From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that prices will go down after final payment?? Just looking at booking another room an wondering if I should wait a bit.

I know they were just trying to be helpful, but......

Where are you all diving this trip?

Normally when I dive it is in the water:lmao:. Actually I do not dive when I cruise, as my DW lets me get away for one week in the summer to do this. Do not want to ruin a good thing:banana::woohoo:

Does anyone think that prices will go down after final payment?? Just looking at booking another room an wondering if I should wait a bit.

I would not wait hoping for a lower price. I would feel better knowing I have a room booked. Just my $0.02.

I would not wait hoping for a lower price. I would feel better knowing I have a room booked. Just my $0.02.

I agree. I have been waiting to see if my Back to Back in Oct a month and a half would go to a interline rate and so far no. I am really surprised because, like this cruise, most catagories are open.

I wouldn't be surprised to see category 12 appear at some point.

Given that there is availability in almost all categories right now, and that there are likely to be more cancellations than bookings over the next couple of weeks as PIF data is reached, I think it extremely unlikely the ship will sell out in the very near future.

So basically it's a risk. You're almost certain to be able to get a cabin if you wait. On one hand, you might get better pricing. On the other hand, they could sell out of category 11 any time, in which case you'll end up paying more.

Here's a possible way to look at it:

If you are willing and able to pay cat 10 or even 9 pricing, but would like to save money if possible - they you might wait a bit to see if cat 12 comes out.

But if you really need cat 11 pricing and going to 10 or 9 would break the bank - then it would be safer to book now and lock it in.

I know they were just trying to be helpful, but......

Where are you all diving this trip?

My original plan since I have a job for 2-4 months (been out of full-time work since January :guilty:) is to dive in all 3 places it's offered by DCL. But like I said, I thought about it after the other person posted about discover scuba, if there are people interested in doing the discover scuba and you'd like to have someone from DIS along with you that is in fact a licensed diver (advanced at that ooooOOOOO!!!:cool2:) I'd be really happy to go on one of the discover dives and just drink more that day after. :woohoo:. So if anyone is interested in this notion of changing my plans around, or just has questions please feel free to PM me.

I will quickly say this (and I'm sure the other divers will agree) Discover Scuba is an excellent way to see if you'd enjoy it, and gives you a real opportunity to see what it's like. It's done in a very safe way and you really do see what it's like, and they do say once you take your first breath you're hooked!

Well I will be in Wavebands everynight and I do mean that. I will not be turning in early any night.

Alan, do you have a table you prefer? I tend to be on the main floor close to the bar. Are you a cribbage player by chance? Or is anyone for that matter? I'm for sure bringing at least one board and look forward to some good games. Last cruise my aunt couldn't beat me ALL VACATION (we're talking over 15 games at least) from when we left the house to when we landed it was hillarious:rotfl2: she since does a happy dance and reminds me that if she goes on a streak i deserve it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see category 12 appear at some point.

Given that there is availability in almost all categories right now, and that there are likely to be more cancellations than bookings over the next couple of weeks as PIF data is reached, I think it extremely unlikely the ship will sell out in the very near future.

So basically it's a risk. You're almost certain to be able to get a cabin if you wait. On one hand, you might get better pricing. On the other hand, they could sell out of category 11 any time, in which case you'll end up paying more.

Here's a possible way to look at it:

If you are willing and able to pay cat 10 or even 9 pricing, but would like to save money if possible - they you might wait a bit to see if cat 12 comes out.

But if you really need cat 11 pricing and going to 10 or 9 would break the bank - then it would be safer to book now and lock it in.

It is a jump form even an 11c to an 11a, not really that much, but the price of say a few spa treatment, and I really dont mind, and anyway if its a gty it doesnt matter anyway.
We booked 12s for ta and got a 10 on deck 2,:confused:not sure about that, always been on 6 or 7, but thats the thing about gty, you cant complain.
ofcourse its 11c's for this one,(not 12's) when bookings first opened up I could only get an 11a, but the first time 11cs opened up I got du to swap to the cheaper cat.

Alan, do you have a table you prefer? I tend to be on the main floor close to the bar. Are you a cribbage player by chance? Or is anyone for that matter? I'm for sure bringing at least one board and look forward to some good games. Last cruise my aunt couldn't beat me ALL VACATION (we're talking over 15 games at least) from when we left the house to when we landed it was hillarious:rotfl2: she since does a happy dance and reminds me that if she goes on a streak i deserve it.

Im away to google cribbage. brb

I love cribbage, and it has been awhile since I have played, but I would be up for the challenge.

What is Cribage? That probably answers your question. I sit at the bar mostly, but the friends I am traveling with like the booth next to the DJ booth so that's were we will be.

I just received a job offer from a company that has been on Fortune Magazines 100 best companies to work for(three years running). And they have no problem with me taking off for the cruise. Now I can book another room and take DH and DS#3 on the cruise also. And DS#3 is now potty trained. :cool1: Over 10 years of changing diapers is over.:woohoo:

Congrats!

I live 20 minutes from you and never heard of it. What is it close to?

Fiddletown is a tiny town (don't blink or you miss it) in Amador County near Plymouth. There's quite a few vineyards in the area now.

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

I noticed in one of the photos taken from off the ship at the Panama Canal people had a 'banner' to identify the group - but the pieces were blowing so it couldn't be read. Have any of you experienced PC cruisers done anything like that? How did it work out?

I noticed in one of the photos taken from off the ship at the Panama Canal people had a 'banner' to identify the group - but the pieces were blowing so it couldn't be read. Have any of you experienced PC cruisers done anything like that? How did it work out?

I plan to take a scottish flag, not a big one though, Ive done that on previous crusies then gave it away to onebody that wanted it.

Believe it or not they ask that you do not hang anything on the railings. This is because if something does come loose and falls in the canal, DCL will be fined, and I figure if they know who did it then that fine is coming to you. I do not think they had a problem with people holding things, they only had a problem with people holding things over the rails.

Believe it or not they ask that you do not hang anything on the railings. This is because if something does come loose and falls in the canal, DCL will be fined, and I figure if they know who did it then that fine is coming to you. I do not think they had a problem with people holding things, they only had a problem with people holding things over the rails.

I have to say, I wouldnt hold anything over the rails, Im hopeless and wouldnt trust myself not to drop it, and the more I think about it the more I probably would,
my wedding rings got stuck on last cruise cause of heat and humidity,I went to the sink in the bathroom in stateroom and washed my hands with soap ,then was trying to get them off, I was thinking I hope they dont pop off and I let them go and they go down the plug hole, what happened, yip, my 20 year old engagement ring and diamond wedding band went down the dam plug hole:scared1:
what an idiot....
I called gservices and they sent maintanence who dismantled the pipes and returned them to me, I bet it was the fastest 20 bucks the guy has ever made:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter