Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I’ve never had a bad experience there during all of this. Mask compliance is very high, as is enforcement. It’s honestly better than the grocery store. The CM’s remind people to social distance. There is plenty of space to walk and distance yourself from others.

I would say go on a weekday for lowest crowds. If you do a weekend, go at opening to beat the afternoon “crowd“, if you could even call it that lol

I’ve been several times, most recently yesterday when crowds were especially light. Certainly Disney does an excellent job of managing social distancing and enforcing masks. It’s pretty uncommon to see someone with their mask down even below his/her nose. I did see that briefly yesterday on the esplanade and a CM crossed the entire area to remind the guest of their policy. At this point, though, anyone that isn’t wear a mask properly isn’t forgetting. They’re ignoring :-).

I would say go on a weekday for lowest crowds. If you do a weekend, go at opening to beat the afternoon “crowd“, if you could even call it that lol
“Crowds” in anything other than a Disney sense of the word ;-).

Last edited:
I was just wondering for those who have been there, what is your comfort level while walking around Down town disney? I'm kind of nervous but I NEED to get out of the house and would feel better if I could get some input. Thank you so much!
As other posters have said, Disney does a great job of enforcing the safety protocols. But you can only control yourself, not others. So wear your mask, use the hand washing stations and the hand sanitizer stations, and social distance as much as you can. If other people get too close, move away from them. CMs are very good about reminding people to wear their masks and to wear them properly. They ask people not to crowd. But you need to be aware and to take care of yourself. We've never felt unsafe and feel more comfortable in DTD than in just about any other public place right now. It's WAY better than Target!

I was just wondering for those who have been there, what is your comfort level while walking around Down town disney? I'm kind of nervous but I NEED to get out of the house and would feel better if I could get some input. Thank you so much!
What was your comfort level with crowds and lines pre-pandemic?

My tolerance for them was not high so, for me, I feel that the number of people is a little too much most of the time. The CMs do a great job reminding people to follow guidelines, but it irks me that they have to do so. It's difficult to maintain distance when others aren't trying to do the same.

Earlier in the day has been better than later, and weekdays are definitely better than weekends. You can get a feel for how large the crowds are by how long it takes to get through the parking lot and through security. I'm not sure if Harbor side is still the quicker entrance, but that could be an option.

It's great to have DTD open again. You should definitely go just to check it out and see how everything feels to you. Parking is currently free, so there's no loss there except fuel costs. I hope you have a great time

What was your comfort level with crowds and lines pre-pandemic?

My tolerance for them was not high so, for me, I feel that the number of people is a little too much most of the time. The CMs do a great job reminding people to follow guidelines, but it irks me that they have to do so. It's difficult to maintain distance when others aren't trying to do the same.

Earlier in the day has been better than later, and weekdays are definitely better than weekends. You can get a feel for how large the crowds are by how long it takes to get through the parking lot and through security. I'm not sure if Harbor side is still the quicker entrance, but that could be an option.

It's great to have DTD open again. You should definitely go just to check it out and see how everything feels to you. Parking is currently free, so there's no loss there except fuel costs. I hope you have a great time
Good point about knowing one's general comfort level with crowds -- safety protocols aren't going to change that, so best be prepared anyway.
As for the Harbor side bag check, it was empty on Saturday evening. I was the only person there and, apparently, the only person who had been there in a while based on how the temp check folks were claiming me, "I get this one!" It did have a different vibe, though. We almost always use the DLH side, so it felt funny to hear the Security CMs at dog check say, "Don't pet the puppy! Don't stop for the puppy!" No one ever says that on the DLH side. I guess a lot of kids on the Harbor side get distracted by the dogs. lol...

DTD TS restaurants have their Thanksgiving Day menu offerings listed. Jazz Kitchen has December menu items listed, too. You can find them on the Disneyland website. (I haven't yet looked at the menus on the app.)

When BVS opens on 11/19, they will start to charge $10/car for parking in the Simba lot.
They didn’t mention APs with parking, so I’d assume it will not be able to be used.

That actually makes me hopeful they might continue to keep APs “paused” once the parks reopen with the reservation system, and only “unpause” APs once things get closer to normal.

They didn’t mention APs with parking, so I’d assume it will not be able to be used.

That actually makes me hopeful they might continue to keep APs “paused” once the parks reopen with the reservation system, and only “unpause” APs once things get closer to normal.
Also AP’s were never valid at DTD lots so technically it follows the original model. I still wish it would be free though lol

I’ve never had a bad experience there during all of this. Mask compliance is very high, as is enforcement. It’s honestly better than the grocery store. The CM’s remind people to social distance. There is plenty of space to walk and distance yourself from others.

We are going on a Friday....what time do you think we should be at parking?

Is there a guide anywhere on how to navigate downtown Disney during COVID times? I would also like to go to the Carthay Circle Restaurant. I could not find any reservations available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter