• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

GAD upgrade question

pam931

Earning My Ears
Quick question about upgrading the GAD ticket to a multiday ticket. Do we use them first and then upgrade or can we just upgrade as soon as we redeem our vouchers?

Thanks,
Pam

The requirement is they must first be used as they are valid only on day of issue. You do have 14 days from date of first use to do the upgrade. So you will get your ticket and then enter the park. You can do the upgrade inside the Park or on your way out, or even the next day.

I have read all of the stickies and my head is spinning. Since my current AP does not expire until Feb. 2011, it sounds like there is no way for me to use my GAD certificate towards a renewal, correct? So perhaps an option for me would be to use the certificate to buy a non-expiry ticket that I could save for some year when we won't be getting an AP. I would just use the one day off the non-expiry when I cash in the certificate and then save the ticket for whenever. Is that feasible?

I have read all of the stickies and my head is spinning. Since my current AP does not expire until Feb. 2011, it sounds like there is no way for me to use my GAD certificate towards a renewal, correct?

1- So perhaps an option for me would be to use the certificate to buy a non-expiry ticket that I could save for some year when we won't be getting an AP.

2- I would just use the one day off the non-expiry when I cash in the certificate and then save the ticket for whenever.

3- Is that feasible?

1- Nope.

2- Won't work.
Because, once you USE the ticket on the day of the voucher exchange, then you UPGRADE
to a Non-expiring ticket, that ticket will be ACTIVATED (with one day used.)
And, you can't upgrade or trade-in a ticket after 14 days following its first use.

3- Sorry.

1- Nope.

2- Won't work.
Because, once you USE the ticket on the day of the voucher exchange, then you UPGRADE
to a Non-expiring ticket, that ticket will be ACTIVATED (with one day used.)
And, you can't upgrade or trade-in a ticket after 14 days following its first use.

3- Sorry.
Sorry for being obtuse, but I'm not following something. If I use my GAD (during my Oct. trip) and upgrade that same day to a 10 day non-expiry, wouldn't I still have 9 days on my non-expiry that I can keep indefinitely? Again, I apologize for being so dense.

Sorry for being obtuse, but I'm not following something. If I use my GAD (during my Oct. trip) and upgrade that same day to a 10 day non-expiry, wouldn't I still have 9 days on my non-expiry that I can keep indefinitely? Again, I apologize for being so dense.

Yes.

I'm sorry. Of course you can do that.

I thought you intended to (later, after your AP expired) wanted to use the remaining days on the Non-Expiring ticket to Renew or buy a new AP.

Thanks, Robo. I don't know how you keep all of this stuff straight in your mind and then are willing to be patient with folks like me who can't!

Actually, Robo and I are plotting and conspiring to get rid of a lot of people. When we do, it will make DisBoards much easier to get along and understand!

Actually, Robo and I are plotting and conspiring to get rid of a lot of people. When we do, it will make DisBoards much easier to get along and understand!

Hey!

Actually, I've been thinking that Robo is the original Mr. Lincoln animatronic secretly enhanced with AI, kept stored in the utilidors and became self-aware in November 2001, found an internet connection and has been luring people to the DISboards ever since...

Hence, the name...

Not to hijack the thread, but do we still have to use on one day ticket prior to upgrading to an AP renewal? We're renewing our AP's in late April (they expire May 13) and are using our Give a Day, Get a Day tickets towards their renewal. So would we still have to use them to enter a park, then renew our AP's?? Thanks. :goodvibes

Not to hijack the thread, but do we still have to use on one day ticket prior to upgrading to an AP renewal? We're renewing our AP's in late April (they expire May 13) and are using our Give a Day, Get a Day tickets towards their renewal. So would we still have to use them to enter a park, then renew our AP's?? Thanks. :goodvibes

Yes. To upgrade the GAD ticket to any other ticket or renewal, you have to use it first.

I'll jump in here with a question too. Can you use the credit of the GAD ticket towards the purchase of the Military special ticket (the 4 days for $99)? I've signed up for a GAD activity, but an also eligible for the military ticket; I'm still trying to decide what to do (use the GAD day and have 5 days, buy the military and use the GAD for the fast pass option, etc).

Thanks!

I'll jump in here with a question too. Can you use the credit of the GAD ticket towards the purchase of the Military special ticket (the 4 days for $99)?

A great question.

I'll jump in here with a question too. Can you use the credit of the GAD ticket towards the purchase of the Military special ticket (the 4 days for $99)? I've signed up for a GAD activity, but an also eligible for the military ticket; I'm still trying to decide what to do (use the GAD day and have 5 days, buy the military and use the GAD for the fast pass option, etc).

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. My DH is reserves, so we have ID's, and I don't think he needs to show orders for this ticket (like you do for the Seaworld one).

But, I don't know if they'll let you do an upgrade like that? Since the $99 ticket is so limited already, I don't know if you can use anything to upgrade to it (like even if you had a package with a one day ticket). It would be like getting a 4 day ticket for less than $20, so I don't know if Disney would let you do that.

We're still not finding anything the kids and I can do here feasibly before our trip in March for the GAD anyway!

So...if I use my dd's GAD voucher, towards her new AP, do I just use the voucher or do I have to turn it in for an actual pass?? I know that when I have used the one day, one park pass I get from booking a pkg, I just hand my room key (with the pass on it) to the CM and they take it off there and put it towards the AP.

So...if I use my dd's GAD voucher, towards her new AP, do I just use the voucher or do I have to turn it in for an actual pass?? I know that when I have used the one day, one park pass I get from booking a pkg, I just hand my room key (with the pass on it) to the CM and they take it off there and put it towards the AP.

you have to go to the will-call window to turn in the voucher and get the 1-day ticket, and use it that day. Anytime (within 14 days) after you've entered the park that first day, you can then go back to any ticket or GR window and perform the upgrade.

Can I purchase just a one-day ticket with my free dining package, use that one-day by itself, then use my GAD ticket on day 2 of my vacation and use it to upgrade to a 10-day ticket? I think if I read everything correctly, I can, but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Can I purchase just a one-day ticket with my free dining package, use that one-day by itself, then use my GAD ticket on day 2 of my vacation and use it to upgrade to a 10-day ticket? I think if I read everything correctly, I can, but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Sure, that works...you can do it the other way around as well - upgrade the package 1-day and just use the GAD day by itself. You won't really save anything more either way.

Can I purchase just a one-day ticket with my free dining package, use that one-day by itself, then use my GAD ticket on day 2 of my vacation and use it to upgrade to a 10-day ticket?

Sure, that works...you can do it the other way around as well - upgrade the package 1-day and just use the GAD day by itself. You won't really save anything more either way.

Well, it COULD waste about $85.

We are just talking about saving MONEY, here. ;)

The more economical thing to do is to just KEEP (save for a future trip) the one-day ticket you bought with the package and only upgrade the GAD ticket to 10-day.

Using two separate tickets in the same trip can be very, very costly.

You are free to do so, if you really need 11 theme park days in one trip,
but it will be a costly venture, and again, we are discussing saving MONEY, here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter