• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I’m here now and bumped into Abby shortly after I arrived, which is always nice. As far as layoffs are concerned, she’s safe for now. She and some fellow CMs received emails to that effect earlier today, in fact.

Crowds are light this morning. In fact, they’re the lightest I’ve seen in quite some time. Oddly, the music stopped playing about ten minutes ago and now it’s relatively silent throughout DTD. I’ve never experienced that here before and it’s kind of strange.

Some pics. Just after the railroad underpass inside of DL, I’ve spied what I’m pretty sure are hand washing stations. A few months ago I would have taken that as a good sign. Now I merely see it as a marker that DL is merely prepared.

They’re hard to see but there appear to be hand washing stations just beyond the railroad underpass.
821DDC26-825C-4A2D-8944-B89FB3088EC8.jpeg

1F2A7004-75E2-42AC-8446-A41992CB3063.jpeg

40517844-4662-4249-8E34-039C750D380B.jpeg

8E42061A-319B-4371-A21B-F32FF87CD00B.jpeg

4EB3A70D-D718-449A-859D-DB9B3F34E2FE.jpeg

56331621-EE6A-4264-9CFC-50880182DF1C.jpeg

9AAEC357-945F-4825-A914-741EE07B3E84.jpeg

Last edited:
The music turned back on. Very quiet without it.
Right? Kind of surreal to be here without it. Crowds are still relatively light. There’s perhaps a ten-minute wait for WOD. I’m sitting outside of the Starbucks next door as I sip my tea and look for people I know.

A few more pics. Yes, I’m aware that I always post this pic of the Main Street clocktower. But I still think/hope that it makes some of you smile.
ACA80A9A-6B43-46C9-A053-AE6F69830DFC.jpeg

D8BC8D64-9202-4739-A5E9-4A1929240F85.jpeg

Also, a Toys for Tots collection box just outside of WOD. I’ve never seen one anywhere at DL. Have I simply missed them or is this something new this year?
9F4D5A03-4E2A-4096-AA47-C30AB758BBA3.jpeg

A few more pics. Yes, I’m aware that I always post this pic of the Main Street clocktower. But I still think/hope that it makes some of you smile.
View attachment 535947

View attachment 535949

Also, a Toys for Tots collection box just outside of WOD. I’ve never seen one anywhere at DL. Have I simply missed them or is this something new this year?
View attachment 535950
It’s not new. They’ve participated for many years but the boxes are always in DtD.

I’m leaving now and the line is the shortest I’ve ever seen it at this time of day. It doesn’t even stretch into the parking lot.

In years prior it was usually only for a handful of days. This is the first year that they are going to collect for 6 weeks.
Seems like this year that’s a good idea. This is perhaps the most desperate time in recent memory for the county as a whole. I often say to people that these days I’m simply grateful to be healthy, fed and solvent :-).

... Also, a Toys for Tots collection box just outside of WOD. I’ve never seen one anywhere at DL. Have I simply missed them or is this something new this year?
View attachment 535950
It’s not new. They’ve participated for many years but the boxes are always in DtD.
How do the Toys for Tots boxes work? I've never seen them at DTD before.
Toys for Tots has a long, cherished history with Disney. ( From toysfortots.org: "As a personal friend and as a favor to Bill, Walt Disney designed the first Toys for Tots poster which included a miniature three-car train that was subsequently adopted as the Toys for Tots logo.") I'm glad the tradition will continue this year. There are collection boxes in DTD every year, usually by the Main Stage on the west end by the AMC and EOS. See this Parks Blog post from last year:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...disney-district-at-disneyland-resort-dec-7-8/

I was just wondering for those who have been there, what is your comfort level while walking around Down town disney? I'm kind of nervous but I NEED to get out of the house and would feel better if I could get some input. Thank you so much!

I was just wondering for those who have been there, what is your comfort level while walking around Down town disney? I'm kind of nervous but I NEED to get out of the house and would feel better if I could get some input. Thank you so much!

I have been 3 times now. All on the weekends (most recently yesterday). I go at opening (and actually aim to park right about 9:30 AM) so I am ahead of the crowds. I usually last 2-3 hours before I find the crowds to be bigger than I am comfortable with, so I leave at that point. I do see good mask compliance. And yesterday in WoD, there was a cast member in the Christmas section trying to separate people and remind about social distancing.

I was completely comfortable when I went back in September (and that included airplane travel), but then, I'm not all that fussy about the COVID (I understand that some people are considerably more concerned than I am, and that's fine). I like what it looks like they're doing with the virtual queues for the stores - QR codes rather than CMs. We will be back the first weekend of December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter