Gay Days live reports......

Loving all the pics. We SO would love to meet you all some year. Any way of getting them to change the month from June, to say, March? :)

Maybe we just need to form a mini-gaydays of our own? :rotfl2:

Now, that sounds like a plan! Just, go for the middle of March, would you? (I get one week in March that I can travel during and it would be frustrating if a new event was planned that I still couldn't make.

Let us know when you get back and yes, we'll set something up somewhere so we can hear all about y'alls trip.

Then we can talk about how I'm being forced to make serious plans for our Gay Day's trip in October. Trying to juggle 6 people and getting as all around the parks to see World of Color, Fantasmic!, Two dining plans to accomodate WOC and Fantasmic! as well as Club 33 dinner and to top it all off, Mickeys Halloween Party on Friday night which will be a hard ticket event at DL for the first time EVER. It's always been free and for some reason (money and to piss off all the DL regulars), they're deciding to follow in the footsteps of WDW for this. I have a feeling this will blow up in their faces.

Ugh.

Anyhoo, Can't wait to see you all!

There he goes! Rubbing it in, AGAIN!

:rotfl:

IMG_1308.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

OF COURSE DVC~OKW puts in an appearance and I miss it! :headache: Well, I am glad SOME of you guys got to meet her and DP!

We loved being a part of Gay Days this year!

Oh, Mr. Z. :sad2: Group travel is never a good idea. Ask Gypsybear. ;)

I like the photo of us too Rob!
Well not so much of me (almost never like my image on film)
but I like the "idea" of the photo.

I like the photo of us too Rob!
Well not so much of me (almost never like my image on film)
but I like the "idea" of the photo.

Isn't the one where I had to manhandle you to get you into the shot?:rotfl2:

And it's totally a cute pic of you! Get over it!

Okay, so here is my entire gay days trip experience deeply edited for the sake of literary space! It was truly the most magical trip I've had yet.

Day 1 (Wednesday, June 2): Arrived at the contemporary and headed to the Magic Kingdom. At 7:30 PM, had dinner reservations at Ohana. I originally was unable to get reservations but my dear friend Lipoa got them for me (she's the entertainer there)! When we arrived, she had REAL leis for us made from carnations! Complete with tea leaves and ribbon! So beautiful! She also gave us Mickey cupcakes and her "pixie dust" maracas! She made our first day amazing!

Day 2 (Thursday, June 3): We headed to Animal Kingdom. We met up at the DAWA meet for 2 hours during a monsoon like storm. It was so nice to meet everyone, especially our new friends Jeff and Sullivan! My shirt this day was a pirate stitch in a mickey head with the phrase: "Surrender 'yer booty!"

Day 3 (Friday, June 4): At Hollywood Studios it was Star Wars Weekend! I had great seating for the parade and I had a magnificent time! Enjoyed the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater very much! My shirt this day (which garnered much attention) had a picture of tinker bell and said "I'm not just another fairy!" Friday night we went to Typhoon Lagoon for the "Let's Go Play!" celebration and had tons of fun!

Day 4 (Saturday, June 5): This day started off like any other. I arrived at the Magic Kingdom 10 minutes after it opened, turned in my voluntear voucher from the give a day, get a day program, obtained the free fast passes and my voluntear buttons. As I was traveling down Main Street, I stopped to trade pins with a cast member and the next thing I knew, I was told that I was getting a surprise. After verifying we would be in the MK all day, a very nice cast member told us that we were going to be one of the grand marshalls for the parade! I couldn't believe it! We arrived promptly at 2:30 PM as told, and the next thing we knew we had the experience of a lifetime! Not only were we in the front car of the parade - but it was Gay Day in the Magic Kindgom! The sea of red shirts was so breathtaking I nearly teared up. As soon as the masses of our bretheren saw we were wearing very gay red shirts :cheer2: they greeted us with screams, applause and cheers! The noise was SO loud that I couldn't help but think if Ryan Seacrest were in the parade, he wouldn't have gotten any more applause and cheers than we did :rotfl2: My shirt this day had a picture of peter pan that said "Got pixie dust?"

Cast members were giving me pixie dust all day long! I hadn't anticipated that one... Then, that day I had continued having my picture taken with Peter Pan. There's just one Peter I am particularly fond of! He happened to be in both the Dreams Come True parade and the MSEP! Anyway, he wasn't the one I had my picture with but it was Peter, none the less! That night I saw the premier of the Summernightastic fireworks via the dessert buffet and the MSEP! AMAZING! I can't believe that actually let Captain Hook "blow up" the castle! WOW --- so breathtaking!

Day 5 (Sunday, June 6): We met up at Noon for the DATW at Mexico. We had the best group of friends together ever! We all had a blast! I met the love of my life in Germany. He just didn't feel the same way! But I had him sign my shirt and check his name off... that nice, nice HANS! Why can't USA boys be that hot? I could go on about him all day, but I won't. We made our way around the world and it took 8 hours to drink all those beverages and to eat in Germany... no HANS was NOT on the buffet...I asked! I had to settle for traditional german wieners instead. Anyway, as I was leaving EPCOT at 8 PM to head to the Extra Magic Hours in the MK until 2 AM, a cast member stopped me and asked me about the shirt. I started talking, and the next thing we knew, she called her boyfriend at Soarin and told him to let us on with no wait. Then, another cast member said he'd be right back because he wanted to do something for us. He came right back with two fast passes for anything in the Magic Kingdom. They were all so nice! Then, that night, as we were leaving the MK at 2 AM, another cast member stopped us because of our shirts and our pins. She decided we were so nice she was going to give us a pin. She went and got a stash of pins and told us to pick out what we wanted.

On Monday, we flew home and we were still in disbelief about all of the Magic we experienced on our Gay Days Vacation. We met the best friends ever, and we love you all!

That's awesome, Drew! We had such a blast with you guys! :) I'm sorry it didn't work out with Hans. :confused3 Thanks for dancing with me. :)

That's awesome, Drew! We had such a blast with you guys! :) I'm sorry it didn't work out with Hans. :confused3 Thanks for dancing with me. :)

Dancing with you was the second highlight of the day! We all know the REAL highlight of the day!
Next year my EPCOT gay days shirt will say

"HANS' number 1 fan!"
And them I'm putting the picture I took with him on the back!

Or maybe we can replace Clint Eastwood with Hans! It could say something like: "I don't go to Germany for the beer -- I go for HANS!"

That would be really cool. He was pretty. :)

My dad was stoked when I told him I danced the polka at the Biergarten. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter