GAD upgrade question

Well, it COULD waste about $85.

We are just talking about saving MONEY, here. ;)

The more economical thing to do is to just KEEP (save for a future trip) the one-day ticket you bought with the package and only upgrade the GAD ticket to 10-day.

Using two separate tickets in the same trip can be very, very costly.

You are free to do so, if you really need 11 theme park days in one trip,
but it will be a costly venture, and again, we are discussing saving MONEY, here.

Well, sure...but I interpreted the question as needed 11 park days...if you can get away with only 10 park days, then save the 1-day package ticket for a future trip.

Well, it COULD waste about $85.

We are just talking about saving MONEY, here. ;)

The more economical thing to do is to just KEEP (save for a future trip) the one-day ticket you bought with the package and only upgrade the GAD ticket to 10-day.

Using two separate tickets in the same trip can be very, very costly.

You are free to do so, if you really need 11 theme park days in one trip,
but it will be a costly venture, and again, we are discussing saving MONEY, here.

Turthfully, I don't really NEED 11 days in the park since we'll do the water parks as well, but who can't ever find a use for another day. :goodvibes So, what I could do is get the one-day ticket and save it for another trip and when I get there, use the GAD ticket the first day I go in and then upgrade to a 10-day ticket. Question--if the one day ticket is on my room key, do I just save those for a future trip, or do I ask them to put them on a different thing? Also, shouuldn't it save more than $85? Shouldn't it save me $79 + $79 +$68 + $68? ($296--the cost of 4 one day passes)

Question--if the one day ticket is on my room key, do I just save those for a future trip, or do I ask them to put them on a different thing?

Your choice. Sometimes it is hard to find someone at the resort who can do it. You need to go specifically to the concierge desk to get them to split it to a different ticket, but sometimes the CMs there don't seem to know how.

Also, shouuldn't it save more than $85? Shouldn't it save me $79 + $79 +$68 + $68? ($296--the cost of 4 one day passes)

Well, sure - IF all four of you have a GAD voucher and do the same thing...

Your choice. Sometimes it is hard to find someone at the resort who can do it. You need to go specifically to the concierge desk to get them to split it to a different ticket, but sometimes the CMs there don't seem to know how.

but there is no need to do this, right? If we get a 1 day base ticket with our package but don't use it b/c we are getting homeschool tickets, we can just hang onto the room cards/ticket for a future trip? :confused3

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, we will have GAD tickets as well but will probably use them for the FP's but the 1 day base ticket we have to get for (free) dining is the one I'm concerned about saving for the future.

but there is no need to do this, right? If we get a 1 day base ticket with our package but don't use it b/c we are getting homeschool tickets, we can just hang onto the room cards/ticket for a future trip? :confused3

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, we will have GAD tickets as well but will probably use them for the FP's but the 1 day base ticket we have to get for (free) dining is the one I'm concerned about saving for the future.

You do NOT have to get them separated. Some find it easier to remember they have an old ticket if it looks like a ticket, and not like a room key with an expiration date.

Unused ticket entitlements, even on at KTTW card, do not expire, even though everything else about the KTTW card does.

How much will it cost to upgrade the GAD to a 3 day ticket(for a total of 4 park days) with and without hopper?:thanks:

The rule of upgrades is pretty simple.

1- Subtract the price of the ticket that you HAVE from the price of the ticket that you WANT.
2- Pay that difference.

The GAD ticket is worth $79 (adult) and $68 (age 3-9)
so just subtract $79 (adult) or $68 (child) from the cost of any tickets that you want to upgrade to.

You must USE the GAD ticket to go into a theme park on the day that you upgrade it.

HERE are the current ticket prices.

I'll jump in here with a question too. Can you use the credit of the GAD ticket towards the purchase of the Military special ticket (the 4 days for $99)? I've signed up for a GAD activity, but an also eligible for the military ticket; I'm still trying to decide what to do (use the GAD day and have 5 days, buy the military and use the GAD for the fast pass option, etc).

Thanks!

I would like to know that also.

sooo confused-sooo sorry to ask-BUT what is my best option? getting GAD voucher for myself, DH, DD6, DD9...going to the World in Feb, have AP's that expire in May 2010, going again in Oct 2010 but probably won't return again until after May of 2011..
doesn't really make sense to upgrade to renew AP's, but will need tickets for Oct..

sooo confused-sooo sorry to ask-BUT what is my best option? getting GAD voucher for myself, DH, DD6, DD9...going to the World in Feb, have AP's that expire in May 2010, going again in Oct 2010 but probably won't return again until after May of 2011..
doesn't really make sense to upgrade to renew AP's, but will need tickets for Oct..

It's kind of like the "Free on Your Birthday" promo was last year-
It's great if you can use it. It's not so great if you can't.

If you can use GAD worked into your travel and ticket plans, have at it.

If not, you can choose one of the other GAD offers, or change your plans to suit the GAD program.

You will not be able to use the GAD to renew your APs anyways, as you will be too early (can't renew until 30 days before expiration).

So it makes perfect sense to hold on to them and upgrade them to the tickets you will need in October - which could be brand new APs if your next trip fits in.

Or you can use them for one of the other options.

ok so I can hold onto the GAD until say our Oct trip and put them towards tickets then? wasn't sure how it worked or if the voucher expired...
thank you for your responses:goodvibes

ok so I can hold onto the GAD until say our Oct trip and put them towards tickets then? wasn't sure how it worked or if the voucher expired...
thank you for your responses:goodvibes

The vouchers expire at the end of the promotion, after Dec 15th, 2010.

So confused.. We are doing our GAD next month, going to the world in June..

We have 4 people in our family, will be getting 3 vouchers as our 3 year old DS is too young.. So I want to buy one childs 10 day pass before we leave, then on our first day at the parks take the 3 vouchers to the window, use them and our sons 10 day to get into the park.. Then later that day, upgrade the 3 1 day tickets to 3 10 day passes?

We have 4 people in our family, will be getting 3 vouchers as our 3 year old DS is too young.. So I want to buy one childs 10 day pass before we leave, then on our first day at the parks take the 3 vouchers to the window, use them and our sons 10 day to get into the park.. Then later that day, upgrade the 3 1 day tickets to 3 10 day passes?

Yes.

Wouldn't they only need to upgrade to 9 day passes since they already used one day (the GADGAD) and the one day off the childs pass and now there are 9 days left of the childs pass and the other three need 9 days? I'm asking because when we go down we will be upgrading as well and I need to know how many days to upgrade after using them. I was only going to upgrade to the number of days that we had left in the parks - not the total number that were needed including the day we entered with the GADGAD voucher. Am I looking at this incorrectly?

Wouldn't they only need to upgrade to 9 day passes since they already used one day (the GADGAD) and the one day off the childs pass and now there are 9 days left of the childs pass and the other three need 9 days? I'm asking because when we go down we will be upgrading as well and I need to know how many days to upgrade after using them. I was only going to upgrade to the number of days that we had left in the parks - not the total number that were needed including the day we entered with the GADGAD voucher. Am I looking at this incorrectly?

You need to communicate clearly what you want with the CM when you do it. You would as for "9 additional days" added, which would make the original ticket a 10-day ticket. There is a distinction, as no MYW ticket can be extended beyond 10 total days, used or unused. Around here we refer to the tickets by the total number of days, so when we say "upgrade to a 10-day" we mean "add additional days such that the total used and unused is 10 days".

You would need to upgrade to the total number of days in the park that you will be using.

(EXAMPLE)
If you need 9 days in the park:

Use the GAD at the park (day-1) and upgrade it to a 9-Day MYW ticket.

That new ticket will (in effect) already have one day USED (because you upgraded a one-day USED ticket.)
You'll then have the 8 days left on the ticket that you will need.

Thank you - I understand now - it's a difference in how the terminology is understood by Me (the WDW newbie) and those in the know and the CM's. Quite a wide gap of understanding :lmao:. Thanks for clearing it up though - I get it now - I think. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter