Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

We arrived at 9:30 and got a great parking spot. Attendance was especially light today, perhaps the lightest I’ve seen since DTD reopened.

Nothing special to report. We dressed up a bit in honor of (the approximate date of) Dapper Day. We only saw a group of three other people that were also dressed for it (pic below). We loved that they all wore ornaments on their dresses. As seen in the pic below, my friend wore the Disney button that I hacked for her. She liked it.
View attachment 537230

Here’s a close-up of the button.
View attachment 537244

View attachment 537231

The line, however, for Marceline's Confectionery seemed to be unusually long. I don’t ever recall seeing it stretch around the corner.
View attachment 537232
I’ve seen it stretch around the corner a number of times.

Is limited shopping and dining inside of DCA exponentially better than shopping/dining at DTD? Personally, I don’t believe that it is. But again, I could be wrong.
I have a few friends who haven't been to DTD at all, but are willing to come once DCA opens because of Carthay opening.

I have a few friends who haven't been to DTD at all, but are willing to come once DCA opens because of Carthay opening.
I guess we’ll see what happens. Of course crowd estimates will have to suffice because, as we’ll all know, Disney has always kept those numbers to themselves. Many of us seem to have a reasonable sense of typical/a-typical crowds, though.

Another restaurant that will have Thanksgiving meals! Ralph Brennan’s! They are walk in only though it looks like.
Link to menu: https://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/menus/thanksgiving-day-specials/
View attachment 538067
I phoned the Jazz Kitchen today to clarify their reservation situation for Thanksgiving Day. If you have a reservation through Disney Dining for Thanksgiving Day at the Jazz Kitchen, it will be honored as usual. Disney Dining gives each TS restaurant in DTD a daily allotment of reservations. When that allotment is met, the restaurant must move to walk-ups. But, it you need a TS reservation for Thanksgiving Day in DTD (at the Jazz Kitchen or any other location that may not have openings now), keep looking for cancellations.

I phoned the Jazz Kitchen today to clarify their reservation situation for Thanksgiving Day. If you have a reservation through Disney Dining for Thanksgiving Day at the Jazz Kitchen, it will be honored as usual. Disney Dining gives each TS restaurant in DTD a daily allotment of reservations. When that allotment is met, the restaurant must move to walk-ups. But, it you need a TS reservation for Thanksgiving Day in DTD (at the Jazz Kitchen or any other location that may not have openings now), keep looking for cancellations.
That makes sense. I was wondering if they had stopped reservations via Disney since the site said walk ins only. Thanks for double checking!

I tried to search for the answer but didn’t find it so I apologize if this has been asked/answered. We are going to visit DTD on Sunday and we are staying overnight at the Tropicana. Is there a security/screening area on the Harbor side? Also how busy are Sundays?

I tried to search for the answer but didn’t find it so I apologize if this has been asked/answered. We are going to visit DTD on Sunday and we are staying overnight at the Tropicana. Is there a security/screening area on the Harbor side? Also how busy are Sundays?
I’m not sure how Sunday’s are, but YES there is a security screening on the Harbor side.

The reservation only allows me to book 1 adult, can I bring my 13 year old son along with me or do I need to plop him outside. Unsure how it works. Much appreciated :)
Hmm, not sure. Hopefully someone chimes in. I have heard of younger children being allowed in with parents, but not sure about 13 y/o.

I know the OC Register said that Carthay would be taking reservations. Has anyone heard anything else about it? I keep checking to see if Carthay has been added to the reservation system, but I don't see anything.

I know the OC Register said that Carthay would be taking reservations. Has anyone heard anything else about it? I keep checking to see if Carthay has been added to the reservation system, but I don't see anything.

Waiting as well to hear an update. We are making the trip for my birthday next week. Traditionally our big Christmas trip, now I am nervous for the crowds for Buena Vista opening. DH had to submit last month risk assessment paperwork to even allow him off the military base to travel to Anaheim for predetermined days which just so happen to be the exact days they announced later to be the opening of Buena Vista St. Awesome! But also... crowds ekkkk! So we can’t change it. Gotta go before the military changes their mind and says nope. Haha. Hoping for reservations to open. I would imagine they would need shopping reservations for it to limit the crowds?

Couldn’t face another isolated day so I shot down here just for a few hours. The shuttered carousel is from Griffith Park. It’s where Walt was sitting when the idea for Disneyland struck him. DL has the original bench at the Opera House. I stopped there this morning for a brief walk.
3D02983D-0C10-40D4-B425-8190747357D2.jpeg

D6C8FC3C-55A9-4C8B-9C21-44DFB2F67322.jpeg

C0104C69-85E3-4C59-9DBA-40FE101B1D35.jpeg

1B6DFEF6-3AE1-4F90-9715-891DCA870C76.jpeg

42A89DFC-AD5A-4538-816F-AAFABB1E9B36.jpeg

The carousel at Griffith Park at which Walt first conceived Disneyland.

3BC6AD4E-CBA4-4D11-8AAB-FC187AEF054C.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter