From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so very much. I appreciate that.

Thank you, also. It really means a lot to me.

I think it would be easier to hand out at the event. There will be enough running from room to room with the FE!:rotfl:

I received my lanyards today and they are FABULOUS! Thank you so very much Tenya! You did an excellent job. They are just perfect and so soft!:love:

Excuse my mistake---I thank Des! Tenya is doing the bracelets!

Had another acupuncture treament today so I am taking it easy! Would love to work on packing, but I will do some of that Saturday evening and Sunday!

Thanks for the list Jen. That will help so much!

Have a great weekend everyone! DD should have her results by Monday!

Thank you for your kind thoughts for my friends. It has truly been an unbelievable week of events. I will be so relieved to hear from my daughter Monday! Grief is such a great emotion and when you are so unexpectly hit, I know how over powering it can be.:hug:

I love this design

Welcome on board.

They did Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique on the Magic during the European season and they were happy to accommodate me. I assume the same would be true for the WDW locations.

Thanks for posting this. Now I have to try and find a Mexican outfit. Hopefully this will happen after we have been in at least one Mexican port so that I can get something in port.

Thanks for posting this. I am a little disappointed that the Prince and Princess menu is served on semi-formal night. I was really hoping that this would be served on formal night as I have the perfect princess dress including the tiara.

Corinna
They did Bippitty Boppitty Boutique ON the Magic during the European cruises? That sounds awesome? I wonder if they will do it on ours? I would rather have it done on the cruise if so!

I am also disappointed that prince/princess night is on semi-formal, I also wanted to wear my beautiful dress with tiara and gloves. Now I'm not sure what I want to do, if I still want to wear it for that or the princess night, such a dilemma!

They did Bippitty Boppitty Boutique ON the Magic during the European cruises? That sounds awesome? I wonder if they will do it on ours? I would rather have it done on the cruise if so!

I am also disappointed that prince/princess night is on semi-formal, I also wanted to wear my beautiful dress with tiara and gloves. Now I'm not sure what I want to do, if I still want to wear it for that or the princess night, such a dilemma!

Yes, they did this in Mickey's Mates in the corner near the door that is facing Preludes. They had not started this when I did my Med cruise, but they did it soon afterwards. The Westbound Transatlantic was the last cruise on which this was offered. I did ask if they would offer this on the Wonder, but they thought that this would be unlikely.

Corinna

Jen, Thanks a bunch for getting that schedule for us :thumbsup2

DH is heading to Chicago for the next few days. Was supposed to be there right about now, but plane was delayed and should be taking off any time. It's only 8:10 here but I think the kids and I are about to get snuggly in our PJs and watch Toy Story. Hope everyone has a nice evening!!!

Yes, they did this in Mickey's Mates in the corner near the door that is facing Preludes. They had not started this when I did my Med cruise, but they did it soon afterwards. The Westbound Transatlantic was the last cruise on which this was offered. I did ask if they would offer this on the Wonder, but they thought that this would be unlikely.

Corinna

Corinna, how much did they charge you for the hair-do at BBB on the magic?

With time, women gain weight becasue we accumulate to much information and widom in our head that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when i look at my butt in the mirror i will think: "Good Grief, look how smart I am!!"

:rotfl::rotfl:

eeyorelvr10
If u can help I would soooo appreciate it. what is the best way to take action shots at night when the flash is not needed? I tried the action setting but my pictures were blurry...... :confused3

With time, women gain weight becasue we accumulate to much information and widom in our head that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when i look at my butt in the mirror i will think: "Good Grief, look how smart I am!!"

Then I must be the equivilant of Einstein! :lmao:

Got our flights booked today. Delta non-stop from LAX to MCO for $139pp with one free bag each. :woohoo: So glad we don't have to change plans or wait in one, 4.5 hours is long enough for me. Also took care of DVC transfers now that flight is booked.

Only thing left now is waiting for 60 day mark to make DL dining ressies.

Finally got an iPhone today...been playing with it all night so I'll have to catch up on posts later. Goodnight all.

My mother was always the believer that things happened in three's and we have had a dreadful threes week here starting with my dear friend's granddaughter's boyfriend shot & killed himself and she found him. Another dear friend's dd was riding a motor cycle and was hit by a truck and killed the same day and the next day a dear friend was killed in an auto accident. I said we can take no more sad news! That is why I know my dd has to get good news! What a week it has been:sad2::sad2::sad2:

That is all so very sad.

Hi Everyone,
You guys may have already discussed this, if so I've missed it......are any of you renting a car at the port in LA? I hope to, we are staying at the Disneyland resort but plan to do some sightseeing too. So far i haven't figured out what's available if anything at the port. I don't want to pay for the super shuttle for 4 to the Disney resort then rent a car from there. Thanks for any guidance.

I did a lot of research around rental cars and shuttles and finally found the best option for the four of us. In order to accommodate all of our luggage we would have to rent a larger car at the port. If we get everything to DLR then we can get a compact (much cheaper). So we found a coupon code for Super Shuttle saving $6/person. Then we found a coupon code through Visa (10%+$30 off) to use with Alamo which has a location at DTD. Finally we take Super Shuttle one more time at the end of our vacation to the OC airport.

We would love to get together with everyone here in Central Florida sometime prior to the cruise. A trip to a WDW park would be fun. Please let me know if you have any interest. I'm thinking one of the following Saturdays:
  • Nov. 20
  • Dec. 4
  • Dec. 11

Once we decide who is interested and which Saturday will work best, we can pick a park. If admissions are an issue we can meet up at Downtown Disney or a resort. Even if you don't live in Central Florida but may be in the area, feel free to join us.

Just to follow up on this, a few people have responded and the consensus so far is the weekend of Dec. 11. We still have some details to figure out, but would Friday evening or Saturday morning/noontime work better for everyone as I know some of you were quite busy that weekend?

Might be interested in the meet. We are there the 9th and 10th.On the 10th we will see the Candlelite Procession and then plan on driving back home that night. We are about an hour from WDW. Let me know what is decided and we will see if we can make it. We will also be there Dec. 14th for MVMCP. Anyone doing that on the 14th?

And another Mensa member here! Too cute.

Harole Ann - :hug: What a horrible week. Prayers to all the families and friends.

Jen - Thanks so much for the schedule. No worries here about what to wear on Mexacali night as we will be in Palo.

Not to be outdone - DH got himself a Christmas present last night - and low and behold, one for me. He ordered himself a DeLorme GPS (clueless but he is pretty pleased with himself) and he got me a Kindle. Not having to haul books is a blessing. :dance3:

Well, we are off in a bit to drive out to a country market - they have the best meat counter with real butchers (something we do not have where I live). I imagine there is a stop that the Amish store in my near future too. It is all good.

Have a great day everyone!

Might be interested in the meet. We are there the 9th and 10th.On the 10th we will see the Candlelite Procession and then plan on driving back home that night. We are about an hour from WDW. Let me know what is decided and we will see if we can make it. We will also be there Dec. 14th for MVMCP. Anyone doing that on the 14th?

Perhaps we can just have the meet at Epcot on the evening of the 10th. I'd love to see the Candlelight Processional and that night is even Whoopi. However, her shows are the most popular (crowded) besides those on Christmas Eve/Day and the final show. My boss is actually performing at some of the shows so we may try to get to one of his.

Then I must be the equivilant of Einstein! :lmao:

Got our flights booked today. Delta non-stop from LAX to MCO for $139pp with one free bag each. :woohoo: So glad we don't have to change plans or wait in one, 4.5 hours is long enough for me. Also took care of DVC transfers now that flight is booked.

Only thing left now is waiting for 60 day mark to make DL dining ressies.

Finally got an iPhone today...been playing with it all night so I'll have to catch up on posts later. Goodnight all.

Double:woohoo::woohoo: for your flight price! Awesome!

My mother was always the believer that things happened in three's and we have had a dreadful threes week here starting with my dear friend's granddaughter's boyfriend shot & killed himself and she found him. Another dear friend's dd was riding a motor cycle and was hit by a truck and killed the same day and the next day a dear friend was killed in an auto accident. I said we can take no more sad news! That is why I know my dd has to get good news! What a week it has been:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Good must be coming your way, it just must!!!!!

Sorry we're going to miss the get-together today. We were so looking forward to meeting you. Our dot-ter, 7 yr old dalmatian Cocoa, had to have a large cancerous tumor removed from her mouth and is still not able to be left alone. We tried to find a sitter but...well, you know how that goes! Anyway I know we're sure to meet onboard. Have a great time today.

Jackie

Sorry we're going to miss the get-together today. We were so looking forward to meeting you. Our dot-ter, 7 yr old dalmatian Cocoa, had to have a large cancerous tumor removed from her mouth and is still not able to be left alone. We tried to find a sitter but...well, you know how that goes! Anyway I know we're sure to meet onboard. Have a great time today.

Jackie

Aaaaw, sorry to hear about Cocoa's tumour. How is she doing? Shame about missing the meet.

Jackie

You still have time - the meet is tomorrow :thumbsup2

Sending our wishes for a speedy recovery for Cocoa.

-Kay

Well today the mail man brought ME tickets. 1. I had asked for 2 each. So now I am off to call DVC. Nice warm sunny day in Florida. I now have a large baker cyst behind my right knee. Can't even get into the Ortho Doc until mid Dec with Xrays in early Dec. I have had 2 knee surgeries to that already. I do not have the time for this so close to this awesome vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter