From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I wouldnt hold anything over the rails, Im hopeless and wouldnt trust myself not to drop it, and the more I think about it the more I probably would,
my wedding rings got stuck on last cruise cause of heat and humidity,I went to the sink in the bathroom in stateroom and washed my hands with soap ,then was trying to get them off, I was thinking I hope they dont pop off and I let them go and they go down the plug hole, what happened, yip, my 20 year old engagement ring and diamond wedding band went down the dam plug hole:scared1:
what an idiot....
I called gservices and they sent maintanence who dismantled the pipes and returned them to me, I bet it was the fastest 20 bucks the guy has ever made:goodvibes

Awesome story Lyne. I bet your right. I so wish I was joining you in a few weeks for the journey across the Alantic. Still our vacation keeps geting better. DW Aunt and Uncle have secured a RV hook up for Oct. 10-31. So they will be at WDW the whole time we will. We have Been able to change all but to ADR so we are hopefull that they will just allow them to join us. If not they understand. They are not joining us on the B2B. Also it looks like in the next week or two, the B2B cruise should be on a travel industry rate. If that us the case I hope it goes before final payment of this cruise so we can roll that money over to this one. With any luck they will do the travel industry discount for this cruise as well, but I am not holding my breath.

Awesome story Lyne. I bet your right. I so wish I was joining you in a few weeks for the journey across the Alantic. Still our vacation keeps geting better. DW Aunt and Uncle have secured a RV hook up for Oct. 10-31. So they will be at WDW the whole time we will. We have Been able to change all but to ADR so we are hopefull that they will just allow them to join us. If not they understand. They are not joining us on the B2B. Also it looks like in the next week or two, the B2B cruise should be on a travel industry rate. If that us the case I hope it goes before final payment of this cruise so we can roll that money over to this one. With any luck they will do the travel industry discount for this cruise as well, but I am not holding my breath.

Anything is a bonus though, at least you dont expect it.
Your cruise and holiday will be just as good as ours!

We flew a Jolly Roger and a DIS board sign off a handicap verandah on the back on the boat in '05 (with full knowledge of the crew and endorsement). In fact we had the pilot boat captain in the cabin with us with various crew coming in and out.
And no one was holding it - it was tied down

Alan, do you have a table you prefer? I tend to be on the main floor close to the bar. Are you a cribbage player by chance? Or is anyone for that matter? I'm for sure bringing at least one board and look forward to some good games. Last cruise my aunt couldn't beat me ALL VACATION (we're talking over 15 games at least) from when we left the house to when we landed it was hillarious:rotfl2: she since does a happy dance and reminds me that if she goes on a streak i deserve it.

We are cribbage players and we will bringing a board as well. :thumbsup2

Looks like we will also be diving in the places DCL offers and we have not officially decided on whether to go with a private place in Manzanillo. The scubaboards seem to give it a decent rating as far as diving goes. I agree Discovery Scuba is a great way to find out if you like it.

Anything is a bonus though, at least you dont expect it.
Your cruise and holiday will be just as good as ours!

Oh I know the vacation will be great, and Oct. can not cone soon enough. Still on the 18th of Sep. I will be sad. We really were looking forward to waking up on the 25th, that happens to be DW birthday, and turning on the GPS station on the T.V. to see the dot in the middle of the Atlantic. Well on the bright side, at least we were able to come up with something to salvage our vacation.

We flew a Jolly Roger and a DIS board sign off a handicap verandah on the back on the boat in '05 (with full knowledge of the crew and endorsement). In fact we had the pilot boat captain in the cabin with us with various crew coming in and out.
And no one was holding it - it was tied down

I was talking about the 08 cruise. We were all given a letter in our rooms about not letting things fall over or being hung from the ship. I know some people on deck 6 did not listen. When we were in the second set of locks, crew members came to the balcony next to my friends to take down a banner they hung up on their balcony. I was on my friends balcony having drinks when all ov a sudden we turn to the right and we see two roomstewards and a officer cutting down the banner.

130 days to go! Can you believe it?! I bet the Plat and Concerige rooms are super excited for 10 days from now. I was just at one of the best State Fairs in the country (Minnesota State Fair of course) and picked up another travel board for cribage. So maybe one of the days if anyone is interested in learning we could setup a place/time to do some teaching. My family has taught 3 girlfriends so far with pretty good results! I hope you all are having a terrific Sunday.

By the way does anyone here ever go in the chat room?

what chat room?
I think they are referring to the DCL cruise chat that is advertised on the main cruise forum- it is on Friday nights I believe- hence why I've never participated. It sounds fun, but Friday is my "chillax after a long week at work time" so I dont feel like sitting at the computer at 9:00 on a Friday, even if it is DCL talk ; )

130 days to go! Can you believe it?! I bet the Plat and Concerige rooms are super excited for 10 days from now. I was just at one of the best State Fairs in the country (Minnesota State Fair of course) and picked up another travel board for cribage. So maybe one of the days if anyone is interested in learning we could setup a place/time to do some teaching. My family has taught 3 girlfriends so far with pretty good results! I hope you all are having a terrific Sunday.

By the way does anyone here ever go in the chat room?

I've always wondered how to play cribbage. I think a sea day would be perfect.

I've always wondered how to play cribbage. I think a sea day would be perfect.

:thumbsup2 would be glad to teach!

I did mean the chat, but you can go in it almost anytime I've noticed, and they talk about more than just the given topics, and pretty much anything disney. Not to mention many nights no one is in there anyway. SO I just thought I'd ask.

I have finally caught up, again, on all the post, I think!!!
I thought that Jeff, or someone, was going to have a design for the cruise on Zazzle for anyone that wanted to purchase Shirts or ?. Am I mistaken about the Zazzle site or did I miss the post about it.:confused3:confused3
Also, would someone please put the link to the first page of the posts where information on this site is posted. As you can now tell, I am not good at negotiating these sites.:surfweb:
Thank you
Joyce

I have finally caught up, again, on all the post, I think!!!
I thought that Jeff, or someone, was going to have a design for the cruise on Zazzle for anyone that wanted to purchase Shirts or ?. Am I mistaken about the Zazzle site or did I miss the post about it.:confused3:confused3
Also, would someone please put the link to the first page of the posts where information on this site is posted. As you can now tell, I am not good at negotiating these sites.:surfweb:
Thank you
Joyce
Jeff is still working on the Zazzle image. He's a perfectionist and won't put something up for purchase unless it's perfect. He'll have time this week (he's away on business to Phoenix) to work on it.

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

I noticed in one of the photos taken from off the ship at the Panama Canal people had a 'banner' to identify the group - but the pieces were blowing so it couldn't be read. Have any of you experienced PC cruisers done anything like that? How did it work out?

On the EB 2008 we were allowed to hang banners from our rails with permission from the crew. We hung a banner/flag from the verandah and tied it tightly with zip ties. We have a great picture of us on our verandah with our flag. I do know they asked that you not throw anything to the people who line the canal. When you go through, there were several people gathered to wave at us. We were asked not to toss anything to them as souvineers or gifts as DCL would be fined. We did cheer and wave at them though as they wave us through on our journey! :)

On the EB 2008 we were allowed to hang banners from our rails with permission from the crew. We hung a banner/flag from the verandah and tied it tightly with zip ties. We have a great picture of us on our verandah with our flag. I do know they asked that you not throw anything to the people who line the canal. When you go through, there were several people gathered to wave at us. We were asked not to toss anything to them as souvineers or gifts as DCL would be fined. We did cheer and wave at them though as they wave us through on our journey! :)

Great memories! I remember seeing banners on this cruise, too....... Hanging out all day at the adults only pool and can't wait to do it again!

Maybe I should bring my bright Orange Gator flag. Last year on the Magic we played Wii games and played some phase 10 too. Still hoping for a discount but not hopeful. Paying on the 7 as my CC goes into a new cycle on the 3rd..

Paying on the 7 as my CC goes into a new cycle on the 3rd..
Do you have the Disney Visa by chance? I'll be paying on the 3rd to make sure it goes through by the 8th. Gotta stretch out the 6 months no interest but don't want to miss early booking. Thank goodness I'm working from home that week so I can sleep in a little and work in my PJs after staying up until 1am. :surfweb: If I'm feeling so giddy I can't sleep, I'll try to post excursion times for you all when I'm finished. I haven't booked any excursions on-line in about 3 years so I don't know how hard/easy it will be to see time for all excursions.

Just a note for you for those doing Disney Visa for the interest. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't gone to re-read the terms and conditions recently. But having been in the banking business I know for our bank if we had 0% interest on an item, it really didn't matter when in the cycle it's purchased because it's 6months flat. So if your cycle ends on say the 31st and you purchased it on the 22nd you're still no interset for 6 months (out to the 22nd) and then you only have interest for 9 days. Because most credit cards are compounded daily. Just a thought if you're really anxious to get your PIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter