to let me know they are still going or they'll be dropped. I will send another round of PM's this Friday.

clungstrum
jj4
newbydisney
threebritts
Matty204
familyfun5
JohnGar
tggrlady
Warbluzki
IrishTimL (Probably should have PM'ed DVCinderella - so DVCinderella just confirm the list info to me in a PM along with Fish Extender status)
ILuvDVC
rocknspots
jcnovak1
3CStuart

I'm fairly certain a few of these are definitely going, I just need to get them confirmed. Again, if you drop, please *PLEASE* let me know or I will hunt you down and feed you to the lions on Jungle Cruise.

Page one of the website or this thread? If it's the website I can ask Jeff to make a print friendly version

BTW, I could give all the instructions needed to print an iframe properly (That's the web technique used to keep the menu static on the left while the page scrolls on the right) but it's significantly easier to just make a printer friendly version. (It's like 12 steps and a registry hack for IE, For firefox its like 10 steps). :confused3

The web was never designed to be printed..... Which is a shame because we like hard copies so much.

sherri

Don't worry about being the oldest on the ship. My husband and I are both retired but are young at heart. I am sure there are others too. We have early dining.

THANK YOU SO MUCH -for making the list printer friendly!!!!!!!!!!! I now have my list.

A while back there was some talk of a pajama breakfast. Is this still in the works?

Go to the website. Click the Who's going list. Click the friendly link on the top of the page that I just put there :)

It's been on the to-do list for a little while. I've just been a bit backed up.

I also have confirmations and everything updated. If you aren't there, now, resend a PM or email, please.

Also, the following people have 10 days to let me know they are still going or they'll be dropped. I will send another round of PM's this Friday.

clungstrum
jj4
newbydisney
threebritts
Matty204
familyfun5
JohnGar
tggrlady
Warbluzki
IrishTimL (Probably should have PM'ed DVCinderella - so DVCinderella just confirm the list info to me in a PM along with Fish Extender status)
ILuvDVC
rocknspots
jcnovak1
3CStuart

I'm fairly certain a few of these are definitely going, I just need to get them confirmed. Again, if you drop, please *PLEASE* let me know or I will hunt you down and feed you to the lions on Jungle Cruise.

I can tell you JohnGar & his DW Laura are going. They are in our group.

Postcard Exchange

A chance to participate in an exchange of postcards during your voyage.

The idea is that people buy postcards of their area/country/town/city etc and deliver a postcard to each person on the list. They don't need to be written on or anything but I'm sure people would like to have something on there to let them know who it was from. If people do want to write a little note on theirs about their country or town then that’s OK too. Some people elect to make their own postcard using photos they have taken. Others printed local recipes on a card. It is great fun to come back to your cabin and find mail.

So far we have around 9 people taking part and you don't have to be in the Fish Extender Exchange to join in - but please let me know if you don't have an FE as then I can make a note on the list so people know not to expect one and can place the cards directly in the Fish Holder (they are built to hold letters etc anyway).

If anyone would like to take part that isn't on the list let me know.

CABIN # 6572 NAME ValBob89 CRUISER 1 Valerie CRUISER 2 Bob INFO DESIRED Name and Address FE Yes

CABIN # 7618 NAME Tami0220 CRUISER 1 Mike CRUISER 2 Tami INFO DESIRED Name of sender FE Yes

CABIN # GTY NAME bwcb4 CRUISER 1 Barb Warner CRUISER 2 Dick INFO DESIRED Would LOVE to get local recipes FE No

CABIN # 7522 NAME WDW Princess 71 CRUISER 1 Nicole FE Yes

CABIN 3 6084 NAME #1Yepod CRUISER 1 Tom CRUISER 2 Carolyn FE No

CABIN # GTY NAME Happy Goofy CRUISER 1 John CRUISER 2 Charlotte FE Yes

CABIN # GTY NAME kmitchel CRUISER 1 Karen CRUISER 2 Peyton (DS) CRUISER 3 Gee Gee (DGM) FE Yes

CABIN # 2560 NAME Pixie Dust II CRUISER 1Harole Ann Harper CRUISER 2 Ryan Boor FE Yes

CABIN # 6511 NAME Glindamood CRUISER 1 Gail CRUISER 2 David Lindamood INFO DESIRED Name of sender FE Yes

CABIN # 7504 NAME Disneylove69 CRUISER 1 Klara Gibbs CRUISER 2 Cindy mcfadden FE Yes

Picked up one part of my secret mickey present already - picking up part two this weekend.

Hope whoever-you-are likes it!

I so can't wait to book my cabana massage - and the best part is they added more cabanas, so I shouldn't have a problem!

DH tells me every morning how many days we have left... my response is: I haven't packed yet.

AND since we will be moving next month -- I have to make sure to put all the cruise stuff it its own bag/box or I'm never going to find it. :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter