Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

The reservation only allows me to book 1 adult, can I bring my 13 year old son along with me or do I need to plop him outside. Unsure how it works. Much appreciated :)
I went to one and the woman in front of me had a boy with her who looked high-school age and they suggested he just sit on the bench outside, but then she said he’s 11 and just looks old (!!!), so they said she could do either.

You're only inside for a minute or two. They don’t let you in until there’s an open table with a register. You walk up, say which items you want, pay while they bag, and walk out - I bet I was inside for a total of 90 seconds, no lie.

I went to one and the woman in front of me had a boy with her who looked high-school age and they suggested he just sit on the bench outside, but then she said he’s 11 and just looks old (!!!), so they said she could do either.

You're only inside for a minute or two. They don’t let you in until there’s an open table with a register. You walk up, say which items you want, pay while they bag, and walk out - I bet I was inside for a total of 90 seconds, no lie.

Perfect! Thank you :)

Waiting as well to hear an update. We are making the trip for my birthday next week. Traditionally our big Christmas trip, now I am nervous for the crowds for Buena Vista opening. DH had to submit last month risk assessment paperwork to even allow him off the military base to travel to Anaheim for predetermined days which just so happen to be the exact days they announced later to be the opening of Buena Vista St. Awesome! But also... crowds ekkkk! So we can’t change it. Gotta go before the military changes their mind and says nope. Haha. Hoping for reservations to open. I would imagine they would need shopping reservations for it to limit the crowds?

I wouldn’t worry about crowds. They only allow a certain number of people in the Downtown Disney area at a time. And there are virtual queues for the more popular stores. I believe it will be the same for Buena Vista St.

I wouldn’t worry about crowds. They only allow a certain number of people in the Downtown Disney area at a time. And there are virtual queues for the more popular stores. I believe it will be the same for Buena Vista St.

That’s good to hear. Calms me down a bit We got a room at the Fairfield off Harbor across the street for the night prior since we live a few hours away. What time is suggested to line up in the AM to be there for opening?

We’re visiting DTD this Wednesday (the 18th - day before Buena Vista Street opens), and are planning on getting there when they open. I see the open time is 10am, but does the parking lot open earlier than that? How have the weekday crowds been? Thanks - and any tips are appreciated!

Hi! When I've been recently the parking lot opens at 9:45. Last Tuesday we arrived at 10:15 and drove right into the parking lot and walked right through security with zero wait. Walked right into Dress Shop and WOD. I would say virtual queues for shops that day started around 11:30ish? There is a shopping event that day (online reservations only), but it still has a lot of slots so I doubt will have any effect.

Enjoy your day!!

Went to DTD today! Hadn’t been in a few weeks. Felt great to hear the Disney music again.

- In regards to merchandise:The gingerbread plushies seem to be the hot ticket. There are plenty of Minnie’s, but Mickey is sold out.
- I only went to World of Disney, the backlot, Marcelines and the home store. I like the new system for the virtual queue. Instead of signing up with a CM, you scan a QR code and join yourself. Helped minimize the bunching of people around a CM when you wanted to sign up.
-The parking lot seems to be fuller, but it didn’t seem any more crowded than when I came a month or so ago. When I left around 12:30 cars were being let in so it wasn’t closed.

Went to DTD today! Hadn’t been in a few weeks. Felt great to hear the Disney music again.

- In regards to merchandise:The gingerbread plushies seem to be the hot ticket. There are plenty of Minnie’s, but Mickey is sold out.
- I only went to World of Disney, the backlot, Marcelines and the home store. I like the new system for the virtual queue. Instead of signing up with a CM, you scan a QR code and join yourself. Helped minimize the bunching of people around a CM when you wanted to sign up.
-The parking lot seems to be fuller, but it didn’t seem any more crowded than when I came a month or so ago. When I left around 12:30 cars were being let in so it wasn’t closed.
Thanks for the update! Glad you had a good time and got some cute things. :) By the way, did you happen to notice whether any of the merchandise which is sold out online is available in DTD, e.g. gingerbread Mickey pin, gingerbread Baublebar earrings, green plaid spirit jersey, Loungefly The Child backpack, etc.?

Thanks for the update! Glad you had a good time and got some cute things. :) By the way, did you happen to notice whether any of the merchandise which is sold out online is available in DTD, e.g. gingerbread Mickey pin, gingerbread Baublebar earrings, green plaid spirit jersey, Loungefly The Child backpack, etc.?
Hmm let me think
I didn’t check the pins or jewelry.

The green plaid spirit jersey was there! It is advertised with the green emerald ears that were released awhile ago. I also saw the Silver and Gold, and Red spirit jersey with the characters

I don’t recall The Child backpack, but the ears were there.

I saw the holiday Crocs. I can’t remember if I saw the peppermint backpack or not. I don’t recall seeing people buying it.

Backlot had pretty much the same stuff as WOD. They still have some Haunted mansion dooneys !!

If you're looking for the child Loungefly and the green spirit jersey, I saw them at 2 different Disney Stores today. I'm in the Bay Area, but it might be worth checking your Disney Store.

If you're looking for the child Loungefly and the green spirit jersey, I saw them at 2 different Disney Stores today. I'm in the Bay Area, but it might be worth checking your Disney Store.
This is good news for anyone looking for those items for holiday gifts! Things can sell out so quickly online, so knowing that the items do exist in the Disney Stores and in DTD can help those who missed out.

Does anyone know what time you're able to get into the esplanade of DTD? I'll be visiting on Thursday and I'd like to get there as early as possible. (We're staying in a hotel across the street.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter